Bible's predictions were right - Bible is a supernatural book

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 13
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
When we talk about the predictions Bible made 2000 years ago, we have to understand that 2000 years ago no human could have known anything about things that Bible predicted. No human could have predicted things so accuratelly as the Bible has.

Some of Bible's predictions include:

1) invention of cloning and surgeries

Bible describes cloning and surgery in Genesis 2.

"And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam"

"and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof"

"And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman"

This is basically how surgeries and cloning are done. In order to clone, you need some part of the person you are cloning. However, no one could have known this 2000 years ago.

2) invention of AI

Now, if you think that an accurate description of surgery and cloning isnt enough, how about the accurate description of what is an AI?

"saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

Now, obviously, this verse talks about an image that can speak, detect, think, and be like it has life. No one 2000 years ago could have known what is that about.
Today we know that AI mostly fits such description. AI is an "image" that speaks, detects, thinks, and acts like it has life and sentience.

3) government will control all trade, people will get chip implants

This verse literally describes chip implants in humans:

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name"

4) It will be discovered that Earth floats in space

Obviously, 2000 years ago, no one knew for sure if Earth is located on top of something or just floating.

Bible made a claim over 2000 years ago that Earth floats in space:

"He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing."

5) Christianity will be made known to the entire world

Jesus made a prediction that Christianity will be made known to the entire world until the end. He did this at the time when he had less than a hundred true followers.

"And this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come."

6) Christianity will decline and people will engage in mass adultery and luxury

In the same way that Bible predicted the rise of Christianity, Bible also predicted its final and total decline, and that people will return to mass adultery, immorality and luxury.

"It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation."

"She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. The name written on her forehead was a mystery:
babylon the great
the mother of prostitutes
and of the abominations of the earth."

Clearly, we can see that sexual immorality has greatly increased in the world.
Christianity is in great decline, where young people are becoming increasingly non-religious after so many centuries of Christian dominance.

With so many Bible's predictions coming true, one can only assume that Bible is indeed special in some way.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Christianity is declining because children are growing up smarter. Compared with older generations, the world’s young people remain hopeful, much more globally minded, and determined to make the world a better place. Today’s young people have concerns for the future but see themselves as part of the solution.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@FLRW
Spirituality is on the rise. Just because people are turning away from religion doesn't mean they're turning toward materialism.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
The Bible is wrong and has been wrong time and time again. 
Just ask Jonestown and Heaven's Gate cultists. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Savant
Materialism is the new spirituality.

In fact, materialism has been the spirituality of the masses for quite a long time.

Spirituality comes in the palm of the hand.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Take a thousand pages or more of folktales myth and gobbledygook.

Reinterpret,

And,

Make post dated predictions.

DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@FLRW
I assume Christianity is dying because kids are getting groomed against it.  Most kids are public schooled and the public school system is not Christian friendly, especially today.  

Another reason is that human kind becomes more degenerate.  Surprisingly, the Bible predicts this too:
2 Timothy 3:13 "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."

In fact this whole chapter really calls out our day and time.  

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@DavidAZ
Evil men and seducers.
Could just as easily mean priests and zealots  seducing and perverting the minds of children with unnecessary religious ideology.

Not teaching religious non-sense isn't grooming.....In fact it's quite the opposite.....It's not-grooming and seducing the minds of children.

Do you think that a Madrasa Schools approach to scriptural learning is mind healthy?

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Wow, priests are going to have a lot fewer children to molest!
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@zedvictor4
@FLRW
Touche!  I will agree that church schools are also grooming children to what they believe.  I also do not think every religion is healthy.  

My only point here is that Christianity is on the decline, per FLRW, not because children are "getting smarter".  It's because they are taught against it.  Children don't believe anything for themselves until they become about 16, when they get their own ideas and start to become independent.  So pop them in a classroom where the Bible is shunned and the idea of God is a joke and the alternative to creation is taught, it would make sense that children grow up to think that God doesn't exist.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@DavidAZ
From my British experiences.

I would suggest that Christianity is the victim of "Western" social evolution.

As are other religions, including Islam to a lesser degree.

I don't think that children are taught against it.

I just think that there is a growing  awareness that 2000 year old social ideology is no longer applicable in 21st century society 

Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
I just think that there is a growing  awareness that 2000 year old social ideology is no longer applicable in 21st century society
Thats a logical fallacy. Truth does not have an expiration date. However, modern society is committing crimes against God, so yes, God will destroy them as he did those before them. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Truth does not have an expiration data.
But maybe the transfer of misinformation does.

And I suppose that something can be both logical and fallacious.

Though as a compound term "logical fallacy" seems something of a contradiction.

And crimes against GOD.....Maybe.

But firstly prove your GOD.

And then prove that it is offended by what it should inevitably expect from an evolving sentient species of it's own making.

IT being Mr Omni and all that.

Now that is an illogical fallacy.

Your omni-GOD knows everything and therefore you expect that it expects that we know everything.

I would suggest that we were not created with all knowledge. 

But are evolving with evolving knowledge.

And therefore a reasonable omni-GOD would be both appreciative and understanding of the human condition.

Rather than Mr stroppy throwing a tantrum all the time.

I expect that your GOD actually has a right laugh at all the human derived penis vagina hang ups that we are currently experiencing.

Not that your GOD and it's book weren't made up by a bunch of blokes a couple of thousand years ago.