Morality in of Itself.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 252
Tarik
Debates: 1
Tarik
-->
@Critical-Tim
As proven by my existence, some may accept subjective value as meaningful or worthwhile, while acknowledging an absence of intrinsic value.
Well the question as to why still remains, and there’s no way to answer it without pointing to some objective source which is the complete opposite of what nihilism is.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Everything is actually subjective.

Objectivity is always an assumption.

Like nihilism.

And  like morality.

We exist in an internally simulated World and can only assume that what we conclude from sensory input is a true representation of an external reality.

Critical-Tim
Debates: 3
Critical-Tim
-->
@Tarik
@zedvictor4
Precisely, objectivity is an assumption and everything we know is known because we experienced it, which makes it subjective.
Moreover, if we were to assume objectivity was defined as the seeming consistency throughout collective subjectivity, we would still find value and meaning are subjective.
No matter the angle chosen to perceive, meaning, value, and morality are all subjective.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Critical-Tim
Moreover, if we were to assume objectivity was defined as the seeming consistency throughout collective subjectivity, we would still find value and meaning are subjective.
Why would we assume that?
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Tarik
I had a previous discussion with "Athias" where we proved that objectivity is vague, useless, and unprovable. We decided if the word objectivity was to have a useful definition it would be "the consistency throughout collective subjectivity," since subjectivity is all that can be known or rational to assume. Regardless of whether we use our personal understanding or the formal definition, meaning, value, and morality remain subjective.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Critical-Tim
I had a previous discussion with "Athias" where we proved that objectivity is vague, useless, and unprovable.
Can’t help but notice your cognitive dissonance here because proof is a classic example of objectivity.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Tarik
Would you care to share how I demonstrate cognitive dissonance, or just claim it?
Your comment doesn't make sense to me. Especially with all the compiled evidence and definitions I have only recently laid out.
I only see how the dispute has been concluded rationally and indisputable as it was founded upon definitions, which are by definition indisputable.
With that said, it is impossible to object to the conclusion with rationality.

Do you not accept the definitions of objectivity and subjectivity, along with the definitive evidence I recently provided?
What basis is your objection founded and what causes you to remain in disposition of the conclusion with all that has been laid before you?

Of course, if it is a religious dispute I understand (if so, you might consider posting in the religious forums), but if you believe you remain rationally objected then I am truly baffled.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Critical-Tim
Would you care to share how I demonstrate cognitive dissonance, or just claim it?
I didn’t just claim it, I literally said what an example of objectivity was.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Tarik
I just created a forum where we can focus on understanding Objective and Subjective at a philosopher's depth.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Critical-Tim

Is the fruit an orange or a lemon...It might take me less than a second to process the incoming data, decide and produce a verifiable answer.

But process it I must.

I must process it, but.

Such is cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance is such.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@zedvictor4
If you too see the issue with my stance that I couldn't see when Tarik disputed, then please explain so that I might then understand.
I believe I understood your analogy, but I don't see the correlation you are trying to draw.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@zedvictor4
I seek to resolve all and any of my logical flaws, hence my willingness of public exposure and vulnerability to critical disputes.

"A man's worth is determined by how much truth he can tolerate." - Friedrich Nietzsche