Legibility Category under voting is inaccurate - needs to be changed

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 7
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
The legibility category under voting for debates in an inaccurate term which causes confusion. 

That category should be "Spelling & Grammar."

It's clear whoever used "legibility" for this rating criteria clearly doesn't understand what "legibility" means (in an online/printed environment).

Since the "In-Depth Voting Guide" specifically uses "Spelling & Grammar," so should the voting criteria category it relates to, and not legibility. 

Legibility is an informal measure of how easy it is to distinguish one letter from another in a particular typeface. 

What is Legibility? Legibility pertains to the quality of the text, in particular, how clear the text appears to the reader. It’s about how easily a reader can recognize, distinguish and read individual characters in the text. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I second the idea of either returning to Spelling and Grammar or changing to Readability. I think the voting standards are clear about when this point can be awarded, but any lack of clarity in the terminology used here should be rectified.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
If readability is to be chosen, then the voting guide need to be updated to clearly outline how a participant produces their arguments vs just mere spelling & grammar. 

Meaning, a giant blob of text vs separate paragraphs, proper " " quotations, bolding for emphasis, italics for emphasis or other legit reasoning (like citing a legal case), correctly using the hyperlink for citations vs a long line of URL text, etc. 

Clarity in the rules will make voting requirements and executing votes much easier. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 266
Best.Korea
I mean, how hard is to google "legibility definition"?
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@DebateArt.com
This post might be a discussion to have with our site owner, Mike.
Average_Person
Debates: 20
Average_Person
I think the to-be term for legibility should also include some requirements of readability (e.g. an entire debate shouldn't just be one 5000 character paragraph)
Bella3sp
Debates: 52
Bella3sp
My only problem with it is one or two typos =  -legibility point

I don't think structure should be factored in. People do it differently sometimes and if three people vote for their 'better structure' that's already worth an argument point. This is especially regarding new users, how are they supposed to know that?