Which one?

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 20
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
So let me get this straight. 

The reason the suicide rate in the Trans-community is so high, is because society is not tolerant enough for them, but also the reason that the Trans-population has rose up so quick is because they now feel like they can come out because society is more tolerant?

Which is it?
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
It's possible for a society to be in the process of becoming more tolerant
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The reasons behind the high suicide rate in the transgender community are complex. While societal intolerance and discrimination (social bullying) certainly play a role, other factors such as mental health issues can also contribute.

Yes, there has been increased visibility and acceptance of the transgender community, and this has led to more individuals feeling comfortable coming out and seeking support. However, this does not necessarily mean that society as a whole is fully accepting or tolerant of transgender individuals. Discrimination and violence against transgender people still exist, and many transgender individuals continue to face significant challenges and barriers in various aspects of their lives. Most trans people are not satisfied with simple tolerance. Full acceptance is the goal.

So, to answer your question, i don't think this is a simple either-or answer. The rise in visibility and acceptance of the transgender community has most certainly led to more individuals feeling comfortable coming out, but societal intolerance and discrimination can likely still contribute to the high suicide rate among transgender individuals.

IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
People are more tolerant with trannies, that is true, but it doesn't mean they are willing to interact, let alone to create social bonds with them. Dismiss trannies as social peers must be hard for them.

If you hear some of the complaints from trannies, you'll see they don't like to be rejected by men constantly (curiously the same doesn't happen to trans men). People are still afraid of them, we see them as weird creatures. And I'm not sure we can accept them as part of our social circle anytime soon.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The reason the suicide rate in the Trans-community is so high, is because society is not tolerant enough for them, but also the reason that the Trans-population has rose up so quick is because they now feel like they can come out because society is more tolerant?

Which is it?
These are not contradictory things.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It's fairly obvious the suicide rate (and attempted suicide rate) is high because they believe they have the wrong body and that it is a great misfortune. Some are assisted in the delusion for a time that medical techniques can give them the body they believe they should have, but ultimately it can't and thus the depression returns worse than ever.

There are two and only two permanent solutions to the root cause:

1.) Stop believing oneself to be in the "wrong body" by some means.
2.) Actually get the right body by some means.

(1) may be possible, but of course no one but the dysphoric person could possibly know for sure. It's likely in my opinion that the dysphoria is encouraged and grew in many modern cases and thus would have been prevented entirely without so much "gender affirming" infrastructure. In the past self-acceptance may have been the best medicine for those with truly internal dysphoria.

(2) may be possible in 100 to 5000 years.
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
We are more tolerant than before

Which still doesnt mean we are tolerant enough????

We will never be tolerant enough!!!

Because then trans wouldnt be able to explain suicide rates without admitting that trans people are mentally ill.

So in a way, intolerance benefits trans as it gives them cover story for suicide rates.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
Dismiss trannies as social peers must be hard for them.
There is nothing wrong about having tranny as a friend.
In fact, in many ways it would be beneficial.
Talking to different types of people is better than talking with just those who are same as you.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
For women it's ok, but for men it's kind of creepy.

Are you a girl or a boy?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
Are you a girl or a boy?
I am male. It says so on my profile.

For women it's ok, but for men it's kind of creepy.
Creepy, sure. I thought some people liked creepy? Thats why horror movies exist. Plus, some trannies arent that creepy. Some actually look like the gender they are pretending to be.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
Creepy, sure. I thought some people liked creepy? Thats why horror movies exist. Plus, some trannies arent that creepy. Some actually look like the gender they are pretending to be.
That would explain why some states finance the gender transition, because most transgenders are unable to afford the sex change, otherwise they'd use what they have at hand and end up looking like a creep, which is a reason to be marginalized.

By the way, people don't like creepy shit.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Is the development of the dysphoric mind relative to sexuality, evolutionary in terms of biological evolution or data evolution?

And what are we actually discussing here?.....Procreational sexuality or recreational sexuality.

There are certain implications that arise depending on how one answers these two questions.

Which still suggests to me that the trans/dysphoric argument is not necessarily sincere, or well established as a physiological principle.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Greyparrot
The reasons behind the high suicide rate in the transgender community are complex. While societal intolerance and discrimination (social bullying) certainly play a role, other factors such as mental health issues can also contribute.

Yes, there has been increased visibility and acceptance of the transgender community, and this has led to more individuals feeling comfortable coming out and seeking support. However, this does not necessarily mean that society as a whole is fully accepting or tolerant of transgender individuals. Discrimination and violence against transgender people still exist, and many transgender individuals continue to face significant challenges and barriers in various aspects of their lives. Most trans people are not satisfied with simple tolerance. Full acceptance is the goal.

So, to answer your question, i don't think this is a simple either-or answer. The rise in visibility and acceptance of the transgender community has most certainly led to more individuals feeling comfortable coming out, but societal intolerance and discrimination can likely still contribute to the high suicide rate among transgender individuals.
ChatGPT?
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Yeah, it looks like a ChatGPT answer.

Where is the bird to explain that?

Lol.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't understand the question. If you are asking if gender dysphoria is directly caused by genetics almost certainly not. Genetics change over the scale of tens of thousands of years minimum.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Is the development of the dysphoric mind relative to sexuality, evolutionary in terms of biological evolution or data evolution?
I've always thought it is part of nature's manufacturing defects, as many other birth human defects like deafness, blindness, down syndrome, dwarfism, etc. Nature commits mistakes all the time, something that we human beings should solve before the conception happens.

In Iceland, you won't see people with down syndrome because parents abort them once they realize the fetus has that defect. I wonder if we can do the same for the rest of defects.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4
No, it's just poor design.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
@FLRW
@ADreamOfLiberty
@ADreamOfLiberty

Well I agree with that.

So if gender dysphoria isn't a prenatally acquired biological condition, then it is a postnatally acquired/learned condition.

A social or cultural trend, in other words.

So not an inherent design flaw.....Just flawed thinking.

Perhaps it should be re-thought?

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Because society has become more tolerant over the past decade or so. I mean, back then, you would be spanked for being left-handed, and we have since abandoned such a harsh approach.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
Yeah, lets pretend that we are good now.

Less bad = good