Disney must LOVE losing money, $900M and counting. Why? Simple. For going WOKE!!!!

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 34
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
According to box office analyst Valliant Renegade, The Walt Disney Co. has faced significant losses, nearing $900 million, on its last eight studio releases. Titles like "The Little Mermaid" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" haven't been able to deliver the expected results, adding to Disney's economic woes. In fact, two of their recent films, "Strange World" and "Lightyear," were outright flops.

Valliant Renegade then provides a hypothetical that each of the films could have received a $125 million of pay one window value if they had been licensed to another streaming platform. Multiply that by eight and the economic opportunity loss is $1 billion.

Diversity & Inclusion” for its own sake isn’t enough.

Race Swap: Diversity or Tokenism?

Disney Ruins ANOTHER Classic Film with Woke Affirmative Action Race-Swap Remake

Fans Complain About Disney’s New Tinker Bell

Making White Characters Black Isn't Progress—It's Pandering. And It Insults Black Fans Like Me | Opinion

Disney's new race-swapped Snow White movie removes dwarfs after accusations of ‘ableism’

When will the idiocy of liberal progressive pandering to the closet racist Social Justice Warriors within their own ranks!?!

Why is Disney, among other companies choosing the Woke Agenda, so damn willing to LOSE MONEY (i.e. PROFITS) over the ideological woke culture that does NOTHING to advance anything for anyone!?!

Discuss!
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Even the new Transformers Beast Wars movie was woke. 
It sucked. Bad storyline.
Bad characters.
Even familiar characters went off script from the previous movies and what fans have known since their inception. 
Pure garbage. 
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@TWS1405_2
Even the new Transformers Beast Wars movie was woke. 
Why? Too much black characters? 🤔

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
That’s pretty much what I got. The political right’s slogan needs to be more clearly defined;

“[Include too many black people], go broke”.

Doesn’t have the same ring to it, but at least it’s clear what they’re talking about.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
According to box office analyst Valliant Renegade, The Walt Disney Co. has faced significant losses, nearing $900 million, on its last eight studio releases. Titles like "The Little Mermaid" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" haven't been able to deliver the expected results, adding to Disney's economic woes. In fact, two of their recent films, "Strange World" and "Lightyear," were outright flops.

Valliant Renegade then provides a hypothetical that each of the films could have received a $125 million of pay one window value if they had been licensed to another streaming platform. Multiply that by eight and the economic opportunity loss is $1 billion.

Diversity & Inclusion” for its own sake isn’t enough.

Race Swap: Diversity or Tokenism?

Disney Ruins ANOTHER Classic Film with Woke Affirmative Action Race-Swap Remake

Fans Complain About Disney’s New Tinker Bell

Making White Characters Black Isn't Progress—It's Pandering. And It Insults Black Fans Like Me | Opinion

Disney's new race-swapped Snow White movie removes dwarfs after accusations of ‘ableism’

When will the idiocy of liberal progressive pandering to the closet racist Social Justice Warriors within their own ranks!?!

Why is Disney, among other companies choosing the Woke Agenda, so damn willing to LOSE MONEY (i.e. PROFITS) over the ideological woke culture that does NOTHING to advance anything for anyone!?!

Discuss!
Racist doesn't like diversity in movies, surprise surprise.
FLRW
FLRW

I was right, TWS is DeSantis.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
SW

Guess the black people commenting same as are racists too, that is, according to your idiotic take on the truth you hate. 

Making a remake race swapping well-established characters ≠ “diversity.” 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@IlDiavolo
Why? Too much black characters? 🤔
Much? Wow 🤦‍♂️ Awesome grammar there. 
Regardless, no. Not even close. 
Tell us you haven’t even seen the movie without telling us you haven’t seen the movie. 🙄
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
You’re just as wrong as he is. 
Clearly none of you are even remotely familiar with any of the movies mentioned in the OP, let along those referenced within the cited sources therein. 
Typical ignorant liberal “cry wolf” retort. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@FLRW
In your fictional world, perhaps. 
Either way, I live rent free in your head. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@TWS1405_2
Much? Wow 🤦‍♂️ Awesome grammar there. 
Tell us you haven’t even seen the movie without telling us you haven’t seen the movie. 🙄
To err is human... 😆

If it's not the characters, what might it be? I really don't see it, maybe I'm not paranoid enough. 

By the way, I'm not liberal but libertarian.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@IlDiavolo
You have heard of the DEI quotas for films if one wants any award nods, right? 

Transformers checked a lot of those boxes with both it’s human character cast AND the voiceover cast. Not that I care a lick about the voiceover cast, as I’m not invested in either the Autobots, deceptions, terrorcons, or any other robot’s voice. I’m invested in the robot characters in and of themselves and how their role plays out. 

This movie is set in 1994, and there just were not a lot of black female archaeologists/historians the.  The first one to get a doctorate in it and African studies was Singleton in 1980. 

But hey, I don’t see you commenting on the black and brown stereotypes of criminality and grand theft auto portrayed in the movie. 🤔 Even that annoyed me. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
In your fictional world, perhaps. 
Either way, I live rent free in your head. 
Black people live rent free in TWS's head.

So much so that there's no room for anything else.

TWS1405_2 is Black.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@TWS1405_2
I'm not going to lie, I really thought at the beginning that the movie was woke because of the characters, eventhough the main character seems to be more latino (caribbean) than black. But when I realized the director was also black it all made sense to me. I mean, I suppose a black director feels more confortable doing his job with people of his same community, I saw this behaviour in several american tv series, like the Rap Prince of Will Smith, for example. But I don't know, you tell me if I'm wrong.

As to the voice actors, most of them are well-known good actors, like the dwarf and the chinese (isnt she the Oscar winner?). So, I don't care if there was a quota system in the cast, what matters is that these actors do a good job, I think they did.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
New Inclusion Rules for films - “They make me vomit!
sadolite
sadolite
"ESG" The controller of all major corporations. Without a good ESG score they cant get lines of credit to operate. All major corporations operate using lines of credit. Without it they couldn't pay their vendors or make payroll. How do you keep your ESG score up? Comply with all ESG directives. This is why you see all these big companies going woke. Not because they give a shit but because they have no choice. "corporate social responsibility. " ESG has changed how capital allocation decisions are made by many of the largest financial services firms and asset managers in the world.

ESG is the wokedy woke police. 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@TWS1405_2

Discuss!
Because Disney is a witch coven that's attempting to ingratiate paganism with the populace, particularly the so-called, "Black," demographic. You are thinking far too small. $900 million is but a drop in the bucket for Disney, especially in its attempt to propagate its Luciferian practices and rituals, as well as enlist liberal so-called "Black" women to its cause.

Now taking off the tin-foil hat, in a less charged context, one shouldn't object to changes in stories that are owned by Disney. Disney can do whatever it wants with its properties. The fact that you overly concern yourself with these changes speaks more to your issues, than it does with Disney's.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Athias
Disney can do whatever it wants with its properties. The fact that you overly concern yourself with these changes speaks more to your issues, than it does with Disney's. 
Wrong. It’s about money and making it, not burning it via piss poor business decisions. That’s why many people are talking about it. Not just me. 

Your asinine appeal to ridicule was duly noted, btw. Speaks more to your personal issues than it does with your ability to handle the truth. 
Athias
Athias
-->
@TWS1405_2
Wrong. It’s about money and making it, not burning it via piss poor business decisions. That’s why many people are talking about it. Not just me. 
Disney is reported to be worth about $160  billion. $900 million is about 0.6% of their net worth--i.e. a drop in the bucket. Whatever they lose in their "woke" re-imaginations, they can make up with their other properties. And I suspect they wouldn't mind losing more if it means pedaling their ideas.

I'm not the one concerned with Ariel or Snow White. I couldn't care less. Why do you?

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Athias

Through the progressive PC crap, 6 dwarf actors and their stunt doubles are shut out of the SW remake. Why? Just to hire a “diverse” group of normal actors to check the SJW/PC boxes!?! Pure insanity. And no Prince Charming per the Hispanic actress playing SNOW WHITE! Gal Gadot is regretting her decision to be in this movie, that’s for sure. It’s all about feminism and making a girl boss out of the lead character. It will flop as all the other movies have that cost Disney $900M. 

Hugh Grant is playing a dwarf role in the prequel Wonka. That’s just bonkers!!! 

Athias
Athias
-->
@TWS1405_2
You should really read the material you cite:

Either way, the cost-cutting venture that the company has enacted to save $1.5 to $1.8 billion could end up costing them somewhere near $1.9 billion. We are unsure how this works or why the company would want to purge these titles to save money when they also lose a staggering amount.
Then again, we would imagine that this is a proverbial drop in the bucket for Disney, as they can easily make $2 billion back between all the media companies under the umbrella of the House of Mouse.
How is this much different from what I just stated? (We even used the same idiom--i.e. "drop in the bucket.") Not to mention, this source doesn't inform on how Disney's "Woke" agenda is costing them money; only how a misguided cost-cutting move backfired.

Why? Just to hire a “diverse” group of normal actors to check the SJW/PC boxes!?! Pure insanity. And no Prince Charming per the Hispanic actress playing SNOW WHITE! Gal Gadot is regretting her decision to be in this movie, that’s for sure. It’s all about feminism and making a girl boss out of the lead character. It will flop as all the other movies have that cost Disney $900M. 
Then let Disney suffer the consequences of its decisions. Why are you so hung up?

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Athias
Cherry picker. 🤦‍♂️🙄🤦‍♂️
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
You’re just as wrong as he is. 
Then instead of just calling is wrong and then ignorant you could… I don’t know… provide an argument.

The original assertion was that you appear to be defining “woke” as; “the inclusion black people”. If that’s not your working definition feel free to correct it.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Then instead of just calling is wrong and then ignorant you could… I don’t know… provide an argument.
Then instead of just scrolling past my replies and then making stupid replies like this…I don’t know…actually read what I wrote. 

I’ve provided an argument, you just scrolled past it. 

And quote me accurately when claiming what/how I define things. What you provided for my definition of “woke” is a flat out strawman fallacy. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@TWS1405_2
New Inclusion Rules for films - “They make me vomit!
Well he probably makes women vomit. 
L.A. Writer Says Richard Dreyfuss Sexually Harassed and Exposed Himself to Her in the 1980s

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@FLRW
Genetic fallacy. Strawman fallacy. 

Prove it. 

Either way, what Dreyfus said is factually accurate about the set of acting and movie making. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
I’ve provided an argument, you just scrolled past it. 
You haven’t defined woke anywhere in this thread.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
[Double_R] Then instead of just calling is wrong and then ignorant you could… I don’t know… provide an argument.
[TWS] Then instead of just scrolling past my replies and then making stupid replies like this…I don’t know…actually read what I wrote. 
TWS said:

He doesn't need to make an argument to deny your speculation about a secret meaning for the words he used.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
He doesn't need to make an argument to deny your speculation about a secret meaning for the words he used.
No one needs to make an argument, carrying oneself respectably doesn’t need to be a priority for anyone who doesn’t care about that sort of thing.

If he didn’t want to engage in the very reasonable speculation regarding his position, he didn’t need to respond at all.

8 days later

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@TWS1405_2
Disney must LOVE losing money, $900M and counting. Why? Simple. For going WOKE!!!!
They’re so woke that even their jewish writes and actors are boycotting them