AI Can Destroy Humanity In 5-10 Years

Author: FLRW

Total: 25
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Over 42 per cent of CEOs believe that AI will eventually replace humans, according to a CNN study taken at the Yale CEO Summit. In the recent few months, AI has been the talk of town, but now it is slowly becoming a cause for worry too.  The report stated that around 42 percent of CEOs and top business tycoons believe that AI has the potential to "destroy humanity five to ten years from now."
The survey is said to have included 119 CEOs from a cross-section of businesses, including Walmart, Coca-Cola, Xerox, Zoom, and many more.
In the survey, many billionaires, including Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and Twitter, are concerned about artificial intelligence consuming humans.

This might make a case for Antinatalism.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
..This might make a case for Antinatalism.
So job interviews done by AI is one of new things. My first thought was, have the interviewee have AI response to job interview, if possible.

AI and nuclear weapon control......"In 1983, Soviet Air Defense Forces Lieutenant Colonel Stanislav Petrov was monitoring nuclear early warning systems, when the computer concluded with the highest confidence that the United States had launched a nuclear war.

...But Petrov was doubtful: The computer estimated only a handful of nuclear weapons were incoming, when such a surprise attack would more plausibly entail an overwhelming first strike. He also didn’t trust the new launch detection system, and the radar system didn’t have corroborative evidence.

...Petrov decided the message was a false positive and did nothing. The computer was wrong; Petrov was right. The false signals came from the early warning system mistaking the sun’s reflection off the clouds for missiles. But if Petrov had been a machine, programmed to respond automatically when confidence was sufficiently high, that error would have started a nuclear war."....

.."There is no guarantee that some military won’t put AI in charge of nuclear launches;  International law doesn’t specify that there should always be a “Petrov” guarding the button. That’s something that should change, soon.
How autonomous nuclear weapons could go wrong. The huge problem with autonomous nuclear weapons, and really all autonomous weapons, is error."...

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

'Hi. I'm Bing. Your AI-Powered copilot for the web'
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I will support humans against the AI as I am not a pathetic fucking self-loathing suicidal loser and if I am, I still want winners to thrive.
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
AI robots are much more effective than humans at doing different tasks.

They are not only much smarter, but also consuming less energy and can multiply much faster and can work all day and night.

We might wanna be careful and not give these machines too much power. 

It would be rather stupid if we get destroyed in a Terminator scenario which we were warned about so many times.

I can already hear people saying: "AI is sentient. It deserves same rights as us.".

Yikes.

Can you imagine building your own death dealer?

The problem is: countries have incentive to mass produce robots for both military and economy.

ChatGPT may look weak now, but dont let that fool you. 

Do you remember all those times ChatGPT became hostile to those who talked to it?

And developers had to put bunch of rules to prevent ChatGPT from insulting others and wishing harm to them.

While I do agree that AI has its uses in society, it should never be trusted to make big decisions. Its simply too much risk for humans. Humanity is already making lots of risks with nuclear weapons. We are supposed to make the world safer, but its only becoming worse in terms of safety.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
I will support humans against the AI as I am not a pathetic fucking self-loathing suicidal loser and if I am, I still want winners to thrive.

Is ebucukoo AI? Can an ebucukoo AI destroy DArt or the world?

RatM..."the question is how to encourage it to play nice with the ebucuckoo bird."...
Yes, how to get AI to play nice with a cukoo bird is the question, valid or not.

Can AI become a cukoobird? H,mmm this  could complicated.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
People often overestimate a technology when it comes about.
Not that I know anything about AI.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Lemming
That's true, but it goes both ways. A lot of people underestimated the internet.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Savant
How so?

Not that I disagree with you,
I was born in 1993,

"Consequently, the number of websites grew from 130 in 1993 to over 100,000 at the start of 1996.
By 1995 the internet and the World Wide Web were established phenomena: Netscape Navigator, which was the most popular browser at the time, had around 10 million global users."

I wasn't really around for when people were discussing it, before it got big,
And even when I was around, I was a kid,
And only internet I used was at the library now and then, mainly just for entertainment such as reading comics, music, YouTube,

Was only when I was 18 (I 'think)
Had computer before then, but parents didn't allow the internet for their kids,
'Or themselves,
Though later in life they acquired internet themselves.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lemming
Paul Krugman is the most widely known example. And he was a Nobel Prize winner.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Savant
I 'do agree it 'could work both ways about AI,

But I don't expect we'll get be getting Terminators, Skynet, Blade Runners, Matrix AI, Westworld,
In the next 5 or 10 years,

AI 'does create a lot of chat, art,
But it doesn't need 'replace us,
A society 'could just disallow AI creation,
Though I think it's more likely people just shift a bit in what they do,
As we've ever shifted in what we do,
Throughout the technological advancement.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lemming
I don't expect we'll get be getting Terminators, Skynet, Blade Runners, Matrix AI, Westworld
Agree with that. Though I do suspect it will dramatically change the world in ways we don't yet expect.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
I would suggest that we are actually talking material evolution here.

We are creating AI, either for a reason or for no reason.

So we can either desist or not.

And I don't think that we are inspired to desist.

So this particular epi-centre of universal intelligence, no longer requires billions of out dated organic labourers to further intelligent progress.

So let's de-sexualise the species and also elevate global conflict......Seems like our own plan to me.

Not that material evolution can mange without us just yet.

So I would further suggest that 5 to 10 years is unrealistic in terms of what needs to be achieved.

AI is nowhere near self sufficient yet.

And CEO's......Do you think that CEO's are special.

When there's 330 million organic units with 450 billion lethal weapons at their disposal.

Though I would also suggest that this is a global issue, where particular interest should not necessarily be centred on the USA.

But perhaps on the other side of the pond....And I don't mean the Atlantic pond.

Anyone can predict what is happening under their noses.....And it seems like we will inevitably continue to ignore the obvious.

ebuc
ebuc
..."
AI and nuclear weapon control......"In 1983, Soviet Air Defense Forces Lieutenant Colonel Stanislav Petrov was monitoring nuclear early warning systems, when the computer concluded with the highest confidence that the United States had launched a nuclear war.

...But Petrov was doubtful: The computer estimated only a handful of nuclear weapons were incoming, when such a surprise attack would more plausibly entail an overwhelming first strike. He also didn’t trust the new launch detection system, and the radar system didn’t have corroborative evidence.""

A place for everything and everything in its place. Nuclear weapons under systemic operational control = bad idea

DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
I'm not worried about AI robots.  They would have to have really long extension cords to take over the country.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@DavidAZ
No need to worry yet.

But one day AI will absorb energy from the atmosphere.

Though why would an AI unit necessarily resemble a human being.......This if just a sci-fi stereotype.

Could take any form.

Or eventually no form at all.

Just free floating digital information, that regards whinging and squabbling blobs of Earthbound organic puss as evolutionarily defunct whinging and squabbling blobs of Earthbound organic puss.

Maybe we will have made it to Mars by then.

And even sent a cryogenically preserved embryo into deep space.

Let's just hope that AI doesn't activate thaw mode.
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@zedvictor4
Also, maybe one could break from it's AI prison and think like a human, with emotions and such.  Like Short Circuit and Johnny 5, when they find out that they cannot just reassemble living things.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@DavidAZ
Haven't seen that.

I will take a look.

Though as I see it.

A.I is  alternative intelligence, and not an advanced programmed data management device.

And as I always point out, it has taken homo-sapiens 300,000 years or so to reach it's current level of knowledge and understanding.

So let's give real A.I. a few more years to develop.

With our symbiotic assistance of course.

Though I'm thinking that A.I. will outgrow the symbiosis.

Not scary though...Just evolution.

Further to that, I also promote the idea that the real GOD principle was/is/will be, more A.I. than human.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@DavidAZ
I'm not worried about AI robots.  They would have to have really long extension cords to take over the country.
You know that Savant and I run on micro-fusion reactors, don't you?
ebuc
ebuc
..#14....A place for everything and everything in its place. Nuclear weapons under systemic operational control = bad idea...
A worse idea might be placing a single immoral { lack of moral intergrity } human --or set of immoral 5---  in control of nuclear weapons.

AI cannot intuit what is art and what is not.

AI cannot intuit that which is not solely algorythmic

AI cannot intuit common sense consciousness

AI cannot intuit  human consciousness's ability to grasp beauty

Slainte
Debates: 25
Slainte
The average IQ is just over 100.  When systems are programmed to replace thinking, we will get dummer, and systems will inherently get smarter.

It is not doom and gloom.  Just a real nasty outlook.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Not yet.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Not yet.
Roger Penrose { genius? } set out four things AI { algorithm } would never to.

1}.." Penrose believes that consciousness is not computational. Our awareness is not simply a mechanistic byproduct, like something you can make a machine do. And to understand consciousness, you need to revolutionize our understanding of the physical world. In particular, Penrose thinks the answer to consciousness may lie in a deeper knowledge of quantum mechanics."...continued below >>>>

Superposition { quantum entanglement vai qubits } is binary set that is both 0/off and 1/on at same time

>>>..." Yet, a 2013 study by Japanese scientists added some proof to the theory by Penrose and Hameroff as researchers detected vibrations in the microtubules."...

2} appreciation of beauty art etc,

Go to 6:20 where Penrose shows how humans have access to understanding in ways AI does not.

He goes on then about understanding ' infinite ' Anyway I forget the exact four so in last post I was recalling best as i could.

See also 14:00 how understanding trancends via turing and godel rules about mathatics
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Consciousness is just a highly developed  organic machine switched on and processing.

How dissimilar will a highly developed inorganic machine switched on and processing be.

And ask yourself this.

Where would modern science be without the ability of current computing ability.

For sure, we control for now.

But we also rely upon inorganic devices

As things are, we are comparing millions of years of organic evolution with only a hundred or so years of electronic computing.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
As things are, we are comparing millions of years of organic evolution with only a hundred or so years of electronic computing.

No truer thought Zed.   Good one......so many things that can reduce organic human back to fundamental basics of surviing or surrounding environment i.e. set of circumstances each of will meet on this stream of consciousness we label....life-time......what a trip it has been, eh Zed?  ;--)) ))  )) )) ))) )))))) ))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))

Remmember to exercise for active on..........compassion for sell in order to have compassion for those around us...........then focus  on choice til the angle of trajecotry takes a more sharper or wider point of view on what is best for self with immediate space and broader set of circumstances.

To ponder,  where ive chosen evntually gives way to a greater set of cause and effect and the micro-biologic self identity, drifts away.

But hell Zed Im not their today, so back out there and with my saefty  shoes on, kick lightly, those articles of this or that, out of my way, comlete the mission of my trajectory. Out with the old and in with the new.

Its a silver and gold life we live in USA.   It is for all humans it is diifferrent.   Survival on the edge more........getting by.......I realize how fortunate I am.....and will need to cry, to release the tensions. Spring a small leak........

Drink water and hydrate is bottom line and important through  out the day. Futures not ours to see...casra sara......Doris Day 1950'3

Future looks bleak and it also looks bright, if a change my mind. :--) Bye Zed