Judge agrees Government overstepped with Social Media violating 1st Amendment

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 36
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
The question is do you believe rain dances cause it to rain AND Do you believe praying caused the Covid pandemic to subside.
No to the compound condition and no to each individually.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
“The UN body said that Yemen had administered just 864,544 Covid-19 vaccines so far, the lowest figure in the Eastern Mediterranean region (EMRO), which stretches from Morocco to Pakistan, but does not include Israel and Algeria.
According to the WHO, 11,914 Covid-19 cases have been reported in Yemen over the past two years and 2,152 deaths, figures that experts say is a gross undercount because of the country's failed healthcare system and the high cost of testing kits”

Yemen has very low vaccination rates
Yemen is being devastated by COVID-19
People are dying in Yemen from starvation and other diseases 
There is no credible data coming out of this war torn country 

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Yemen has very low vaccination rates
Yemen is being devastated by COVID-19
You should read more carefully:

Remember it's about whether the pandemic ended not somebody's questionable estimate of excess deaths.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
@Sidewalker
Probably because nobody ever said that.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
you have now been proven wrong
It was an injunction issued by one federal judge on the basis that the plaintiffs will probably win the case. Calm down there sparky.

The issue at hand in this case comes down to whether the social media companies were acting within their own guidelines and of their own accord or whether they were "coerced or significantly encouraged" by the government to act on the government's behalf. What I found telling about this ruling is that nothing in these 155 pages takes into account what the social media companies that actually made the decisions to take down certain posts had to say about it.

That said, there is actually compelling evidence that certain individuals went to far to the point where that line may have been crossed, if I were the judge in this case I might even feel compelled to rule the same way because of the precedent set here and knowing the type of people that are actually out there waiting to take advantage of it. But here is the part of the ruling that really stood out to me:

"What is really telling is that virtually all of the free speech suppressed was “conservative” free speech. Using the 2016 election and the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government apparently engaged in a massive effort to suppress disfavored conservative speech. The targeting of conservative speech indicates that Defendants may have engaged in “viewpoint discrimination,” to which strict scrutiny applies. See Simon & Schuster, Inc., 505 U.S. 105 (1991)."

In other words, batshit conspiracy theories that are extremely harmful to the health of our society, the very thing the government is duty bound to protect against and that any responsible social media company would not want their platforms to be known for, is now classified as "conservative speech". If you are cheering this ruling you might want to think about how we got here.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
What’s hilarious to me is @Double_R  hasn’t said anything here. 
Awe someone misses me. I'm touched.