what would happen if disney was no longer a gun free zone?

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 68
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Thanks for confirming I didn't  say "shithole"
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
So that’s your issue, that I didn’t use your exact verbiage?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
How about addressing my original point instead of manufacturing one for a change?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
To which point are you referring? I’ve spent the past two posts addressing the point you decided to focus on.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
You're a New Yorker. I was hoping for a little more insight as to why Democrats in New York would answer a poll saying they want to leave due to both crime and living costs beyond the trite and hackneyed "Foxnewsbad" argument, which is not an argument to be taken seriously considering how few New York Democrats are likely to watch and believe Fox News.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
It doesn’t matter whether they watch Fox News, the fact that half the country is enveloped in this apocalyptic rampant crime narrative shapes the entire media landscape around this subject. John Oliver did a good bit on crime reporting a few weeks back, in part pointing out how every year as crime goes down people’s perception of crime  being a major problem goes up.

But again, if we look at actual statistics we find that NY is one of the safest big cities in the country, so I don’t know what other insight you could possibly think is more valuable than that.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
the fact that half the country is enveloped in this apocalyptic rampant crime narratives...
They didn't poll half the country, they polled New Yorkers. if you don't have any insights at to the results of the poll, that is fine, but identifying tangent narratives isn't addressing my point.

John Oliver did a good bit on crime reporting a few weeks back, in part pointing out how every year as crime goes down people’s perception of crime  being a major problem goes up.
So why is this the case? Why isn't this narrative landing with New Yorkers?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
if we look at actual statistics we find that NY is one of the safest big cities in the country
That doesn't actually say much if every "Big City" is experiencing crime above the level of an expected norm.

It's like enjoying 2 percent inflation for a decade and one month you get 5 percent inflation, and the next month you have 4.9 percent inflation. It's hard to sell 4.9% inflation as the new norm.