Texas Republicans are purposely drowning immigrants on the Rio Grande. Try that in a small town!

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 39
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Republicans are not pro-life. If they were they wouldn’t set up dangerous obstacles that lead to the drowning of migrants.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Strawman.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Strawman argument, and no surprise IWRA started this thread.

I mean FFS, no one needs to open a new thread to [know] who it is when it comes to IWRA. 

How about an actual stated position, in context, with one or two cut-n-pasted quotes from the article, or any article, you cherry pick them from that “might” substantiate said position when made…rather than this childishly fallacious strawman garbage you keep spamming DART’s Forum with. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain

Strawman. Banal. False equivalency. Fallacious fellatio.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
How about an actual stated position
Republicans are a disgrace because they are willing to kill children trying to come across the border.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
How about an actual stated position
Republicans are a disgrace because they are willing to kill children trying to come across the border.

Migrants, children included, dead under Democratic administration:

Democratic administration polices are a failure:

And then there is forced labor of migrants under this Democratic administration:

Last but not least, no one is killing anyone who are trying to ILLEGALLY cross the border. What they are doing is in violation of a sovereign nation’s laws…equivalent to “Swim at your own risK, no lifeguard on duty” sign. If you are committing a crime, you assume the risk. No one in this country is actively partaking in the “killing” of anyone illegally crossing the border as you fallaciously AND ignorantly assert.
FLRW
FLRW

wE Trumpf vooetrs dunt mine kiling emmegrants we just dunt wnt to kill poor blak feti.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
I want to talk to you about why it's bad to treat migrants bad. It's actually really easy to understand!

First, let's talk about what a migrant is. A migrant is a person who moves from one place to another. Sometimes, they move because they want to, but other times they have to move because they're in danger or they don't have enough food or water where they're from.

Now, imagine if you had to move to a new place where you don't know anyone. It would be scary, right? You might feel sad and lonely because you miss your friends and family. That's how some migrants feel.

But some people are mean to migrants. They say mean things to them or don't let them come into their country. That's not nice at all!

Everyone should be treated with kindness and love. Just because someone is from a different country doesn't mean they're bad. They're just like you and me, but they speak a different language and they eat different foods.

If we're mean to migrants, they might feel like they're not welcome anywhere. That's really sad. We want to make sure everyone feels loved and welcome.

And did you know that migrants can actually help our country? They can bring new ideas and skills that we don't have. Plus, they can work hard and pay taxes, which helps our country too.

So, it's not nice to be mean to migrants. We want to be kind and welcoming to everyone, no matter where they're from. That's the right thing to do.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

How did Thanksgiving come about. Wasn't that Native Americans welcoming the Pilgrims?
prefix
Debates: 7
prefix
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Republicans are .... willing to kill children trying to come across the border.
Children have been  dying crossing the Rio. even without your political and divisive comment.

Death knows no party.

If you want to stop the deaths....stop ILLEGAL immigration.

"Four migrants, including an infant, drowned in the Rio Grande River over 3-day period, official says...The drownings come just days before Texas officials are expected to begin establishing a floating water barrier along parts of the Rio Grande in an attempt to deter illegal border crossings....In recent years, migrants have resorted to increasingly risky – and often fatal – paths to evade detection and enter the US. Near Eagle Pass in March, a migrant was found dead among a dozen people stowed away in a train car.
2022 was the deadliest year so far for migrants crossing the US-Mexico border, with at least 748 people dying at the border, CNN has reported."  ( emphasis mine so readers do not miss the key points)

Maybe you mean that those who are against stopping illegal immigration are "willing to kill children trying to come across the border."

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@prefix
If you want to stop the deaths....stop ILLEGAL immigration.
That won’t stop the deaths, just the location where they die

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Migrants, children included, dead under Democratic administration:
The actions of Texas, over the objections of the Biden Administration, are causing these deaths. That’s why this whistle blower wrote his letter. Maybe Biden should arrest governor Abbott. You know the guy, he’s the asshole in the wheelchair 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
No one in this country is actively partaking in the “killing” of anyone illegally crossing the border as you fallaciously AND ignorantly assert.
False. Texans are putting up dangerous barriers that at harming people. I’m sure even you can understand, if you put up a booby trap to stop someone (a child perhaps) from breaking into your home, you are going to be held legally responsible for their death in court and be sent to prison.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
And then there is forced labor of migrants under this Democratic administration:
Unbelievable. Only you would give this story that you cited the title:

Forced Labor Migrants under this Democratic Administration Lol!

It’s a story of how the BA is cracking down on Republican businessmen who exploit migrant labor because Republican Congressmen won’t protect them from exploitation 

“In response, the Biden administration on Monday announced it would carry out a broad crackdown on the use of migrant child labor in the United States, vowing stricter enforcement of labor standards and better support for migrant children”

“At least a dozen migrant child workers have been killed on the job since 2017, according to The New York Times”

And according to your own article, they were killed during the Trump Administration.
prefix
prefix
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I posted "If you want to stop the deaths....stop ILLEGAL immigration."

You then posted 

That won’t stop the deaths, just the location where they die
Kindly explain that comment. Where would they die?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@prefix
Kindly explain that comment. Where would they die?
Geez prefix, do you not read the papers? These people are fleeing violence in their home countries.

Start here:

If I asked you why did the Irish come to this country, would you think of the potato famine?

prefix
prefix
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I can see that you do not understand the issue at all. We are not dealing with the CAUSE of illegal immigration, but rather with the resultant loss of life from it.

If the only entry from Mexico to the USA was though LEGAL CHANNELS, would the number of people drowning ( e.g.) not drop?

And as you need a narrow model of reality, I am speaking here of drownings related to persons attempting a dangerous river crossing ( e.g. ).

In the National Park near me there was a trail that turned out to be too dangerous to travel. So what did the NPS do? Did they blame the Republicans? NO.
Did they ask for understanding that the injured persons were just "trying for a better hike"? NO.

The NPS securely CLOSED THE PATH. Injuries went away. 

If the ONLY way in to the USA was through LEGAL CHANNELS, the coyotes would close up shop, and deaths would decline.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@prefix
In the National Park near me there was a trail that turned out to be too dangerous to travel. So what did the NPS do? Did they blame the Republicans? NO.
Did they ask for understanding that the injured persons were just "trying for a better hike"? NO.
Well, this nuance would most certainly already have been covered by a Wapo propagandist opinion piece that cultists could readily copy and paste as a sign of grace and worship...
Verified by 57 government agencies of course.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@prefix
If the only entry from Mexico to the USA was though LEGAL CHANNELS, would the number of people drowning ( e.g.) not drop?
That’s kinda like saying if you deny contraception to teens you prevent them from having sex. Of course that’s ridiculous, all you’ll do is increase the likelihood of an unwanted pregnancy.

the coyotes would close up shop, and deaths would decline.
Ya, everyone who tries to come to this country is brought by a coyote. (sarcasm)

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
If the ONLY way in to the USA was through LEGAL CHANNELS, the coyotes would close up shop, and deaths would decline.
Or, or, hear me out, if there was an adequate legal way to enter the country, not just one for wealthy and educated people, there wouldn’t be any illegal immigration, because people would use the legal method. 

Of course many Americans (idiot Trumpers) think most immigrants come here to commit crimes.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@prefix
The NPS securely CLOSED THE PATH. Injuries went away. 
Why didn’t they modify the trail to make it safe? That likely would have been the best course of action if everyone concerned.

prefix
prefix
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Why didn’t they modify the trail to make it safe? That likely would have been the best course of action if everyone concerned.

Do you mean make it safe by placing a barrier to prevent people from using the dangerous route?  Do you mean make it safe by closing the access to the danger?

That’s kinda like saying if you deny contraception to teens you prevent them from having sex. Of course that’s ridiculous, all you’ll do is increase the likelihood of an unwanted pregnancy.
This is a non congruent argument. Are the immigrants the teens?  They can't have sex in Mexico? And just who is getting screwed?

Ya, everyone who tries to come to this country is brought by a coyote. (sarcasm)
Here is what NPR says "Though specific statistics are hard to confirm, it is believed that a large percentage of immigrants illegally crossing the border into the U.S. have done so with the help of what's commonly known as a coyote ..."  https://www.npr.org/2012/04/19/150973748/inside-the-hidden-world-of-immigrant-smuggling

Now you need to understand the economics at play when aiding illegal immigration becomes a source of income. The illegal acts become more and more prominent.

Or, or, hear me out, if there was an adequate legal way to enter the country, not just one for wealthy and educated people, there wouldn’t be any illegal immigration, because people would use the legal method. 
"....adequate legal way" ????? It already exists. 

See "U.S. Immigration, Explained
A step-by-step guide to the U.S. immigration process." 
https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/us-immigration-explained/
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
[IwantRooseveltagain] I’m sure even you can understand, if you put up a booby trap to stop someone (a child perhaps) from breaking into your home, you are going to be held legally responsible for their death in court and be sent to prison.
I wouldn't convict if a child trying to circumvent a locked door by climbing on the roof died.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@prefix
Do you mean make it safe by placing a barrier to prevent people from using the dangerous route?  Do you mean make it safe by closing the access to the danger?
These options are the same. Do you think modify the trail means - block it off? Most people would think it means fix the trail, right?

prefix
prefix
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
 Do you think modify the trail means - block it off? Most people would think it means fix the trail, right?
When people are DYING or DROWNING the situation becomes an EMERGENCY.

By all means BLOCK OFF ACCESS to the danger. YES YES YES. That's what you do in an emergency ( unless those lives have no meaning to you)

Then FIX the issue ( which has not been done at the border )

The humane thing to do is 

#1 BLOCK OFF ACCESS 
#2 FIX the issue

We haven't even gotten to #1 yet.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@prefix
Putting a floating barrier was not enough to keep people from trying. It simply made it more likely people would drown trying.

If they really wanted to prevent people from drowning they would build a bridge across the river. But there priority is keeping migrants away from the border, not preventing drowning of children or any other migrants.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I wouldn't convict if a child trying to circumvent a locked door by climbing on the roof died.
Installing floating barriers of razor wire is more akin to setting a booby trap than locking a door.

prefix
prefix
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
If they really wanted to prevent people from drowning they would build a bridge across the river. But there priority is keeping migrants away from the border, not preventing drowning of children or any other migrants.
And your priority is to allow the status quo. Let them drown. Let them die in the semi trailer. Let them die walking across the desert.

My solution is to ENFORCE already existing laws.

I could cite reams of sources in support of my position ( i.e. support LEGAL immigration ), but I fear you will disregard the facts.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@prefix
My solution is to ENFORCE already existing laws.

I could cite reams of sources in support of my position
You write in a very unclear manner.
prefix
prefix
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Is it unclear to you?

Cite one point that you feel needs clarified.