Suggestions for new discussion formats or website sections

Author: DebateArt.com

Total: 44
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@thett3
Hey, thanks a lot! I am sorry that we don't yet have any fancy benefits for the Patreons but we'll have something rather soon :)
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@DebateArt.com
There's probably a big link somewhere that I've missed but can you send me the patreon link? I didn't even know it existed
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Lunatic
Sure, check out the website's footer :) It's that block on the bottom of every page, there is a button there that takes you to the page that explains the whys and hows
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@DebateArt.com
Gotcha, thanks for the heads up!
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@DebateArt.com
Perhaps eventually having seasonal tournaments. That would be better when there are more committed debaters on the site. I know that a Hangout tourney was being talked about on DDO before it internally combusted. Something like that would be interesting.

Perhaps some mafia functionality on the site similar to Epicmafia or other mafia sites. 

I don't know how, but I think getting more people on the Hangouts could be good as well.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@blamonkey
Now that's interesting. Tournaments sounds like a good idea, I will do my research and if we decide to go for it, I will create a new topic for it :)

Also special handling for rap battles and mafia is also a good idea, I will definitely do something in that direction.

Not sure how to help with the hangouts though :(

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@DebateArt.com
That's okay; I have no idea how to help with the hangouts either. I just thought I would put it out there. 

Thanks for being active with the user base! The biggest issue with DDO was the inactivity of Juggle to combat the tide of spam that destroyed the site. I already feel more represented by this site.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Then go beg someone else for ideas. Thanks and bye? 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@blamonkey
Yeah, hangouts is a tough one but at least we could make it official and put a link to it somewhere in a more visible place. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
I apologize, I didn't realize it sounded rude. I really appreciate your help, don't get me wrong, you suggested some of the best ideas we've had.

What I meant is that we simply don't need any more mods at the moment, since the user base is not that big so it's manageable and the process of assigning and removing mods is not up to me anymore, when or if we have to go through this again, it will be a community's decision, at least to the feasible extent. And also, as I suggested somewhere else, if you have some good ideas, you can just create another topic for them and discuss them with the mods (if it somehow depends on them) and the people here and if most people like it, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be implemented. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Yeah so go ask bsh1 or virtuoso to use their brains for once and give you ideas. Maybe ask them to sit back relax and get popcorn as people tear at each other emotionally and the socially outcasted one is left crying unable to fight back as that is a ban if he does.

Do you know what happened to ethang? Do you know the history?

You will find more of us, outcasted brave warriors who won't take shit from the others. Don't expect us all to go down easy. Fuck your moderation and fuck you too. I like your website but I hate you and the mods, end of discussion.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@DebateArt.com
I have only done one debate what I found that sucks is waiting for the response to what you say so you can make the next point. You loose all momentum. Some kind of speed debating would be cool if that is what is being talked about which is why I though teams might be nice since you have more people being able to respond and keeping the flow going. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Yeah, this idea has popped up a few times, we should definitely have both, the team debates and the fast ones, they may be a niche thing but I don't see why not.