Mark of the Beast - False Christs have risen

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 17
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
Christians are increasingly saying: "We shouldnt tell homosexuals that they will burn in hell! Its rude.".

If that wasnt bad enough, then comparing transgender shooter to Jesus Christ is where one thing became obvious.

Christians are changing.

They are literally re-interpreting the Bible and claiming that it means something it never meant before.

Therefore, all people for thousands of years interpreted Bible incorrectly? What?

These people today are false Christians.

Sorry but homosexuality is wrong. I have every right to say that homosexuality is wrong by the Bible.

Bible does tell us to love and tolerate, but it also tells us to say whats wrong and whats right.

Thats why I say: homosexuality is wrong.

I believe its obvious that homosexuals are not God's favorite people.

If any homosexual does pervert stuff and thinks he's gonna be rewarded for that by the God who specifically pointed out that he hates perverts and homosexuals, well, I dont know what to tell him.

Delusions are strong today.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Romans 1:26–27

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@Best.Korea
Sorry but homosexuality is wrong. I have every right to say that homosexuality is wrong by the Bible
What if beautiful russian girl and her sister are having sex with each other ? What if they invite a male to join them? Is this so wrong?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Is there any perspective less modern, less orginal, less adaptable to circumstance than the fucking bible worshippers?  Stone Age philosophy in a digital world.   Jesus would want you to think for yourself. Observe the world around you and embrace the people here empathetically.  Trolls can't be Christians any more than Christians can be trolls.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@oromagi
@Best.Korea
Sorry but homosexuality is wrong.

It is, if the bible and the true word of god is to be taken seriously?

I have every right to say that homosexuality is wrong by the Bible.

Indeed you do. And the bible does say so. God - according to the bible- calls it "an abomination" and a sin worthy of "death".  There is no getting away from this BIBLICAL fact as much as the Christian community attempt to excuse it, ignore it and  sweep it under the carpet as if god hadn't even mentioned is at all.

I have said it many times since I have been a member of this forum: that this is what comes of Christians that have adopted an ancient god they new nothing of, from a time they knew nothing of and a culture they knew nothing of.

oromagi wrote: Jesus would want you to think for yourself.

Strange thing to assert considering that religion is all about obedience to god and his word.  Acts 5:29

But then, as per usual, this goes on to be contradicted elsewhere in scripture. Titus 3:1

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Best.Korea
"Homosexual" was translated into the Bible for the first time in 1946 in the RSV translation. OP has it backwards: biblical demonization of homosexuality is a new phenomena rather than a tradition thousands of years old.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Do you even know what or who the number of the beast is? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
I dont know.

There are theories, such as false Bible being the mark of the beast...

666 doesnt tell us much, to be honest.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@oromagi
You told me to think. Okay, I will think. Just for you.

If homosexuality and pedophilia are the same and if acting on first is same as acting on second, then homosexuals will have to argue for legalization of pedophilia and legalization of acting on pedophilia to stay logically consistent and defend their position on homosexuality and acting on homosexuality, no?

So all a person has to do is to make homosexuality and pedophilia look the same (which is what right wing is trying to do) to force homosexuals to argue in favor of pedophilia? 

Isnt thinking fun?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Best.Korea wrote: Mark of the Beast

Stephen wrote: Do you even know what or who the number of the beast is? 

Best.Korea wrote: I dont know. There are theories, such as false Bible being the mark of the beast...666 doesnt tell us much, to be honest.
Are you telling me that the bible doesn't tell you who or what the "the beast" is? 

TheMorningsStar
TheMorningsStar
-->
@SkepticalOne
"Homosexual" was translated into the Bible for the first time in 1946 in the RSV translation. OP has it backwards: biblical demonization of homosexuality is a new phenomena rather than a tradition thousands of years old.
The word itself, sure. What exactly constitutes a "homosexual" is also moreso a social construct, but the  act of sex between two men was, itself, condemned in the Bible, though the wording by which this was understood changed as conceptions around homosexuality and homosexuals changed.
I used to subscribe to the conception that it was "mistranslations" that led to such condemnation, but it just seems like such a stretch to reach that point (to the point where you basically have to violate simplicity principles). For example, though I am drawing a blank on the specifics, one of the Old Testament verses has Christians that try to defend homosexuality in the Bible interpret one of the words as actually meaning "young man" rather than just man, all in an attempt to interpret the verse to be more about calling out pederasty. The issue is that that word is used many other places to just mean "man" and that nowhere else would it mean "young man" (if I can remember the specifics, I will go over it here).
We can even see the consequence of this Biblical condemnation throughout history, how the church and Christian nations treated those that engaged in homosexual acts.
Like, I get wanting to be more open to homosexuals and homosexuality (I am, myself, bi), but I feel attempts to reinterpret history to fit that goal is misplaced (and would be quite impious if done by Christians in regards to the Bible).
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
->
@<<<oromagi>>>
You told me to think. Okay, I will think. Just for you.
  • Buzzzzzz.  Actually I claimed that Jesus wants you to think for yourself.  That is, Jesus threw out the Old Testament, the Ten Comamandments, the proscriptions of Leviticus and  replaced them with an easy to follow, easy to remember   Golden Rule.  Christ commanded you to never mind those silly old books and focus on being more kind to the people around you.  You do the opposite of Christ's command but pretend to Christianity like a fool.

If homosexuality and pedophilia are the same
  • Homosexuality and pedophilia are not the same to any ratiional mind, any more than dancing and rape are the same.  The difference is consent which is a rather obvious point only the most complusive bigots miss.

TheMorningsStar
TheMorningsStar
-->
@oromagi
Christ commanded you to never mind those silly old books
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 5:17–20 (NRSV)

Clearly, that isn't what Jesus said.

and focus on being more kind to the people around you.
Sure, I agree that Jesus said that to love your neighbor is very important,
""Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He said to him, "‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."" ~Matthew 22:36-40 (NRSV)

But he also clearly tells believers to rebuke sinners.
"Be on your guard! If another disciple sins, you must rebuke the offender, and if there is repentance, you must forgive." ~Luke 17:3 (NRSV)

So, if you are arguing that Jesus, according to the Bible, said to ignore the Old Testament laws and to never judge/criticize others, then it really seems like you are speaking falsehoods. If you think that the historical Jesus said that, then you would need to make a case beyond mere assertation.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@oromagi
That is, Jesus threw out the Old Testament, the Ten Comamandments
Wait, what? What? I mean, actually, what?

Jesus literally listed 10 commandments in the New Testament. Jesus said you have to follow 10 commandments to enter heaven.

Christ commanded you to never mind those silly old books and focus on being more kind to the people around you. 
Look, Jesus commanded me to tolerate and not to seek revenge. However, me saying that "homosexuality is wrong" doesnt count as any kind of violence towards homosexuals, since I have duty, by the Bible, to tell people to stop doing that which God hates. I am not going to attack homosexuals. I just tell them that what they are doing is wrong.

Homosexuality and pedophilia are not the same to any ratiional mind, any more than dancing and rape are the same.  The difference is consent which is a rather obvious point only the most complusive bigots miss.
The difference is consent? Well, there you have it. You have entered dialectics, where your entire position on pedophilia depends on the argument of consent. The moment someone proves that children can consent is the moment you will have to approve pedophilia to uphold your position.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Best.Korea wrote: Mark of the Beast

Stephen wrote: Do you even know what or who the number of the beast is? 

Best.Korea wrote: I dont know. There are theories, such as false Bible being the mark of the beast...666 doesnt tell us much, to be honest.
Are you telling me that the bible doesn't tell you who or what the "the beast" is? 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Worrying about homosexuality again.

And yes, Jesus preferred the company of men.....Which needed no interpretation.

And 666 is the sign of a gay threesome.

And 999 is a gay threesome facing the opposite way doing hand stands.