If anybody cared what I think, take a look. If not, stop reading what I think.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 55
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
@Sir Lancelot
I was referring to Imabench btw but the reason you don't know that is that Bench changed a lot between DDO and DART and other than some beef with ethang he wasn't his usual vicious self here. It was him who made TWS (The Weekly Stupid not the user, lol). I didn't want this to be about him and he and I have had very severe beef because he decided to take it to social media level.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Nyxified
Again, if you'd like to do a debate on if trans women are women, I'd welcome the opportunity.
Very little in this universe could be more pointless than pretending you can debate a definition.

Two people either accept a common definition or they don't. If they don't and refuse to find another word for the same concept, they don't communicate that concept.

The End.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You were doing well, RM. Back to write another million words. Honestly sorry to see it man. 
Who was it who wanted people to attack the person instead of arguments banned?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Nyxified
I am not entirely sure what your point is here but I agree Wylted is irresponsible and it's beyond trolling what he does, he literally mishandled this whole fiasco to the point the website is in turmoil over what would be a strong way for him to have flexed his abilities as President by behind-the-scenes compromise and giving a united front.

I am personally against transgender surgery, I support hormones for fully grown adults (exculsively, not teenagers below 18 or worse, preteens) if they feel they need that to be happy. I am not sure why that topic is involved here but it would be unwise and pointless for me to take your side on this.

I am gendering Wylted as he/him because it has not been clarified to me concretely what Wylted identifies as (but I know Wylted went by he/him for over 95% of his time here other than a 'tulpa' personality which I'm not certain is even real) and I know Wylted is anti-trans.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Nyxified
 I probably wouldn't even be that good. You wouldn't be either.
You are incorrect here but nothing will prove that as I cannot go back in time.

As for Wylted's replies to this thread, it highlights how seriously to take him as anything, president of the site or user.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I agree with you. Debating a definition is an exercise in futility. Language is based agreement that a certain word means a certain thing, so there is no way to have an objectively correct answer.

Nonetheless, some definitions are more reasonable/useful than others in the context of how they are typically used and in relation to other words (or the lack thereof in cases where it might be the only word that can aptly describe something).

In any case where somebody sees something I say as being ' a bs rationalization(s)', I'd like to see them show me in a formal debate exactly where I went wrong. Not that I'd expect to win any debate where I'm arguing for trans people given the bias of the website.
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@RationalMadman
Wylted said:
Somebody that strives to save up money to cut off their dick is saying I make poor decisions. Wow
TWS follows up with:
And have you seen the debate with him and another on the whole gender vs sex argument? Wow! Just wow! The level of delusional rationalization put forth in order to justify transgenderism is just dumbfounding. 
That is why the topic of if trans women are women came up.

You'd be better than Wylted because anyone would be better than Wylted.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Nyxified
I agree to what you just said, I also don't care for the immature nastiness here. Everyone is eating at each other, biting each other's ankles if knocked to the floor it's like a savage pit of starving headlice (they cannibalise when starving).

I am also fascinated that Wylted can't wrap his head around the idea I was keeping up with the website, not specifically Wylted. The replies here are part of the problem, nobody sane and mature is going to stick around. Badger realising it but being part of the immaturity and toxicity is the height of hypocrisy and irony, I haven't seen more of a hypocrite on here than Badger in that sense.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@RationalMadman
A few of us have been joining the Modern-Day Debate Discord. It's way more active than DART, and I think you would do well there.

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Nyxified
In any case where somebody sees something I say as being ' a bs rationalization(s)', I'd like to see them show me in a formal debate exactly where I went wrong. Not that I'd expect to win any debate where I'm arguing for trans people given the bias of the website.
I'll vote on the debate to mitigate the potentiality for vote corruption.

If you make it Judges' Decision,
Me, Savant, and Slainte can all agree to judge. It's unclear what their biases are and their personal feelings on the subject, but I know that they will vote objectively.
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
I thank you for the offer! I'll keep it in mind.
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@RationalMadman
In hindsight, I am probably being unreasonably aggressive towards you (whether or not your comment regarding nastiness is referring to me or others [Don't know if it is. Doesn't matter either way]).

When people are being aggressive to you, you have to show a certain amount of aggression back (even if that just be defending your positions) if you're going to respond at all. If that happens frequently, it's easy to then fall into a groove of being aggressive in all of your responses to anyone.

I should be more mindful about being courteous even if I find someone to be disagreeable.

A site like this is going to skew towards the aggression and toxicity of its worst users. I struggle to see how any site like this could avoid that pitfall.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Nyxified
Wylted said:

TWS follows up with:
Quoting out of context fallacy. That is not what I followed up with. That was an afterthought, hence the And have  you seen…”

Also (another afterthought), the definition of a word CAN be debated, as it would all boil down to context. Every word has a different meaning, and any given meaning is premised upon the context in which it is give.  

Woman can be precisely defined that will never ever equal or be remotely compatible with trans woman. Man can be precisely defined that will never ever equal or be remotely compatible with trans man. 

Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@TWS1405_2
"Quoting out of context fallacy"? You can't just add fallacy onto anything lmao

What I quoted of yours was an afterthought, yeah... It's the afterthought that led to my initial response to you and thus the subsequent messages? I don't know what else you expect when trying to clarify for RMM what has led to our chain of responses.

I'll be sure to include all 15 paragraphs next time.

Are we debating or not?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Nyxified
When it’s a fallacy, it’s a fallacy.
Since you admit it was in fact an after thought, then it was NOT in direct reply to what Wylted said (that you quoted) Taking a statement out of the proper context in which it was given, stating it was in (direct) reply to another, IS quoting out of context; hence the fallacy. 

The rest of your drivel is just that, not worth commenting on further. 

Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@TWS1405_2
Not all context is necessary, but I'll try to avoid the 'quoting out of context fallacy' next time around.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Nyxified
Context is always necessary, especially at a debate/discussion platform website - it tells you, the receiver, what importance to place on something, what assumptions to draw (or not) about what is being communicated, and most importantly, it puts meaning into the message.”

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Nyxified
Quoting out of context fallacy.
LOL.

Stick fallacy on the end of anything,

And Bob's your uncle.

This was a Bob's your uncle fallacy.

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Nyxified
Aintnoway the antisemite wants to talk about Nazi Germany.

Is it Satan or the Nazis? Your conspiracies should at least show some consistency
I would give you the evidence but you would accuse me of Cherry picking the evidence. So I told you where to look for the evidence. I can lead a faggot to water but I can't force them to drink it
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I knew this guy was still stalking me and me making a post that mentions him 3 months after he left would get him back here. 

You are welcome Dart. I brought your savior back
Did you say his name three times?

Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@zedvictor4
bro you gotta avoid the bobs your uncle fallacy

never be caught dead committing the bobs your uncle fallacy
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Lead a gay to the sewers and get confused when they suddenly aren't thirsty anymore

silly lgbtq's not being grateful
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Nyxified
I don't have any investment in whether you believe it or not. Just like a guy bringing a horse to water. It is then on the horse whether he drinks or dies. 

If you can let the fact you can't cut it as a man cause you to get distracted by emotional responses to words, than perhaps it is better you fall for the Nazi psy-op anyway
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I am a pretty terrible man tbh. I'm also a pretty terrible astronaut and neurosurgeon.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Nyxified
Sound advice.