The OG Exodus and my final thoughts

Author: PREZ-HILTON

Total: 9
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
The following users have left or are in the process of leaving

Rational madman- has returned to explain that he is leaving.

Badger- is leaving

Wylted- Is leaving

Thett- I talked to them and they are permanently gone after the refusal to ban TWS and Roosevelt

Danielle has told me in a PM she will not be returning for the same reason.

Coal- promised to not come back to this shitholes

Ilikepie- is done with the site at my command

Many other users are being aggressive about pulling back their usage of the site including whiteflame, Ragnar, David,and many others. 

The OG Exodus is happening because of the refusal of the site to get rid of toxic members like TWS and Roosevelt. I can also tell you from being in the mod PM that the only active current mod is oromagi. For the last month the chat is mostly dead outside of my occasional reminder to whiteflame that he is Jewish.

The site is done. Maybe stage yourselves in the official and unofficial discord channel to somebody creates a replacement site that is more aggressive about making the site focus more on debate and less on red team blue team bullshit. 

I did make my login credentials public so any more posts from this account won't be mine, but here is a no bullshit way to fix this site

Ban trolls who can't debate. Not the trolls who can debate. The fact people are even sharing their true opinions so much in these threads is a problem. They should be debating stuff they have fun debating, not attempting to spread their stupid beliefs. 

Just like the people listed. I am gone. No more posts and I will disappear into the ether. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Do you think that you are important?
rbelivb
Debates: 1
rbelivb
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Everyone on this list should stay on the site instead of leaving. You’re here forever, no leaving allowed!
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Sounds about right - when the debate part of debateart.com sucks, there's just nothing left to stay for. There's no one left who's remotely good or willing to debate. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
Those users are mostly irrelevant.

Site is more active than ever.

This is a debate site. You cant expect everyone to handle debates well. 

For example, Coal often used insults and degradations in arguments, and then cried when same was done to him.

So yes, this site is not for vaginas who cant handle a different opinion.

The entire point of a debate site is for people to be able to handle other people's opinions. Anyone who cant do that will leave the debate site after losing a couple of debates. Nothing we can do about it. Banning someone wont make anyone stay on the site for longer, as anyone who cant handle a different opinion will leave the site after continiously losing debates, with or without insults being used in those debates.
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
I've got no idea how popular my take on the OG Exodus will be, but someone might find it useful:

1) You guys need to stop living in the past. Yes, it would be nice if these OG DDOers would hang around, but the site doesn't need them. DDO built itself with brand new talent and it didn't need anyone from a previous debate website in order to exist. Dart can do the same.

It's also funny that the OG DDOers you're talking about aren't even from the OG DDO. People like Kleptin, Contradiction, J.Kenyon etc. aren't even mentioned anymore, despite being BIG OGers at one time, and that says something: you don't need to hold onto the good past in order to have a good future.

2) The people who actually have time for debate are teenagers/college students. Adults with full-time jobs and/or kids aren't going to find much time for this site. I remember ConservativePolitico putting it pretty clearly: 'when you have a job, you realize that this debate stuff doesn't matter that much'. If Dart wants to reignite the debate section, it needs more kids/young adults. 

3) TWS and Roosevelt live in your heads rent-free and it baffles me. Neither TWS nor Roosevelt spam the threads Let's actually do something (debateart.com) .

When I see Roosevelt's garbage, effortless, rage-bait threads, I just ignore or troll them. When he says that I'm a Trump supporter, or when he says I'm not allowed to be in intellectual discussions because I'm a woman, or when he talks about the size of my butt, I either troll him or ignore him. It really doesn't matter that much. I don't need to cry all over the forums saying how sexist he is. I don't need to mass report his content to try to get him banned. I've got better things to do with my life.

For those OGs who remember, it's just like GWL-CPA. He baited the living daylights out of everyone with his comments. He made people quite upset and angry. He also refused to debate people. He brought DDO to a standstill by talking some bs on the internet, and even Airmax had to address the situation because so many people were malding -- hilarious and pathetic. It's happened again here. I guess these OGs didn't learn.

TWS actually produces some quality threads that are detailed (like this one: Birthright Citizenship does not apply to illegals - 14th grossly misinterpreted by the left/Dems (debateart.com) ). Yes, some of his can be terse and link spam, but not all of them are. Like in irl, his opinions on race are controversial and will make people upset (I'm saying this as a race realist, too), but it's a debate site wherein the whole point of coming here is to have debates/conversations you can't irl.

4) YOU play a big role in the experience you have on this site. If you're looking for a quality debate, set up a quality debate invitation. If you're looking for interesting threads, make one. I'm currently having the best time I can remember on any debate website responding to Critical Tim's posts on my anti-natalism thread. It doesn't matter that badger is crying about TWS, or that Roosevelt is teasing GreyParrot again. I'm engaging in the content that I want to and ignoring rubbish that I don't think is worth my time.

Post good stuff and they will come.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Thett- I talked to them and they are permanently gone after the refusal to ban TWS and Roosevelt
This isn’t true lol. Nobody talked to me. I don’t get a whole lot of enjoyment out of this site and don’t have too much free time anymore so I don’t post that often but I probably won’t leave for the foreseeable future because there’s no reason to. It’s almost no investment to skim for interesting topics occasionally and make a post every few weeks 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I agree with Kaitlyn and Thett 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@thett3
This isn’t true lol. Nobody talked to me
Reagan said to never punch right.