Is Trump Smart?

Author: ponikshiy

Total: 170
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@ponikshiy
Very smart move I see. Do not arrest all Republicans just the most popular ones so they win office less and public will be blinded thinking "we are still fair country not all red team is arrested" . 
lol did you miss the point where i said that desantis has a higher polling chance to win the next election? Trump is not the most popular candidate. He's just the most popular among the republican base. 

So you support arrest of Biden in latest corruption scandal also? 
what corruption scandal? all i've heard of is republicans desperately looking for something and coming up with nonsense. Like how they said there was recordings of biden talking to a foreign oligarch!!! then it turned out that a guy no one had heard from in years once claimed that some other guy no one has heard from in years said there were tapes. And no one has seen or heard these tapes or can even confirm they exist. 

I dont know if it is smart to arrest sitting president thoug.
I would say if the crime is serious, and it affects the way he is/will govern, then yes you should. The justice department disagrees. 

I hear he can pardon self so maybe you push hard for his arrest if he loses in 2024?
depends on the charges. A president can pardon federal crimes, not state crimes. So hypothetically a sitting president could be charged with a state crime and he couldn't pardon himself. But the crimes trump committed are federal, so that won't be tested. 
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@HistoryBuff
what corruption scandal? all i've heard of is republicans desperately looking for something and coming up with nonsense. Like how they said there was recordings of biden talking to a foreign oligarch!!! then it turned out that a guy no one had heard from in years once claimed that some other guy no one has heard from in years said there were tapes. And no one has seen or heard these tapes or can even confirm they exist. 
Very good strategy, I see. In Russia our leaders do the same. Minimize their crimes while exaggerating the opponents, that way it does not appear corrupt to only arrest red team favorites.

I believe red team also minimize what Trump does while exaggerating the crimes Biden definitely did. 

It is very good strategy. No wonder Russia cannot compete with america
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Being held liable and being guilty are not the same thing. Just saying. People are held liable for shit they didn't do all the time simply by association.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite
Donald Trump, 2005: “I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.” 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
When people let you do things, that's called a waiver, so no liability.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ponikshiy
Very good strategy, I see. In Russia our leaders do the same. Minimize their crimes while exaggerating the opponents, that way it does not appear corrupt to only arrest red team favorites.
minimize what exactly? There is no credible claim that biden has done anything. Just random claims he did this or that with absolutely 0 evidence to back any of it up. Trump's crimes are well documented and obvious to anyone who cares to read the indictment. There is no comparison. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Trump likes to think they were letting him. He once said that if a girls says you are raping her, it is just her trying to be sexy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
What does the FBI really know about all this?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Aaaand this proves what?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite

Is Trump the smartest person you know?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
What does the FBI think?

8 days later

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
I never met Trump, so that would be a no. My deceased step father was the smartest person I have ever known to date.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
Sorry for your loss.
Debate_man247
Debate_man247
It is difficult to accurately judge someone's intelligence from their actions alone. However, with President Trump's behavior and decisions, I do not think it would be fair to call him a person of great intelligence. One of the key things to look for in judging someone's intelligence is their critical thinking and decision-making skills, and judging from his decisions as president, I would argue that Trump's critical thinking and decision-making skills are not of the highest quality. For example, he has made countless irrational and impulsive decisions, including his decisions to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement and Iran Nuclear Deal.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Debate_man247
Paris Climate Agreement and Iran Nuclear Deal

Shouldn't Congress just pass a binding resolution on those things so any president from either can't use those issues as talking points for elections?

It seems self evident that Congress punting a binding resolution means there are real problems with the deals, especially as Congressional majorities have changed many times.
Debate_man247
Debate_man247
-->
@Greyparrot
I would agree that it is important for Congress to pass binding resolutions on important issues like the Paris Climate Agreement and the Iran Nuclear Deal. This would help to ensure consistency in US foreign policy, and prevent leaders from using these issues as political talking points for elections. However, there is a potential downside of such a policy, as giving Congress binding authority over these issues could give them too much power and could limit the flexibility of the executive branch in responding to changing foreign policy situations. Ultimately, it is important for Congress and the executive branch to work together to find a balance that allows for both consistency and adaptability.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Debate_man247
Constitutionally, all treaties and international agreements MUST be ratified by Congress. That's not an issue of "too much power"

It is an issue of how law and order works in America. Congress has exactly the correct amount of power according to the present Constitution.

If the treaty is not a clear and present benefit for Americans, then binding international treaty ratification should not happen.
Debate_man247
Debate_man247
-->
@Greyparrot
In my view, the benefits of the Paris Climate Agreement and Iran Nuclear deal far outweigh any potential downsides. These agreements are important in addressing some of the biggest challenges facing our world today, including climate change and nuclear weapons proliferation. By working together with other countries to address these issues, the US can benefit from improved international cooperation and stability, as well as reduced global tensions. These agreements are crucial for securing a safe, sustainable, and prosperous future for the world. Whether or not the Constitution requires that Congress ratify these agreements, I think that it is important for the US to engage in both the Paris Climate Agreement and the Iran Nuclear deal for our world to be a better place, by tackling some of the biggest global issues facing today. If the US engaged in these meaningful agreements, it could lead to a more peaceful and sustainable future for the world by working to prevent dangerous effects of climate change, and reducing the risk of nuclear conflict. By the US taking a more active role in these areas, it could also help set an example for other countries to follow. Ultimately, engaging in these important agreements is the right thing to do, and it is also in the US's best interests.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Debate_man247
That's a lot of "coulds" and "maybes". Probably won't pass a consensus vote.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
No worries, he's been dead 20 years.