I cant follow The Old Testament and the New Testament, so I follow cherry picked The New Testament

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 13
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
To me, The New Testament is a literal contradiction to The Old Testament.

Jesus and God in The Old Testament have literally nothing in common.

Jesus teaches love. God of The Old Testament literally just teaches war and killing.

Jesus loves children and says they should never be harmed.
God of The Old Testament sends two bears to kill 40 children.
How can anyone believe that these two are the same God is beyond me.

In fact, Jesus died exactly to abolish almost everything that god of The Old Testament did and promoted: Circumcision, Judgment, revenge, death for working on saturday, other types of death penalty used in The Old Testament, wars, God cherry-picking Israel while rejecting other nations.

So yeah, The Old Testament goes to shit.

Now, about The New Testament. The New Testament pretty much commands you to get yourself killed for Jesus and hate your life in order to enter heaven.

It also commands entirely unrealistic judgment towards homosexuals while at the same time tells us not to judge.

It also commands to marry, while at the same time says that 144,000 who entered heaven were all unmarried, while everyone else was killed and cast to hell.

Yeah, really gotta cherry pick what to follow and what not to follow.

I follow The New Testament, but only the parts that I cherry picked from it.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
The whole bible is a walking contradiction. 😆

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Best.Korea
how does that process of conversion take place internally within you? one day you're anti gay and the bible is inerrant, then suddently all that changes... why doesn't just a belief or two just gradually change, why do you do such a 180 degree turn around on so much all at once? did you feel a tension or realize you were wrong for a long time and got tired of fighting it? tell me about that conversion process for so much of your beliefs. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@n8nrgim
Its because I am mentally weak. I dont commit to anything, really.
In fact, I am literally incapable of building a relationship with anything or anyone. I just do it while its fun and abandon it when something better appears.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Best.Korea
at least u r self aware. i think most people are combative when you ask them how they can have such drastic conversions. drastic sudden full on conversions dont make sense, that's not a natural way of changing. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
st paul wrote most of the new testament. i think there's a real question if he intended his letters to be considered the word of god. that's quite a far out claim. he was just writing his letters to guide early christians the best he knew how. it's a wild claim to just assume God meant for an infallible groups of letters and writings to be collected. it's a non sequirter. 'we know the bible is true cause we're told by christians that it's true'. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Best K.

If I've told once, I've told you a hundred times.

The Bible is just nonsense written by daft blokes.

Especially the first bit.

And Jesus loves children.

Yep I'm guessing that's why he never married, and why he was executed by the Romans  for being the leader of the biggest paedo club in the "Holy Land".

Also known as the Apostles.

Interpretation BK.

Interpretation.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Jesus and God in The Old Testament have literally nothing in common.

Yep. New age different god.

I follow The New Testament, but only the parts that I cherry picked from it.

At least you are being honest. Let's see if you can keep it up.  Which parts do you follow and why?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
Which parts do you follow and why?
I follow Jesus's Commands:

1. Do not commit adultery
2. Do not kill
3. Do not steal
4. Do not bear false witness
5. Do not defraud
6. Honor thy father and mother

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Which parts [of the new Testament] do you follow and why?
I follow Jesus's Commands:.................

6. Honor thy father and mother

Such as this:?
And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Matthew 23:9 

And this:?

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:26 

14 days later

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
that really doesn't surprise me. Harikrish. 
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@Best.Korea
Not a contradiction.  The old testament was a "school master" as it said in the New Testament.

Jesus was the same God as the old testament and new.  The Mosaic law (old testament) was the thing that pointed to Jesus and his salvation.  When Jesus comes on the scene, he didn't follow all the Jewish laws, because he was the law giver and knew why the Mosaic law was written.  He was wanting others to love him like Abraham did (before the law), like King David did (during the law) and like Paul (after the law).

There is no cherry picking needed when you understand the reason for the Mosaic law.

31 days later

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
The NT is a commentary on the OT.Â