Zelensky suspends "Democracy" in Ukraine.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 51
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
You would think Zelensky had enough of quashing Democracy in Ukraine last year...
Jailing political opponents
Jailing opposition Journalists

But oh no, oh no gentle readers, Zelensky, the great supporter of the 2014 Maidan revolution, is not done quite yet.
By imposing martial law on a troubled public, Zelensky is allowed to also suspend elections.

Talking heads in both Democrat and Republican parties insist that this is the ideal USA needs to fight for, and a cause to send billions of dollars toward.

You guys have been warned.

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
lol, russia is firing ballistic missiles at Ukrainian cities regularly. Many Ukrainian citizens are still under occupation by the Russian invaders. How exactly are they supposed to hold an election under those circumstances? This isn't like Russia where the vote is just for show so it doesn't matter what is going on. In real elections, you need to be able to actually safely go to a polling site. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The period following the Euromaidan protests in Ukraine in 2013 and the subsequent conflict in eastern Ukraine was marked by significant changes to press freedom. There were numerous instances of violent attacks on the media in Ukraine, with approximately 300 cases recorded by the OSCE between November 2013 and May 2014. Violations of free speech also increased, with at least 995 recorded in 2014, double the number in 2013 and triple the number in 2012. Attacks on journalists were particularly prevalent during the Euromaidan period, with 82 incidents in January and 70 in February 2014. Additionally, there were cases of abduction and illegal detention of journalists, as well as restrictions on press freedom, such as police impeding access to public buildings, physical attacks on press rooms, cyberattacks, and even firebombing of a TV channel in July 2014.

The new 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election initially entertained diverse political orientations in the media, though some minor cases of pressure or censorship attempts were reported. Concerns were raised in 2015 regarding aggressive propaganda from Russian state-owned news outlets, which aimed to support the Russian annexation of Crimea, encourage separatism in Donbas, and discredit the Kyiv government. There were also accusations that the Ukrainian government cracked down on pro-separatist viewpoints, and Russia-based television stations were shut down and Russian journalists barred from entering the country.

To counteract perceived Russian information aggression, the Ministry of Information Policy was established in December 2014, with a focus on countering biased information about Ukraine. However, some of the measures taken, such as banning Russian internet service providers, social networks, and news sources, were criticized as politically expedient attacks on the right to information. The concentration of media ownership, along with the high risks of violence against journalists, especially in conflict areas in the east, remained concerns for media freedom in Ukraine.

There were improvements in press freedom, as noted by Freedom House, with the status changing from Not Free to Partly Free in 2015. The level of government hostility and legal pressure faced by journalists decreased, and there were improvements in access to information laws and the independence of the broadcasting regulator. However, challenges remained, including the handling of pro-Russian propaganda and the overall risks faced by journalists. Ukraine ranked 102nd out of 180 countries in the 2017 World Press Freedom Index, and bans on media imposed by the Poroshenko government were condemned by organizations like Reporters Without Borders, Human Rights Watch, and the Committee to Protect Journalists.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
How exactly are they supposed to hold an election under those circumstances? 
For comparison, America did not declare martial law and suspend elections in the middle of its Civil War.

Although Lincoln did jail his opposition.

Had Lincoln found himself on the losing side of the Civil War, he may have gone down the Zelensky path. Hypothetically.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
How exactly are they supposed to hold an election under those circumstances? 
For comparison, America did not declare martial law and suspend elections in the middle of its Civil War.
That doesn't address the question. The circumstances in these two scenarios are very different.

As usual, you are quick to criticize while having no interest in a real discission over whether your critiques are valid.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
As usual, you are quick to criticize 
I am quick to ask a question, you are quick to dismiss. Censorship in your reply to me might be a projection of your acceptance of what is going on in Ukraine, but feel free to correct me.

The circumstances in these two scenarios are very different.
How exactly? Can Kiev not hold elections without collecting the votes of the Donbas people?
USA didn't collect the 1864 votes in any of the states declaring independence. 

I can see the necessity of media censorship and martial law in a Civil War, but why suspend elections?
FLRW
FLRW

You all know that Greyparrot is Putin, don't you?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
What would you know about the Donbas people? You work for the same government agencies that started the 2014 Civil War in Ukraine.
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@Greyparrot
Cool. Let's send him another billion
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Твоя правда
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
OMG! is this you?

Grats on your long propaganda career good sir, well earned and well rewarded.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Well, I do look like him.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
"I worked as a private intelligence contractor for six years myself, so I think I have a good understanding of the contribution that they have made and will continue to make."

(D-OR) Sen. Wyden: "Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?"
Clapper: "No, sir."
Wyden:  "It does not?"
Clapper: "Not wittingly. There are cases where they could inadvertently, perhaps, collect, but not wittingly.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Since much of the money going to Ukraine was bipartisan, meaning many GOP congressmen voted for it, I would like to hear from the far right crowd as to why this is a necessary thing. We already clearly know the tired and common deflections from the Establishment left on this site for the justification.

ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@Double_R
That doesn't address the question. The circumstances in these two scenarios are very different.

As usual, you are quick to criticize while having no interest in a real discission over whether your critiques are valid.

I do not care about democracy. It seems like a bad ideal, but I will say. If somebody actually believed in it, why would circumstances matter. Give every person a crypto coin for 2 different candidates.  Whoever gets more crypto coins representing them sent in to the block chain wallet, wins election. 

It just requires somebody get internet access one time over 2 week period to work. 

Again, if something is right it should be done no matter what. If something is wrong, it should never be done. 

I gave pedicure that needs done every 2 weeks. I promise you, my mother could die and I would not miss pedicure for funeral. 

When you care about something, you make sure you do it. 

With that said, best strategy for preservation of Ukraine is holding off elections, but that raises the question. What do they care more about? Existing or Democracy. If existing is more Important than standing up for what they believe in, so be it. 

This is why I as a Russian do not want Ukraine in Russia. These people will abandon their principles to save their own skin. 

ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@Greyparrot
Since much of the money going to Ukraine was bipartisan, meaning many GOP congressmen voted for it, I would like to hear from the far right crowd as to why this is a necessary thing. We already clearly know the tired and common deflections from the Establishment left on this site for the justification.
Horse shoe theory my friend. Most communists like me, oppose the war. Most far right people also oppose the war and would not have America extend it by funding it . 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
“Some of these journalists work in occupied areas, such as parts of Eastern Ukraine and the Crimean peninsula. But even those who work with me in Kiev can’t avoid grave risks”

“In August 2017 Oleh was detained. Why? After two years, we still have no clue”

“In February 2019 Alina tried to enter annexed Crimea once again. This time she was stopped. She cannot enter Crimea for nine years on Russian national security grounds.“

“There is a particular law in Russia. If you say that Crimea belongs to Ukraine you can be put in prison for up to five years. Mykola Semena received a two-and-a-half-year suspended sentence, and has been prohibited from practising journalism.”

These journalists are in danger from Putin you idiot. You are definitely the dumbest person using DART

You guys have been warned.
Warned how stupid you are? All these journalists were persecuted by Russia you moron.

Also, this thread shows you using Wikipedia extensively. Two days ago you were saying Wikipedia is not an acceptable source for information.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
Horse shoe theory my friend.
In America, we call this thing a "Uniparty"

It is how we sell unjust war like Iraq to trusting American.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
In America, we
Who here believes GP is an American?

I don't think any longstanding member of this site or DDO really believes GP is an American.  I certainly don't.  Nothing he has ever said or done is constistent with a patriotic or even just self-intersted American perspective.  Whatever his actual geography, he clearly prays daily for America's destruction and for the end of civil rights and human freedom everywhere while desperately longing for Russia to achieve world domination.

ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@oromagi
Russia to achieve world domination.
Shat is wrong with this. It can't be any worse than current leader of world. (CHINA)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Nothing he has ever said or done is constistent with a patriotic or even just self-intersted American perspective. 

Who here believes Iraq was a just war? We need no names, their rhetoric and propaganda speak for itself.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
"Patriot" was the weapon used to wage the unjust Iraq war.
"Democracy" is the new weapon of choice.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
I'm also OK with China coming in to rescue America from the corrupt Oligarchs.
ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@Greyparrot
"Patriot" was the weapon used to wage the unjust Iraq war.
"Democracy" is the new weapon of choice.
The time to be scared is when leaders talk about liberating peopl3. Any time liberation is used as an excuse, you know it means they cannot justify violence on any ethical grounds. 

Americans liberated Irak, Korea, Vietnam

Russia is currently liberating The Ukraine.  

Rioters in France are saying they want to liberate Muslim MInoities. Nazis were liberating the German people from communists. 

When they speak of liberation, it is time to hide the men you love so they are not drafted to die in some far away land
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Maybe countries should not start Civil wars if they want peace. But we all know America finds no profit in a peaceful world.
ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@Greyparrot
The funny thing is that both you and him are intentionally distracted towards each other by the puppet master. 

I am not necessarily speaking of corruption and it seems mentioning corruption gets westerners on edge. I am speaking of powerful men who distract you with their right hand while they move their left.

For example that submersible story that lasted 4 days when the navy sensed the implosion the Minute it happened. 

The left did a media dump of a bunch of juicy stories that would have dominated the news cycle, but had Biden just announced what he definitely heard in his security briefing about titan, those Biden audio tapes and stories would have been front page news instead.

This is not all on blue team. Red team does similar things, but powerful men distract you all so you fight each other.

Let me give example. 

People have chance to equal power between themselves and corporations in the Citizens united case.

You get distracted with philosophical arguments "government over reach" etc. Meanwhile citizens u ited fails and corporations are considered people. 

Now all politicians need big corporate money or they cannot win. After this, united America who leaned socially liberal go full bore because corporations push woke culture and force Democrat politicians to play ball or lose funding. 

The same happened when in the late 1950s corporate media is unbiased. The people are more pragmatic, not so ideological. It becomes easy to pick candidate based on pragmatists. Suddenly Richard Nixon gets Americans distracted by free market talk and pushes to overturn the fairness doctrine. Suddenly the left simultanattacks media for being unbiased and propagandizes reporters to thi k it is their job to tell Americans what to think. So fairness doctrine overturned, young 19 year old reporters start pushing social agenda and these distractions and internal fighting between blue team and red team both accomplish same result. Corporations controlling media narrative instead of keeping g it neutral and letting Americans think for selves. 

Now the red team cries that media is biased when they are half the reason for it. 

People need to u ite not get distracted by arguments that capitalist pigs use to divide them. 

Another distraction is currently happening. Trumps documents show that the U ited States wants an excuse to attack Iran, but media distracted ts by getting g red team defensive of trump and blue team outraged at Trump. what is more important is the discussion of America's intent with Iran. 

But no, Intead of pushing back at the elite for not including American citizens in discussion on foreign policy towards Iran. Blue team and red team focus on Trump. 

Guys stop being taken for ride and acting like dogs in a dog fight while owners laugh and collect money no matter who wins

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
Well said.
oromagi
oromagi
Who here believes Iraq was a just war? We need no names, their rhetoric and propaganda speak for itself.

• Not a denial
oromagi
oromagi
Maybe countries should not start Civil wars if they want peace. But we all know America finds no profit in a peaceful world.
  • also not a denial