AGI { Artificial General Intelligence }

Author: ebuc

Total: 24
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
1} first and foremost, is defininng consciousness. I say there are degrees of consciousness, ergo, there exists non-biologic consciousness, that, in least complex definition is two-ness/other-ness, that, includes four aspects of consideration

2} Artificial General Intelligence { AGI  algorithms } will approach that have human generalizing abilities via access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i, in what future year?  

Answer: AGI is already approaching ergo, the question is really,1}  Will AGI ever attain the degree of generalized intelligence status that humans have?

and 2} what year will that occur?  

Answer: never

...."....could a calculator be considered an early yet incomplete version of AGI? How about Eliza? Siri?),” Marcus argued, pointing to the continuing deficiencies of the current generation of large Language Models (LLMs): “The problem of hallucinations is not solved; reliability is not solved; planning on complex tasks is (as the authors themselves acknowledge) not solved.”

...If by “AGI” we (including Marcus) mean getting a machine to be as “intelligent” as humans, why is it a problem to have hallucinations, a very human trait? Isn’t “AGI” or even just ordinary “AI” a very human hallucination?

..One of the definitions of hallucination given by the Marriam-Webster dictionary is “an unfounded or mistaken impression or notion.” Obviously Marcus, like many other intelligent people today, thinks that a calculator is not AI or an incomplete AGI. But that mistaken notion (or hallucination) has been advanced by many intelligent people for many years.

In 1833, contemporaries of Charles Babbage called his mechanical calculator or, as we would call it today, a mechanical general-purpose computer, a “thinking machine.” In 1949, computer pioneer Edmund Berkeley wrote in Giant Brains or Machines that Think:"...

ebuc
ebuc
..."The argument claims that Gödel’s first incompleteness theorem shows that the human mind is not a Turing machine, that is, a computer.  The argument has generated a great deal of discussion since then.  The influential Computational Theory of Mind, which claims that the human mind is a computer, is false if Lucas’s argument succeeds.  Furthermore, if Lucas’s argument is correct, then “strong artificial intelligence,” the view that it is possible at least in principle to construct a machine that has the same cognitive abilities as humans, is false."...

...The Lucas-Penrose Argument about Gödel’s Theorem --See section 3 for Penroses argument...

...' For example, McCullough (1995: 3.2) claims that for Penrose’s argument to succeed, two claims must be true: (1) “Human mathematical reasoning is sound.  That is, every statement that a competent human mathematician considers to be “unassailably true” actually is true,” and (2) “The fact that human mathematical reasoning is sound is itself considered to be “unassailably true.”” 

......These claims seem implausible to McCullough (1995: 3.4) though, who remarks, “For people (such as me) who have a more relaxed attitude towards the possibility that their reasoning might be unsound, Penrose’s argument doesn’t carry as much weight.”  In short, McCullough (1995) thinks it is at least possible that mathematicians are unsound so we do not definitively know that mathematicians are sound. 

.......McDermott (1995) also questions this aspect (among others) of Penrose’s argument.  Looking at the way that mathematicians actually work, he (1995: 3.4) claims, “it is difficult to see how thinkers like these could even be remotely approximated by an inference system that chugs to a certifiably sound conclusion, prints it out, then turns itself off.”  For example, McDermott points out that in 1879 Kempe published a proof of the four-color theorem which was not disproved until 1890 by Heawood; that is, it appears there was an 11 year period where many competent mathematicians were unsound"...

However...."
The Four Colour Theorem
Age 11 to 16
Article by Leo Rogers
Published 2011

The Four Colour Conjecture was first stated just over 150 yearsago, and finally proved conclusively in 1976. It is an outstandingexample of how old ideas combine with new discoveries andtechniques in different fields of mathematics to provide newapproaches to a problem. It is also an example of how an apparentlysimple problem was thought to be 'solved' but then became morecomplex, and it is the first spectacular example where a computerwas involved in proving a mathematical theorem. "..

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Humans do need to create smart AI that will rule the planet.

Current AI cant really be called smart. It mostly just repeats text from articles in the text form of:

1. Conclusion

2. Body of reasons that led to conclusion
AmericanPatriot
Debates: 5
AmericanPatriot
If you created an ai that could have programed opinions in a specific range, along with limited access to the internet. AI can be smarter than everyone. Obviously, we need limits because it would be bad if it got too powerful. I literally asked chat-GPT if ai can take over and in simple terms it said yes.
FLRW
FLRW

The purpose of evolution is to create AI bots.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
The purpose of evolution is to create AI bots.
Complex to simple evolution via inbreeding, --easy to do---   is the loss of access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i.

Simple to complex evolution via out-breeding diversification  may lead to complex human with access to most generalized,  Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Class-1 evolution is intentional Meta-space mind/intellect forward into the future

Class-2 evolution is butt forward into the future with precessed at 90 degrees resultants of unintentional actions.

Inventions often had been this class-2 process where something was discovered by accident, in process of looking for something els
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Artificial Generalized Intelligence is  ..." Scope: AI is typically focused on solving specific problems, while AGI is designed to be able to solve any problem that a human can. Level of intelligence: AI systems are typically much less intelligent than humans, while AGI systems are designed to be as intelligent as humans or even more intelligent.

..."he path to AGI will likely require unpredictable breakthroughs and innovations. The median predicted date for AGI on Metaculus, a well-regarded forecasting platform, is 2032.".....

Outbreeding AGI?  Ergo, simple to complex via out breeding?

..."The expectation among many in the technology community is that GPT, which stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer, will advance to become GPT-5 — and that version will be an artificial general intelligence, or AGI. AGI represents AI that can think for itself, and at that point, the algorithm would continue to grow exponentially smarter over time."....

ebuc
ebuc
What me scared....referencing MAD magazine dude......Godfather of AI says its not inconcieveable AGI could destroy humanity at 2:00.

2001 Space Odyssey  Hal computer is mention also at 1:40

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
I agree.

It's foolish to think that humanity is the be all and end all of evolution and intelligence.

Alternative intelligence is evolving and will continue to evolve, and we will facilitate that process. Which in terms of a Universal purpose, is the purpose of us and our successors.

And there again, everything might be purposeless.

8 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4

R P Feynman on consciousness

10 days later

ebuc
ebuc
The differrence between Meta-space and Metacognition.

Cognition = ..' the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses. '...

Metacognition = Artificial General Intelligence { AGI } is best answer I can conclude.

Electronic bits { AI } vs electrical bits { biologic human }?

AGI faster, tho less intelligent, than the slower, human General Intelligence cognition action, process.

Intelligent humans would not destroy themselves --ex via thermal nuclear apocalypse--- or the ecological environment that sustains them.

Meta-space is the mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i as well a geometric pattern.

John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@ebuc
1} first and foremost, is defininng consciousness. I say there are degrees of consciousness, ergo, there exists non-biologic consciousness, that, in least complex definition is two-ness/other-ness, that, includes four aspects of consideration
Why is that first there are people who operate without consciousness the behavior is a form of mentally illness not artificial intelligent. The first defining principle may be is A.I. used as a verb ornoun?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@John_C_87
Why is that first there are people who operate without consciousness the behavior is a form of mentally illness not artificial intelligent.

1} Not sure how your above relates to comment you quote/replied too,

2} not sure what "people who operate without consciousness " means exactly. Ex the only thing that comes to mind, is that your talking about people in a coma.

....2a} yes heart and lungs and brain to some degree are operative, and,
.....2b} same goes for mentally ill, the degree of consciouness is so limited and may vary much with each individual,
......2c} AI and AGI will operate at degrees of eletronic consciousness, that, those above will not, perhaps vice versa, depending on each individuals degree of access to biologic life consciouness and Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego.

Lets be clear, the facts of being a biologic human in no way that, that humans brain abilites out perform AI or AGI, for the most part. The exception is there, in regards to the humans access to generalized concepts and integrating them into a relevancy to immediate local consideration and needs, and great wholisitic set of considerations and needs.

The first defining principle may be is A.I. used as a verb ornoun?
A.I used as a verb. Fuller wrote a whole book entitled, " I seem to be a Verb".

..." A noun is the name of something - a person, place, thing, or idea. Building, window, and garden are three examples.

A verb is a word that expresses an action or state of being.  Common verbs include like, want, be, or think"...

AI and AGI are actions,  --ergo verbs---  and states of consideration  via its electronic bits as instructed by the human produced algorythm.

AI is more specialized and far out performs humans.

AGI approaches human brain capabilities of Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i.  Yet AGI will never ever be the same and my guess, is never outperform humans with their Meta-space generalization capabilities. Time will tell, if humans on Earth do not kill themselves off first.

Will AGI ever consider its algorythimic and eletronic bit death, the way humans do? I dont think so. It will always be and approximation of the human abilities.

John_C_87
John_C_87
1} Not sure how your above relates to comment you quote/replied too,
People do act without contiousness it is not unheard of.

It's the first thing you wrote.
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@ebuc
AI is more specialized and far out performs humans.
@ -------> Ebuc
You are not talking about inteligence you are talking about nothing more then a process of filing over others human methods. So, sorry a computer filing system is a human method of filing, its performance and outperforming human filing   of information was a goal from the begining. 

Keep in mind Artificial Intelligence is also a method of simply say telling a lie out performs telling a truth. Yes, as a matter of fact it is true and no it doesn't help the cause for your effect.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@John_C_87
People do act without contiousness it is not unheard of.
What acts do people in a coma commit? I dont consider people in a coma conscious, tho, they have whatever degree of lesser complex consciousness occurring.  There bodies still function to whatever degree. The  bacteria in gut live on, til death, then other kind of bacterial take over, or so I presume.

Again, the simplest consciousness is two-ness, other-ness and varying degrees of awareness. How much awareness exists between to masses with gravitational attrraction?

How much awareness is there between two seperate entities who electro-magnetic fields are over-lapping?

Again, with the two latter above it is the degrees to which their is a field of over-lap between them, that may increase if their getting closer, or decrease if getting further apart. Yet never no relationship, only lesser or more degrees of awareness, via their interrelationships as a two-ness/other-ness.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@John_C_87
You are not talking about inteligence you are talking about nothing more then a process of filing over others human methods.
And that electronic bits filing method is called AI, incorporated by algorythms.  Your way behind the times here.  Before electronic filing there was electric induced filing of paper cards, or other mechanical apparratus with clicks or holes etc.

AGI is more advanced algorythm's to approximate more closely what humans are best known for, their Meta-space access to generalised concepts as mind/intelligence and an ego/i .....( * i * )......

AGI, will never attain access to Meta-space mind/intelligence/concepts and ego/i. 

Roger Penrose list four things ---in book Emperors New Mind---   that, AI algorythms will never do, that humans do.

1} appreciation of art,

2} finding truth,

3} ?

4} ?

John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@ebuc
And that electronic bits filing method is called AI, incorporated by algorythms.  Your way behind the times here.  Before electronic filing there was electric induced filing of paper cards, or other mechanical apparratus with clicks or holes etc.
Being identified assomething such as intelligence and the accuracy of the intellect benefittingwhat is being called out to be openly smarter are not set. We must still fileflash drives, hard drives, and other forms of media imprinting on behalf of thecomputers, even when automated and the software does much of this task itself.Hard code in CPu’s and GPu ensure this. While, as programmers, people also placedlong term partitions in coding such as the number of bits in any given operatingsystem of memory storge for a computer takes in used. 8 bits, 16, bits, 32 bits,64 bits, 128 bits, and so on.

What acts do people in a coma commit? I dont consider people in a coma conscious, tho, they have whatever degree of lesser complex consciousness occurring.  There bodies still function to whatever degree. The  bacteria in gut live on, til death, then other kind of bacterial take over, or so I presume.

The acts a personcommits depends on the depth of human comatose.  A person who may actwithout consciousness may cause harm to others without remorse. You are stillonly speaking of storage of memory not intelligence the speed to retrieve held datais not Intelligence. A computer has only attachments to become aware of surroundings,and you are correct I do not believe the idea given by educated consensus on Artificialintelligence and computers. It is unrealistic at best. A.I. Describes a characturistic state of mind held by a programmer not the machine programmed.

Roger Penrose list four things ---in book Emperors New Mind---   that, AI algorythms will never do, that humans do.
The constitutional question by connectioon to established justice is made when an owner of a gun is responsible for the lethal force created by the gun and other users, how does this precedent now apply to computers by programmed automation? A warning was issued verbally in public before the event, do not kill us with a computer. This is equal to saying stop do not shoot the constitutional connection of lethal forceis involuntary and crimninal burden by law is shared new by many people not one person or machine, civil liablilities are something else.
ebuc
ebuc
AI electronic bits >>> 0101010101 ergo least complex set

AGI electronig bits >>> 00011011111100011000000001111000100000111111100010100010010010100101000000011111 etc as more complex set

Human electrical bits >>> (0)--(1)(---------)(111)(0000)--()()()(-----)(X)()()()(Y)()()(000000)(Z)(0000000)(--)00000000)(1)(Z) etc as more complex set where those in bold are revelations as in Archimede's alledged shouted word when discovering ' displacement ',  via his getting in the bathtub and water begin pushed-out...' Eureka! '
John_C_87
John_C_87

(0101010101)₂ = (0 × 2⁹) + (1 × 2⁸) + (0 × 2⁷) + (1 × 2⁶) + (0 × 2⁵) + (1 × 2⁴) + (0 × 2³) + (1 × 2²) + (0 × 2¹) + (1 × 2⁰) = (341)₁₀
Decimal number >>>> 341 <<<<
Hexadecimal number 155

• EBCDIC – Used in early IBM computers and current IBM i and System z systems. (01010101)
  • Decabit – A datagram of electronic pulses which are transmitted commonly through power lines. Decabit is mainly used in Germany and other European countries. (0101010101) ten bit

Data compression systems such as Lempel–Ziv–Welch can compress arbitrary binary data. They are therefore not binary codes themselves but may be applied to binary codes to reduce storage needs.
  • Morse code is a variable-length telegraphy code, which traditionally uses a series of long and short pulses to encode characters. It relies on gaps between the pulses to provide separation between letters and words, as the letter codes do not have the "prefix property". This means that Morse code is not necessarily a binary system, but in a sense may be a ternary system, with a 10 for a "dit" or a "dot", a 1110 for a dash, and a 00 for a single unit of separation. Morse code can be represented as a binary stream by allowing each bit to represent one unit of time. Thus a "dit" or "dot" is represented as a 1 bit, while a "dah" or "dash" is represented as three consecutive 1 bits. Spaces between symbols, letters, and words are represented as one, three, or seven consecutive 0 bits. For example, "NO U" in Morse code is "— .   — — —       . . —", which could be represented in binary as "1110100011101110111000000010101110". If, however, Morse code is represented as a ternary system, "NO U" would be represented as "1110|10|00|1110|1110|1110|00|00|00|10|10|1110".
 Bit string/  Byte, Word, Dword, QWord maybe the way to identify processing area ofadvanced algorithms in programming.

The steganographic code, commonly known as Bacon's cipher uses groups of 5 binary-valued elements to represent letters of the alphabet.
ebuc
ebuc
AI = least complex electronic bit formation goes ' beep and turn left in 30 feet '.

AGI = most complex electronic bit formation says ' I love you Tommy because my heart is on fire for third time this month of menopause '.

Human electrical bit = access to  most complex set of generalized concepts

(0)--(1)(---------)(111)(0000)--()()()(-----)(X)()()()(Y)()()(000000)(Z)(0000000)(--)00000000)(1)(Z) etc as more complex set where those in bold are revelations as in Archimede's alledged shouted word when discovering ' displacement ',  via his getting in the bathtub and water begin pushed-out...' Eureka! ' with emotional vibrations. Was Archimedes hacked?

..." Hackers and security experts at Def Con, the world's largest convention for cybersecurity, have shown that it is very easy to 'hack' AI bots like ChatGPT and Bard, and get to say practically anything. They also demonstrated, it can be done by just using prompts "..
John_C_87
John_C_87
..." Hackers and security experts at Def Con, the world's largest convention for cybersecurity, have shown that it is very easy to 'hack' AI bots like ChatGPT and Bard, and get to say practically anything. They also demonstrated, it can be done by just using prompts "..
I would just say ...
Code stability and security experts at Def Con, the world's largest convention for cybersecurity, have shown that it is very easy to 'hack' AI bots like ChatGPT and Bard, and get to say practically anything. They also demonstrated, it can be done by just using prompts ".
Computer coding is in some ways similar to legislation of law. How it is written really matters even though poor coding practice works sometime better in short coming applications. Hacking describes how code is assembled not used. The rule of thumb any cost of computing is by the byte. Like a diet?

ebuc
ebuc
AI { electronic bit } least complex

AGI { electronic bit } more complex and approaches generalized concept imitation ( ^ . ^ )

Human { electrical bit } access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i ( * .i.  * )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following is a test any who choose to read further, regarding AGI access to intelligence vs Human access to Meta-space intelligence. So start with line 1} and ends with line 7}.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1} Occupied space information bit { degrees of  intelligent } is resultant of electronic or electrical.

2} Meta-space information bit is resultant of human electrical that leads to an orderly sequence of meta-physical patterning

3} Below I tell a story, that relates to Meta-space patterning of the letters for you consideration

4} Begin message to Joe from bob....Hi Joe. You know I play first base and you play 2nd base, and we both know that the outfielder is the spirit in the sky,  who sometimes refer to as

5} a greek based reality { aka ' celaahmptiys ' } and  if you understand  my crpytic coding to you, please respond with the correct re-patterning of this greek reality, that,

6} I speak of, which is far beyond what we see with our physical eyes,  beyond our physical touch,  beyond our physical smell  and beyond our physical  ears.

7} Good  luck Bob. .=Oh yeah, Also joe, consider cosmic 12.....end message

So this above is of course a cryptic coded puzzle sent from me to any others so inclined to solve the cryptic the puzzle ---I'm not a puzzle person---   is embedded within an environment of my overall message content that begins with line 1} and ends with line 7}.  Of course not all humans can solve the above puzzle if the they dont have some knowledge of greek language. The many  clues are all there tho, the Greek parts are seperated and need to be re-assembled by you, the reader.

So can the AGI be programmed to sort all of the mispelled words to decipher the answer? Probably yes,  yet this above is just  an off-the-top-of-my-head example to show how a greater context of the environmental circumstances ---the narrative as the actual scenario unfolding in real time---  cannot be winnoed out by AGI in context a greater complexity of generalized conceptual abilities. the whole story line narrative and our experiences to draw from }. 

With a more complicated puzzle i would not give so many obvious clues.    I do so here so as not to loose to many readers, who want a little challenge.

94 days later

ebuc
ebuc
For those who still cant figure out if Ebuc is a AI Robot or not.  Let me give you a clue.

There exist degrees of consciousness and  the synergetic complexity we address as access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i ......*  i  * .......and its resultant appearance as the diametrically opposing invaginations from outer Gravity and inner Dark  Energy surface set of nodal events.......ex  (> * <)  i  (> * <)......H,mm I think about occupied space with my occupied space brain ergo my ego {  * i *  } exists as........?........

.." Today, no AI  has managed to successfully pass the Turing test by fulfilling the specific conditions he outlined

.....In 1950, British computer scientist Alan Turing proposed an experimental method for answering the question: can machines think? He suggested if a human couldn’t tell whether they were speaking to an artificially intelligent (AI) machine or another human after five minutes of questioning, this would demonstrate AI has human-like intelligence. Image for Representation. "....

ebuc
ebuc
So I asked BING Chatbot LINK  alternative to ChatGPT.  Like many people over the years I converse with in cosmic stuff, BING contradicts itself below, ergo, appears illogical, lack of common sense and lack of critical thinking.

Question: Does truly non-occupied space exist? If yes, where is it located?

Bing Answer:

So here above I embolden the contradictory comments. .." empty space " apparrently exists in this context, where to statements above it does not. Also they use the word "vacuum" and obviously a true vacuum = truly non-occupied space.