what would happen if disney was no longer a gun free zone?

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 68
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
disney is a gun free zone. i assume there aren't a lot of murders there. yes, if it was no longer a gun free zone, maybe there would occasionally be successful self defense when attacks do occur. there's a far out chance someone will happen to have a gun to attack a mass shooter, if that ever happened. 

but what seems most likely? it seems most likely that impulsive people will occasionally murder others, when they otherwise wouldn't. the ability to just push a button and people die, makes a difference in whether or not people die sometimes, considering how impulsive people are. 

the bottom line. maybe letting teachers pack heat might have a good benefit, given teachers are generally morally upstanding. but in general, changing gun free zones to not gun free zones doesn't automatically sound like a slam dunk idea. i mean, often, like this disney example... it's a terrible idea. 

ive been debating a lot of you guys on impulsivity and gun use, and ya'll always whimper away and dont finish the debate, or follow your own thoughts to their logical conclusions. maybe those debating me, will stick around this time, and admit their ideas dont make sense, or be so far off base that it's obvious to everyone else that that's the case. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
Is it your contention there are no armed guards at Disney?
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Greyparrot
what do armed guards have to do with whether disney is a gun free zone? there can be armed guards and still not be a gun free zone. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
You claimed a person in authority with a gun makes it non- gun free.
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
It would sure make the tea cup ride more interesting 

Can I shoot back on the  pirates of the carribbean ride?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Terrorist attacks. It will not be a problem of if, but when. That is what is going to happen.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@n8nrgim
Many reasons why Disney has less murders while still being a gun free zone.

1. It's Disney, and their isn't really any motivation for anyone to kill anyone else in Disney.
2. It's full of people at all times, and is hard to kill anyone without getting caught.
3. Their is by far way more security than a downtown street in a city with strict gun laws or no gun laws. This unmotivates killers.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@n8nrgim
but what seems most likely? it seems most likely that impulsive people will occasionally murder others, when they otherwise wouldn't. the ability to just push a button and people die, makes a difference in whether or not people die sometimes, considering how impulsive people are. 
More guns = Less gun violence

That is the central idea behind every gun nut’s arguments, which is of course absurd on its face. That’s why they give up. The exception would be those those who give up entirely on the idea that gun rights are about safety, but by that point they’ve pretty much conceded the debate.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Maybe if Marxist leftoids were not hell bent on reducing police and security, then people would listen a  bit longer to the ban-nuts and trust them regarding violence, gun or no gun.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
dont you think this lesson about disney is applicable to many other areas too? that maybe having gun free zones is often, if not usually, a better situation to be in? 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
should sporting events lift their use of gun free zones?
should college campuses?
should walmart allow open carry? 
should government buildings?
should military bases?
should national parks allow open carry?

i dont see it as obvious that self defense will trump people impulsively killing others when they otherwise wouldn't 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
The lesson is to fund more security, not defund them.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
shouldn't the fact that disney has a lot of armed security mean that they should allow people to have guns? there's the idea that armed security can keep it safe even if guns aren't allowed... but there's also the supposed argument that citizens with guns make the place safer and those with guns are less likely to use them if their armed guards there. it's almost like gun nuts dont want to stick to courage to their convictions and say guns should be allowed at disney. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Greyparrot
u r arguing for armed security and not allowing guns at some places... why not having armed security and allowing guns at all these gun free zones? i mean we can't have metal detectors everywhere. why dont you guys have courage to your convictions and argue that everywhere without metal detectors should allow everyone to have guns? 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Greyparrot
i mean i admit that gun free zones are sometimes a gray area... but the idea that guns dont sometimes cause murder when it otherwise wouldn't wouldn't occur, is an idiotic idea. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
I am just saying, we liv in a diverse and violent society with warring tribes and a place where most people hate the country, want to radically transform it, and they hete their diverse neighboring tribes. If you want less guns, you better say you are for more security and armed police like Disney has.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Greyparrot
i dont think there's too many people who are against armed security. only a small segment of stupid people think that. you shouldn't try to pigeon hole everyone else or straw man everyone else who doesn't think that. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
Allowing guns on campus would not prevent mass shootings and would actually increase the risk of gun violence. Research indicates that this policy would likely lead to more gun homicides and suicides, more nonfatal shootings, and more threats with a firearm on college campuses.9

In fact, colleges and universities, which have traditionally prohibited guns on campus, are already relatively safe from gun violence. Among all violent crime against college students from 1995 through 2002, 93 percent of incidents took place off campus.10 According to Everytown for Gun Safety’s tracking of incidents of gunfire on school grounds, an average of 10 gun homicides occur on college campuses each year, while almost 20 million students attend colleges or universities.11

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@n8nrgim
dont you think this lesson about disney is applicable to many other areas too? that maybe having gun free zones is often, if not usually, a better situation to be in?
Not every single place is going to hold a big National popularity and going to be owned by different companies. 
Also, I think we can learn something. 

Maybe adding more security to more vulnerable places in our communities, that way the urge to go and shoot people is lessened.
The Tennessee shooter moved school locations, because the original targeted school had security. 

Why do we get security for our business buildings, and company buildings, and not schools? 
Why do elected officials get security, but not kids? 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Maybe if Marxist leftoids were not hell bent on reducing police and security, then people would listen a  bit longer to the ban-nuts and trust them regarding violence, gun or no gun.
More guns = Less gun violence is still just as stupid regardless of whatever the political left is arguing, no matter how badly you are caricaturing it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Pretty sure people have a legitimate concern that overall violence will go up with less security , guns, and armed police.

Ban-nuts don't seem to understand this. You can argue for more security and less guns, but many ban nuts seem to want less armed security.

Maybe most people do not want to be like New Yorkers that accept a high level of violence with low guns and low security. Crazy and violent people strut around New York and that is the norm for them.
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@Greyparrot
NYC is the safest large city in America and frequently in the top ten in the world
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vegasgiants
Then you had better work on your marketing as people are leaving the city citing it to be too expensive and too unsafe.

A total of 40% of respondents said New York is not a good place to raise children — including an alarming 61% of black respondents...
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
I am just saying, we liv in a diverse and violent society with warring tribes
Want to know who is most spreading most warring? Check in with Southern Law Poverty Center and find out some of the conservative, bigoted, racist violent espousing groups and just a hair under being catagorized as a terroist organisation in USA. Simple not complex to grasp, unless your ego is in alignment with these groups ideology

and a place where most people hate the country,

What specific country are you going on about?  More empty rehtoric from conservative right-wing of politics and immorality, tho the evangilecals give you and those like you a free ride to heaven irrespective of your immorality.  The bandof Crusaders --60 million voted for Trumpet---   are still with us.

want to radically transform it,
Transform it into the old west of 1800's. Yeah, that was a glorious time and the main differrence now is the fire power of weaponry available to every man, woman and child. The Crusaders want to arm them all in all places at all times.

So we got rid of Muturally Assured Destruction } M.A.D }  ---to some degree---, and now adding in N.U.Ts to the constitutional republic if they can get those 60 million votes

and they hete their diverse neighboring tribes.
The wild west put those tribes in concentration camp/land etc type of imprisonment. 

If you want less guns, you better say you are for more security and armed police like Disney has.
It is the  immoral band of Crusading Tribes who espouse N.U.Ts that is the primary problem in humanity.

They have not concept of reasonable ---logical, common sense critical thinking--- gun control or they have the concept of it and could care less ---ergo immoral--.

Humanity has an issues that most of our problems stem from and that is human overpopulation for the operating systems we have in place. that is the huge set of elephants in the room/world/Earth. Spirituallity of all-for-one and one-for-all is the best ---chance of least suffering-- going forward with humanities existence on Earth.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
 that is the huge set of elephants in the room/world/Earth.

Why do you think the GOP is the answer to it all?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do you think the GOP is the answer to it all?
Youve misunderstood my meaning. I corrected grammar for clarity. Sorry. GOP is closest to line #1 as follows below

1} It is the  immoral band of Crusading Tribes who espouse N.U.Ts that is the primary problem in humanity.

2} They have not concept of reasonable ---logical, common sense critical thinking--- gun control or they have the concept of it and could care less ---ergo immoral--.

3} Humanity has an issues that most of our problems stem from and that is human overpopulation for the operating systems we have in place, and that is the huge set of elephants in the room/world/Earth. Spirituality of all-for-one and one-for-all is the best ---chance of least suffering-- going forward with humanities existence on Earth.

Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@Greyparrot
Wow are they down to 8 million yet?  Lol
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
No gig work for SubTeach today.
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes everyone in hew York is a criminal.  Lol

Perfect logic.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Pretty sure people have a legitimate concern that overall violence will go up with less security , guns, and armed police.

Ban-nuts don't seem to understand this. You can argue for more security and less guns, but many ban nuts seem to want less armed security.
These are two completely separate issues.

Reducing violence by increasing guns is just plain stupid. That’s still the case regardless of one’s position on the police.

Almost no one is calling for less police except for the far left which the right loves to obsess over no matter how small a contingent of the left it is. NYC, one of the most liberal places in the country elected a pro-police police officer as its mayor.

I have never heard a debate over armed security so I have idea what you are referencing. I can only assume you’re talking armed security within our schools which is another conversation. Those people (to which I consider myself to be a part of) are not arguing that it’s inherently bad to have police officers in school, but more so attacking the idea that adding an armed police force to our schools is not the direction we should be going in. If we’re talking about school shootings the only way to prevent such needless death is to stop the shooters from getting their hands on the tools they need to commit it. I’m personally ok with more officers as part of the solution, but to put that forward while making guns easier to access is absurd.

Maybe most people do not want to be like New Yorkers that accept a high level of violence with low guns and low security. Crazy and violent people strut around New York and that is the norm for them.
This really is so stupid it’s ridiculous. NYC is one of the safest cities in the country, this narrative was completely invented by Fox News and the rest of the right wing propaganda echo chamber.