Choosing between America and Russia is like choosing between two evils

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 44
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
Do I want for the world to be ruled by Putin?
Of course not. Only a crazy person would want that.

Do I want for the world to be ruled by USA? Of course not. USA is ruled by idiots who cant separate whats right from whats ideology.

Now, the third option might be China, which is worse than USA and Russia combined.

So it seems that in this battle, good guys cannot win because there are no good guys.

Literally, this is just one evil fighting with the other evil.

Good isnt even involved in this battle. So its not a battle of good vs evil, as media tries to paint it.

The battle is evil vs evil. So one of those evils will win.

Good cannot win, because there is no good.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Go and live in Russia. Then tell us how evil US is.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Best.Korea
no country has ever existed that you could say is unequivocally "good". Because being "good" is not what a country is even for. Until fairly recently, being a "good" country would have been seen as a bad thing. 

So once you move past the childish idea that any country is going to be always "good" you can move into the realm of the real world. And in the real world you have to compare shades of gray. How good/bad is one country compared to another. And the comparison isn't even close. Russia is am imperialist power that doesn't care even slightly about people, or rights or rules. They will screw over anyone, at any time for power and wealth.

America often acts in ways that are shitty, but they at least have restraints. They have free elections where if a leader acts shitty enough, they are removed. Russia has no such thing. In Russia all media is kremlin controlled anyone who could be a threat is murdered or imprisoned. 

America has to at least pretend like they care about the rule of law and getting along with other countries. They have allies whose opinions they need to actually listen to. Russia has no such thing. They don't care what other nations think of them. They don't really have allies or "friends". They have subjects. They do whatever they want, whenever they want, and there is no other country that can even try to convince them not to.

America has arguably ruled the world since the fall of the soviet union. It has been far from perfect, but it has been the most peaceful and prosperous period of human history. America can certainly be better, but it is madness to suggest that Russian rule would be preferable. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
@HistoryBuff

America has arguably ruled the world since the fall of the soviet union.
Actually, USA existed before the fall of the Soviet Union.

It has been far from perfect, but it has been the most peaceful and prosperous period of human history.
Thats only if your knowledge of history stops after year 1900, and if you ignore that two world wars happened while USA existed, and a third is on the way.

The only correct part of your sentence is "It has been far from perfect". 

There was more than 300 million people killed during the existence of USA. Thats more people than the entire population of Earth at certain times in history.

So yeah, usually people who dont know history make such stupid arguments. Like, its really embarrassing for them. They are asking to be spanked, intellectually.

Also, people often fail at historical math. For example, they often conclude that because certain war in history killed 1 million people, and wars today kill 500,000, that wars today kill less people.

What they fail to understand is that they are comparing 1 war that lasted for 50 years with 1 war today that lasted for 5 years.

Thats a huge failure at math, but its the best that American education system has to offer.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
but it has been the most peaceful and prosperous period of human history
Sans Iraq, Yemen, Ukraine, Syria, Libya, Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, Serbia, Palestine, Cuba, Lebanon, Niger, Uganda, Somalia, Bosnia, Grenada, Haiti and DR.

but it is madness to suggest that Russian rule would be preferable. 
Russia doesn't have a century of history operating as "the world's police force"

It's entirely possible there could be more international peace and freedom without such an arbitrary force in the world than what you have been conditioned to accept as "normal"
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Go and live in Russia. Then tell us how evil US is.
I dont live in USA or Russia. However, if I had to choose where to be born, I would choose to be born in Russia. At least I would get to keep my foreskin.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Honestly, that I agree to. I am against circumcision.

Now, just remember you have no 'real' freedom beyond that in Russia.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Now, just remember you have no 'real' freedom beyond that in Russia.
I wouldnt have any freedom in USA either. In fact, I would probably prefer to be born anywhere except in USA. Even North Korea would be a better option than USA. Still, my country of choice to be born in would be Japan.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Why would you rather be born in North Korea than the US?

Why is Japan your country of choice?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Why would you rather be born in North Korea than the US?
I was in prison. However, if I was born in USA, then I would probably be in prison for life, and I would be raped for the rest of my life. Thats about as bad as life can get for a person. Nothing is worse than that.

Why is Japan your country of choice?
Oh, well, plenty of reasons:

1. Safety - almost no murders, no circumcision, almost no car accidents. 

2. Freedom - Japan has lots of freedom, I would say much more than any other country. People respect boundaries, which is fundamental part of freedom.

3. Culture - Probably the most beautiful culture in the world. For example, they dont teach kids that they will burn in hell or other nonsense. Rather, they teach about nature and love towards nature, love towards spirits of the ancestors.

4. Education - I am not gonna say that Japan has the best education in the world, but its high enough to have a high quality childhood and adulthood.

5. Good healthcare, good food

6. Kind people

7. Best anime comes from Japan

When these 7 combine, you get the ideal country to live in. I could probably think of more if I tried.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
I was in prison. However, if I was born in USA, then I would probably be in prison for life, and I would be raped for the rest of my life. Thats about as bad as life can get for a person. Nothing is worse than that.
What do you believe life is like in North Korea? What do you believe that life is like for the convicted-of-crime in North Korea?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
. Freedom - Japan has lots of freedom, I would say much more than any other country. People respect boundaries, which is fundamental part of freedom.
Are you willing to uphold this stance in a debate? That Japan has more freedom than the US?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
What do you believe life is like in North Korea? What do you believe that life is like for the convicted-of-crime in North Korea?
Well, either same as in USA either less bad, its just that in North Korea person gets to keep his foreskin in most cases. So there is that.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Are you willing to uphold this stance in a debate? That Japan has more freedom than the US?
Its a truism.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
are you willing to debate that truism?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
I agree with you on circumcision, that doesn't really hold up to the rest of it.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea
Women’s choices for a sexual partner are influenced by numerous personal, cultural, social, political and religious factors, and may also include aspects of penile anatomy such as male circumcision (MC) status. Women’s preferences generally favor the circumcised penis for sexual activity, hygiene, and lower risk of infection. The findings add to the already well-established health benefits favoring MC and provide important sociosexual information on an issue of widespread interest.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
are you willing to debate that truism?
What is there to debate?

In USA, I would be in prison for life and I would be raped in prison for the rest of my life.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Women’s preferences generally favor the circumcised penis for sexual activity
Sorry, I dont see how woman gets to make decisions about my body. Are we living in some reverse universe, where "my body, my choice" applies only to women, while men have no choice what so ever?

The findings add to the already well-established health benefits 
Actually, the healthiest countries in the world all banned circumcision.

The least healthy countries in the world have lots of circumcision tho.

Circumcision causes trauma for the infant.

Plus, the circumcision damaged my penis.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
would you mind structuring that as a Round 1 case?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@FLRW
Women’s preferences generally favor the circumcised penis for sexual activity, hygiene, and lower risk of infection. The findings add to the already well-established health benefits favoring MC and provide important sociosexual information on an issue of widespread interest.
That's only true in America or Islamic nations and Israel (or minority of African-Christian ones that took on the practise).

It is much sexier with a foreskin to even experience masturbation etc, the entire inside of the foreskin is sensitive like a vagina is. It's truly a robbery of deep pleasure.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
would you mind structuring that as a Round 1 case?
Oh okay, sure.

Topic 
"Best.Korea would have more freedom in Japan than in USA".

Definitions
Freedom - Ability to do something, or being free from limitations or oppression

Introduction
USA offers plenty of freedom to most people, but not much to Best.Korea.

Arguments
P1. In USA, Best.Korea would be imprisoned for life and would be raped for life.
P2. Being imprisoned and being raped for life means to have the least freedom possible.
C. In USA, Best.Korea would have the least freedom possible.

P1. In Japan, Best.Korea would not be imprisoned for life and would not be raped for life.
P2. Not being imprisoned for life and not being raped for life means to have more freedom than what Best.Korea would have in USA.
C. In Japan, Best.Korea would have more freedom than what Best.Korea would have in USA.

Conclusion:
Is conclusion necessary? Well, the conclusion is that Best.Korea would have more freedom in Japan than in USA.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
No, you are not in the debate title/resolution please.

Make the debate and challenge it to me, unrated, maximum 6k per Round. Maximum 4 Rounds.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Sans Iraq, Yemen, Ukraine, Syria, Libya, Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, Serbia, Palestine, Cuba, Lebanon, Niger, Uganda, Somalia, Bosnia, Grenada, Haiti and DR.
and? most of these were wars the US did not start. Some of these I wouldn't even say the US was involved in. Like Yemen. They have carried out drone strikes on Al-Qaeda. That's it. 

Almost all of these are small regional conflicts that the US got involved in to try to end them. The US didn't start most of them. And even with all of these conflicts, it is still the most peaceful period in recent history. Pre-WW1, there were wars on every continent pretty much all the time. Usually more than 1. Post WW 2, some regions are still conflict prone, but the number and severity of wars is significantly reduced overall. 

Russia doesn't have a century of history operating as "the world's police force"
No, they have centuries of history as the world's oppressor. At least, as much of the world as they can reach. The soviet union wasn't powerful because people wanted to join. They joined by force. And the russians used force to keep them there. And they have been doing it uninterrupted for hundreds of years. 

It's entirely possible there could be more international peace and freedom without such an arbitrary force in the world than what you have been conditioned to accept as "normal"
it's possible. But literally all of human history suggests that no, it would be worse. So suggesting that we would be better off when all available evidence says otherwise is foolish. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
But literally all of human history suggests that no.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot

This refers to a peaceful period in the area in and around china specially. It describes nowhere else in the world. The Pax americana has created the most peaceful period in the history of the world. Not just in one region. China has only ever created peace in it's own sphere of influence. And it did so through extreme violence. It forced those around it into becoming tributaries of their empire because they saw/see themselves as the center of world and everyone else is inferior.

The american system of peace if primarily based on trade and mutual defense. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The Pax americana has created the most peaceful period in the history of the world. Not just in one region.
For America, sure.

There's also a ton of wars that happened around the world that America did nothing to stop during that period. Especially in Africa, although America did do a lot to sell arms around the globe Tony Stark style. 

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Best.Korea
Literally, this is just one evil fighting with the other evil. 
While the US certainly has its issues, comparing it to Russia is just ridiculous. The entire country’s economy is about the size of New York, meanwhile its dictator Is estimated to be by far the wealthiest man on earth. We can’t say what his net worth is exactly because he doesn’t allow his people to access information so no one knows just how corrupt he is. The people would rise up against him but oddly enough every time someone challenges him they suddenly have an accident where they fall out of a window.

You cannot in any real world sense say anything like that about the US.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Double_R
comparing it to Russia is just ridiculous
I didnt compare it.

I said that they are both evil. One being more evil, the other less,

doesnt change the fact that they are both evil.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
For America, sure.
no, for most of the world. There are regions where violence still occurs. Though, for the most part, america doesn't start those wars. But, on the whole, there are much fewer wars than in the 18th or 19th centuries. Having 1 super power able to leverage influence, and actually want to leverage influence, to prevent wars makes a more peaceful world. 

There's also a ton of wars that happened around the world that America did nothing to stop during that period. 
this is true. But weren't you just criticizing america for playing world police? So which is it? Do we blame america for intervening in wars, or do we blame America for not intervening in wars?

Especially in Africa, although America did do a lot to sell arms around the globe Tony Stark style. 
this is also true. I have never claimed america is perfect. I only tell you that the pax americana is the most peaceful the world has ever been. It is still far from perfect though.