Where there are three physicians, there are two atheists.

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 11
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
I really wouldnt wish to be atheist again. I enjoy talking with God and praying. I dont see why would someone want to be an atheist.
Like, where is justice in the world without God?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
In contrast, why is there injustice permitted with God?

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Thank God that Putin is not an Atheist.  He frequently demonstrates his Russian Orthodox faith in public in front of cameras. He wears a gold cross around his neck (under his clothing), which he says was “miraculously saved” from a fire in his house many years ago — stating the event was one of the turning points in his life of faith.  So God can save Putin but not a 7 year old kid with cancer?
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
@FLRW
Eh, I dont know. Ask God why.

It is good to have God who cares for me.
Having God who cares for me makes me feel happy.
I know that no matter what happens, there will be God with me, always.
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Are you stating things or asking things?
FLRW
FLRW

This was in the headlines today.  Former pastor arrested in 1975 murder of young girl walking to his church.
Math_Enthusiast
Debates: 8
Math_Enthusiast
-->
@Best.Korea
I really wouldnt wish to be atheist again. I enjoy talking with God and praying. I dont see why would someone want to be an atheist.
It isn't exactly the easiest thing to force yourself to believe in something that you are confident was false. I sometimes miss the excitement I used to feel on Christmas Eve thinking that Santa was coming. That doesn't mean I can just make myself believe in Santa to experience it again. I know Santa is not real, and there isn't much I can do to change that. For that matter, even though I sometimes miss those Christmases, I am satisfied that I have knowledge that I did not have then. I am happy with the less exciting truth, rather than a pleasant falsehood.

Applying all of this to God, for one thing, atheists do not want to be theists because we prefer knowing the truth to a pleasant delusion, and for another, even if we wanted to be theists, we couldn't. There is your answer for why so many people are atheists.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Best.Korea
I'm not sure what wanting has to do with it. You are either convinced of a proposition or you are. This has everything to do with how compelling you find the evidence and nothing to do with how compelling you wish the evidence were. 
Which god? What do you kean by justice? 

12 days later

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Good point.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.

Or so they say.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea

Like I have said to you just recently. You theist never seem to think before you post.

"like" -  where is the justice in the world WITH GOD considering  that you believe that god DOES exists and is real?