Just Give Us One Miracle

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 102
Vegasgiants
Debates: 4
Vegasgiants
-->
@IlDiavolo
Look it up.  Science only offers evidence not proof because there are too.mamy variables involved.  There is always a alternate possible explanation for anything in  Science no matter how far fetched.

But 1 plus 1 will always be 2

Only math has proofs
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
God exists outside the laws of science that we exist in. Heck, he created them.
That means that in the universe God created for us, a rule is that something cannot come from nothing. 
You're begging the question but let's set that aside.

You assert that the laws of science apply to the universe, which I think we all accept. But you're using this argument to reach beyond the universe, that does not apply.

Big bang cosmology begins with a single point where everything in known existence densely resided. This is called the singularity. In science, a singularity is a point where the laws of not just of physics but also math and logic break down. What big bang cosmology asserts is that it was during the big bang explosion where the laws of the universe themselves came into existence. So in other words, much like your assertion of God, the singularity is not subject to the laws of the universe.

Therefore there is not one single problem you have raised for which God answers and cannot be applied to the singularity. You say God always existed, but you disregard that possibility towards the singularity. That's special pleading.

Here, let's take a step back from big bang cosmology and look at it from a much simpler perspective; why is there something rather than nothing?

You assert God. Ok, so is God a something or nothing?

If God is nothing, then he cannot logically be asserted as the cause for everything as that is self contradictory.

So God must be a something. Your answer to the question is this that the reason there is a something is because of something. But something cannot cause something's own existence, so "something" cannot be the answer to this question.

There is no third option here, as nothing is simply the negation of something.

So in other words, just like the singularity, there is no logically valid answer to this question. The proper response is therefore "I don't know".
b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I don't say that the Big Bang was a miracle; I say that it is a mystery.
Everything else is explainable by the laws of physics.
Belief in a Christian god, on the other hand, entails many more mysteries.
I keep posting this on different threads but I don't get much engagement about it. I'm not sure why.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, I constantly promote the simulation idea. 

As in functionality can only reproduce a simulation.

So in that context, a GOD realm might exist.

Similarly, we might be GODS.
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
in the afterlife maybe but saying we are demigods in this life is sheer arrogance.

As for 'gods' I don't really think there are multiple gods, I have come to the conclusion there has to be a godmother or godfather and since only females do the 'true' procreation in all species on Earth it's more suitable to think of her as a godmother. Seahorses can be left out of this discussion.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Well.

Procreation tends to be the result of binary fusion.

So one might suggest that GOD is hermaphroditic. 

So Seahorses might also be relevant.

And I was suggesting that we might manifest as GODS in something else's simulation.

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
If you are outside reality, you are not inside what is real.
See, our humans' brains can't really comprehend things like (outside of reality), and (infinity), and (Nothing). 

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
See, our humans' brains can't really comprehend things like (outside of reality), and (infinity), and (Nothing). 
Then why are you making a claim about what can or cannot exist there?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
How are you capable of comprehending it to justify God then?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If something is real it is inside reality and if something is outside reality it is unreal (not in the slang sense of 'unreal') do you understand?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
GOD is an idea, and we can easily comprehend ideas within the context of language and definition.

It's what is referred to as cognition.

There is no necessity for ideas to be an accurate understanding of actuality.

9 days later

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Atheists want you to believe that it is all about measurement and reason, if you allow them one miracle. 
And that one miracle, is the Big Bang. That all things come from probably the most preposterous idea ever, that everything came from nothing, in one big miracle. 
Fair point. 

Every single explanation for the beginning of the universe is:
"Give us one miracle, then we can explain the rest."
Ok. 

I thought Atheists didn't have to have faith about anything, because anything can be explained with science.
How can you Atheists explain this? 
Waiting. I am not an atheist. So will wait for an answer. Nevertheless, you are also incorrect. The Big Bang theory is a hoax. Just like Climate Change.