“Why do you care about crime rates?”

Author: thett3

Total: 22
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
In some recent threads on this forum people have asked in response to info about crime rates by race “why does it matter” or “what do you want people to do with this?” 

I’ll give an example that I think demonstrates why this info needs to be pressed into people’s minds again and again and again. The other day in New York City, a pregnant white woman was just off a twelve hour shift was harassed by a group of young black men who tried to steal a bike she had rented to get home. They claimed that THEY actually were the one who rented the bike and she was trying to steal from them. They threatened her, touched her stomach, insulted her baby, and posted the whole thing online. She was the one who got doxxed, received countless death threats, had her name and face plastered across the world from several news outlets including NBC, and was put on leave from her job. Turns out she had the receipts! They were the ones trying to steal from her, as anyone with half a brain would’ve automatically known. 

People’s mental heuristics are so off due to decades anti white propaganda and decades of this sort of information being suppressed that the majority see a video like that and think “yep, definitely likely that a pregnant white woman who just got off a twelve hour shift would pick a fight with multiple black men.” Those of us who understand reality immediately knew the story as presented was bullshit. How often do white women commit crimes against black men? How often do pregnant women commit crimes? How about white NYC healthcare workers, are they a particularly criminal population?  The number of crimes committed by pregnant white women against black men probably number less than ten a year. 

This isn’t an isolated incident either. In fact most of these “Karen” videos are debunked upon further investigation but the damage is already done. The demand for white supremacist oppression outstrips the supply so greatly in America that an out of context video where you don’t show the appropriate deference to our societies socially privileged groups can end in the destruction of everything you’ve ever worked for. 

The disgusting and extremely creepy narrative about “white women tears” being a threat to black men is actively harmful to women who are socially punished for standing up for themselves if the men harassing them are the wrong color. The reality of who is a threat to who is the exact opposite: due to vastly different rates of crime between men and women and interracial crime between whites and blacks there are large swaths of this country where white women are the ones who can not safely walk. As an aside, in almost all of those places the housing, food, medical care, and education for the citizens living there are all paid for by white peoples tax dollars.

This is why information about crime rates matters. Because it’s true and it helps people better navigate the world. Were it more widely known perhaps fewer innocent people would be punished for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
I dont care about crime rates. I dont even know why you ask me that.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
What I do care about is going to heaven. Lets face it, if I am promised to be an angel after I die, its not like you can screw that up for me.

You murder me? That just means I go to heaven immediatelly.
Vegasgiants
Debates: 4
Vegasgiants
-->
@thett3
What is your solution?
thett3
thett3
-->
@Vegasgiants
1) That people stop spreading malicious and false narratives about white people that demonize us, and are socially shamed when they do. 

2) That libel laws are reformed. People with large platforms let alone national news platforms should not be free to spread malicious and unfounded slander against private citizens. 

3) That labor laws are reformed to protect workers from arbitrary firings like this. Your boss shouldn’t be allowed to regulate your behavior off the job. 

4) That crime and disorder generally is more harshly punished. What likely happened here is that these teenagers were running a common scam which involves a group of males claiming that the victim is stealing the rented bike they paid for. By using physical intimidation they extort money from the victims to make them go away 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@thett3
1) destroy free speech 

2) destroy free speech

3) destroy free enterprise 

4)  jack up taxes for everyone to pay to put everyone in jail

No thanks
thett3
thett3
-->
@Vegasgiants
Laws against libel and slander are not violations of freedom of speech and never have been. Are you opposed to libel and slander being torts? 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@thett3
We already have those laws.  She is free to sue them

thett3
thett3
-->
@Vegasgiants

4)  jack up taxes for everyone to pay to put everyone in jail
Lmao I missed this one somehow. If you think that we should permit ordinary working people to be harassed, intimidated, and victimized when they’re just trying to go about there day there isn’t a point in continuing this conversation 

Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@thett3
Jails are not free.  If you want to vastly increase the prison population just admit you have to pay for it
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
The other day you were caring about communism.

Had you forgotten?

Surely there is a link between crime rates, and an imperfect society.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
I still care about Communism, since there is proof that God's kingdom is basically Communism.

But I dont care that much about crime rates. I cant really affect it other than with sending prayers.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Best.Korea
You can affect crime rates by committing crimes.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Savant
Well, true.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@thett3
Well said and great points put forth. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
We already have those laws.
Cite them!!! 

Never mind. We know you can’t and won’t. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
The terms "Gods Kingdom" and "Communism" are blatantly contradictory.

I also note that you have shifted your position from "I don't care" to a position of "I don't care that much".

And unless you vocalise your prayers, they will only occur internally  as temporary bursts of internal electro chemical activity.

And if someone else should happen to pick up any relative sound waves, then they will process them in much the same fashion.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
And unless you vocalise your prayers, they will only occur internally  as temporary bursts of internal electro chemical activity.
No, God hears my prayers.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Nope.

That is an assumption, based upon internal electro-chemical activity relative to a previously acquired notion of a GOD.
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
-->
@Vegasgiants
If you want to vastly increase the prison population just admit you have to pay for it
Wtf are you on about.

Vastly increase?

You think there are lots of people going around with this bike scam that attempts to scare money out of people? How the hell is that going to "put everyone in jail?"

Massive L take.
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
-->
@thett3
Based OP and thread comments.

I'm a pretty disagreeable person and I literally can't find anything to disagree with lol.
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@Kaitlyn
Look who's still here!.  Lol. Tick tok