Simple Question.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 77
Average_Person
Debates: 20
Average_Person
-->
@Best.Korea
I feel the argument of "trans-age" can go wrong in multiple ways.

(e.g. criminal system)
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Average_Person
The way 'Freud meant it, I doubt it.
Assuming he meant that all or nearly all girls experience such.

But it wouldn't surprise me if 'individuals can develop complexes, over various differences in life.
Depending on the individuals nature and nurture.
Average_Person
Debates: 20
Average_Person
ah kk thx for clarification
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
What do genitals have to do with gender? You almost never see them before you have mentally assigned a gender to a person therefore I can only conclude they are unimportant in making the assessment. 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
What do genitals have to do with gender? You almost never see them before you have mentally assigned a gender to a person therefore I can only conclude they are unimportant in making the assessment. 
There are 2 genders.
Male/Man
Female/Woman

Each gender has a specific set of genitals and bodily structures that make them different from each other. 

Only chromosomes can truly define someone's gender, but we use genitals and body structure to more easily observe someone's gender. 

You are either born male, or born female. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
What your describing is actually biological sex and though there are a few non binary outliers you are in general correct that most folks are born one or the other. You cannot however see a person's genitals or chromosomes when you are making the judgment that they are a man or a woman. Therefore you must be assessing their gender by other criteria. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
What your describing is actually biological sex and though there are a few non binary outliers you are in general correct that most folks are born one or the other. You cannot however see a person's genitals or chromosomes when you are making the judgment that they are a man or a woman. Therefore you must be assessing their gender by other criteria. 
Gender is the same thing as biological sex. Gender is just an easier way to say biological sex. 

Everyone is either born as a man, or a woman. 
No one is born both, or neither. 

Also I would like to point out that you completely disregarded my point about how body structure also plays a role in determining gender/sex. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Let us say you see an adult human. That adult human is slim. They have long wavy hair and are wearing high heels. They have tasteful makeup and a lovely perfume. 

Am I describing a man or a woman?

How did you come to the determination that you did?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
Let us say you see an adult human. That adult human is slim. They have long wavy hair and are wearing high heels. They have tasteful makeup and a lovely perfume. 

Am I describing a man or a woman?

How did you come to the determination that you did?
A woman because women tend to have a more slim figure, and women tend to wear things like makeup and perfume, and high heels.

Women also (this is biological too) tend to have longer hair than men do.

So I would assume it's a woman. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
A woman because women tend to have a more slim figure, and women tend to wear things like makeup and perfume, and high heels.
I didn't actually mention any gender. But let's agree for the sake of this argument that I am definitely describing a woman because we associate all these traits with femininity. Now tell me how you know the person I have described doesn't have a penis without tossing up her skirt which I believe is illegal in most states?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
I didn't actually mention any gender. But let's agree for the sake of this argument that I am definitely describing a woman because we associate all these traits with femininity. Now tell me how you know the person I have described doesn't have a penis without tossing up her skirt which I believe is illegal in most states?
Well, I would use my advanced human attention to detail skills, and go from there. Some traits you can't quite explain in words, you just know.

Like hand size, head shape, shoulder width, hip length, etc. 

I would use my human attention to detail skills. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You seriously believe that you could tell by sight everyone who has a penis without seeing their penis? I'm going to go ahead and say that I don't actually believe you. I think human bodies vary and you will occasionally be fooled even by those who are not transgender. I think that if you saw a very feminine drag queen who identified as a man out of the context of a drag show that you would be unlikely to know it at first glance. I am unconvinced that you would necessarily know at all without being told.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
You seriously believe that you could tell by sight everyone who has a penis without seeing their penis?
Yes. I do? Because I'm not a weirdo who needs to see peoples genitals to know if they are a guy or girl. It's called observation skills. 

I'm going to go ahead and say that I don't actually believe you.
Ok.

I think human bodies vary and you will occasionally be fooled even by those who are not transgender.
I have never met a Transgender person that has tricked me into thinking they are the opposite sex. Never in my life. Not even online. 

I think that if you saw a very feminine drag queen who identified as a man out of the context of a drag show that you would be unlikely to know it at first glance. I am unconvinced that you would necessarily know at all without being told.
Well I would obviously know a drag queen is a man........given the name drag queen. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
I have never met a Transgender person that has tricked me into thinking they are the opposite sex. Never in my life. Not even online. 
That you know of. Obviously if they "tricked you" or "fooled you" or more accurately if they presented the gender they identify with as opposed to their assigned birth gender then you wouldn't know it.

See what I'm saying here?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
That you know of. Obviously if they "tricked you" or "fooled you" or more accurately if they presented the gender they identify with as opposed to their assigned birth gender then you wouldn't know it.
Yeah, but I don't hang around mentally ill people, so I wouldn't have to worry about that either. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Who is talking about mentally ill people? We are discussing drag queens and transsexuals. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
Who is talking about mentally ill people? We are discussing drag queens and transsexuals. 
Exactly. Mentally I'll people. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I think you are conflating two entirely different concepts. Until you can unravel them I'm not sure how useful a discussion we can have. It would be like me saying that being a heterosexual sis person were a mental illness. You see how that sort of ad hominem even if not directed at your interlocutor is counterproductive. 

It gives the impression that you would rather slander people who have never taken enough interest in you to do you a bad turn than have an honest dialogue even with a neutral third party.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
By 1973 – following years of activism by LGBTQ trailblazers and after the iconic Stonewall Riots – homosexuality was officially removed from the   Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)and was no longer considered a “mental illness.” Prior to this decision, the classification meant people could be institutionalized against their will, fired from their job, and denied a mortgage, among many other consequences, some of which still exist today.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
I think you are conflating two entirely different concepts. Until you can unravel them I'm not sure how useful a discussion we can have. It would be like me saying that being a heterosexual sis person were a mental illness.
Oh, I think you are misunderstanding. 
I wasn't referring to homosexuals. 

I was more referring to transexuals. Their whole ideology is based upon delusion. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There is no transsexual ideology there are only people who are transsexuals and people who are not.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
"If your genitals don't define your gender, then why does removing them affirm your gender?" 

It doesn't, children are just being taught and indoctrinated to believe it does to normalize depravity.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
There is no transsexual ideology there are only people who are transsexuals and people who are not.
There is a transexual ideology. 

In order to be transgender, you have to believe that a man can become a woman, and that a woman can become a man. 
That belief is an idea, not a fact. It is an ideology. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
In order to be transgender, you have to believe that a man can become a woman, and that a woman can become a man. 
This shows a misunderstanding of what transgenderism actually is. A trans woman is a woman both before and after they actually transition.

They are not changing into women they always were women. All that is changing is now they presenting as one so that people like you will recognize their very basic right to be treated like a woman.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
A trans woman is a woman both before and after they actually transition.
No, they are not. 
They were born with a penis, no ovaries, and XY chromosomes. 
They are biologically, not a woman period. 

They are not changing into women they always were women.
Again, no they weren't. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
They were born with a penis, no ovaries, and XY chromosomes. 
Stop trying to see if people have penises. It isn't any of your business whether or not a woman has a penis and whether or not she does you may not look up her skirt to find out.
They are not changing into women they always were women.
Again, no they weren't. 
Well they say they were always women. Are you saying that you are a better judge of a person's identity than they are? That seems rude and arrogant and dismissive of the autonomy of others. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Stop trying to see if people have penises. 
I'm not. I am just stating the fact that if a person has  those qualities then they are a man and forever will be a man. 

Well they say they were always women. Are you saying that you are a better judge of a person's identity than they are?
I could say I was always black. Doesn't make me black. Yes I think if a man is delusional enough to belive that they are a woman then it is safe to say that I am at that moment a better judge of what gender they are. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@secularmerlin
Forgot to tag
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I could say I was always black. Doesn't make me black.
Oh really? Where exactly is the cut off where a light skinned black person becomes a white person? Or perhaps it is not so cut and dry as all that. Perhaps race is a social construct that sometimes has as much or more to do with the self identity of an individual than any actual societal expectations?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Me:Stop trying to see if people have penises. 
Yo: I'm not.
Then you are judging by criteria other than penis ownership