No, AI will not yet replace human writers.

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 23
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
Human writers have human touch. I downloaded a bunch of AI story writing apps, and each seems to be facing similar issues. First, there is nothing exciting about the stories they write. They seem repetitive and predictable. The writing style has no charm to it. Second, every story seems like it is made for children, not for adults. There is nothing serious about it. Third, the flow of the story is usually messed up. Some parts that should be longer are really short and ruin the mood.

I didnt try the paid versions, but the free versions arent worth much.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
Nice try, Skynet
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
There are lot of things that the Ai will never be able to do because its innate in humans' souls, like literature, poetry, music, arts, dancing, and the like. AI has no soul.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Not yet.

Humans have been evolving for 300.000 years approx.

True A.I. hasn't really started to develop yet.

And what does "soul" mean really?

Sort of a metaphysical bias.

Which I expect A.I. will eventually develop.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
And what does "soul" mean really?
Soul =  biologic. Simple to think of them as synonyms and they are often used that way, as in, a tragedy they say 30 souls died.

Soul/biologic is composed of Spirit-2{ fermions and bosons }, 3 { Gravity } and 4 { Dark Energy } or so I believe.

The more complex a soul/biologic, the more access to Spirit-1 Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i ...... ( * i * )....old news via synergy

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
I think @ebuc made a point here. The soul is what makes us human beings and differentiates us from animals. That's why I'm so categorical in this issue, you'll never see an AI laughing at a good joke or enjoying a song in a massive concert. That capacity of feeling is not learnt but innate in humans and it's a requisite to create.

AI is just a computer that can do things by learning how to do it, so it totally depends on us how it learns stuff. AI is more of a tool than a being capable of thinking by itself, let alone of feeling. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@IlDiavolo
If you dont think cows let alone cats and apes have souls, you are just ignorant.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@RationalMadman
If you dont think cows let alone cats and apes have souls, you are just ignorant.
According to who?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Humans are essentially a self propelled computer.

As I stated 300.000 years of ongoing development.

Give A.I. 300 years to improve and we'll see how things are then.

Well, not you and I personally.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
I'd like to be pretty sure if you understand how AI works, because if you don't it's hard to give an authorized opinion.

I think what makes the difference between humans and the machine is creativity. We are the only creators in this world, and I'm pretty sure about it because AI is not meant to be creative for one simple reason: we don't know how creativity works in human beings, it's a mistery. Otherwise we would have by now a sort of AC (artificial creativity).

Science doesn't even have an explanation about creativity, as a consequence we can't explain how music, arts, literature, and so forth appear in our minds. Besides, creativity needs a bit of emotion and feelings to come out, that would explain why musicians and artists in general use a wide range of drugs. So, the machine doesn't have the capacity to create because they are unable to feel. I don't know who says this but the creativity doesn't come from the mind but from the heart.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
It is just the difference in our operating systems. AI utilize silicon-based semiconductor chips as the main operating power whereas we use neurons. If we can successfully mimic neurons with chips and build chips so that it mimics the human brain with the number of sensors mimicking the number within us, chances are that it will be better at being a human.

Or we can just work on synthetic human beings instead of whatever a long route that is. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well, currently we have programmed and therefore controllable machines (that in some respects are already cleverer than us). But nonetheless, not A.I. per se.

Intelligence is intelligence (look it up) and therefore Another Alternative Intelligence would have comparable mental capabilities to that of our own.

Artificial really only refers to non-human or inorganic.

To be honest, I think that you are confusing A.I  with advanced but controllable computing.

Are you certain that in terms of process and function A.I. will never be comparable?

As in, electro chemical devices that freely store, utilise, modify and selectively share data. 

Isn't creativity simply the process of acquiring, modifying and repurposing data.....From which we have developed emotional behaviour.

Whether or not A.I. will develop emotional responses will obviously depend upon it's evolution and how it chooses to interact with a broader social network.

And of course, if it decides that there is actually necessity in emotion.

Maybe emotion is only a necessity of the organic device, relative to mortality.

There is no way of currently knowing.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
This story is currently the best that I managed to produce with AI. Thoughts?

I never thought that darkness could consume everything. I always believed that as long as there was even a glimmer of light, hope would prevail. But now, as I stand on the precipice of defeat, I realize how wrong I was. This is my story, a tale of a knight who fought against the darkness, only to find himself losing the battle, his strength fading, and ultimately fading away.

It all began when I received a desperate plea for help from a small village plagued by an unknown evil. They spoke of a darkness that had enveloped their once peaceful home, leaving a trail of despair and death in its wake. With a heart full of courage and a sword in hand, I set out to face this malevolent force.

As I ventured deeper into the village, the air grew heavy, and an eerie silence filled the streets. The houses stood abandoned, their windows shattered and doors creaking ominously in the wind. The darkness seemed to seep into every crack, suffocating the life out of what was once a thriving community.

I followed the whispers of the villagers, leading me to an old, dilapidated mansion at the edge of the village. Its decaying walls exuded an aura of malevolence, and I knew that whatever awaited me inside would not be easily defeated. But I couldn't turn back; I had made a promise to protect the innocent, and I intended to keep it.

With each step I took, the darkness grew thicker, wrapping around me like tendrils, threatening to suffocate my very soul. The air turned cold, and the sound of my own heart pounding in my chest echoed in my ears. I could feel the weight of the darkness pressing against me, testing my resolve.

Inside the mansion, I discovered a hidden chamber, its walls adorned with ancient symbols and grotesque paintings. A sense of dread washed over me as I realized that this was the heart of the darkness I sought to vanquish. With a deep breath, I raised my sword and prepared for the final battle.

But as I swung my sword, the darkness seemed to laugh, mocking my futile attempts to destroy it. It effortlessly evaded my strikes, moving with an unnatural grace. I fought with all my might, but with each swing, my strength waned, and the darkness grew stronger.

As I stumbled, gasping for breath, I watched in horror as the darkness consumed everything around me. The walls crumbled, and the symbols on the floor began to glow with an unholy light. I realized then that this was a battle I could not win, a fight against an enemy that could not be defeated.

My strength faded, and with it, my hope. I fell to my knees, my sword slipping from my grasp. The darkness surrounded me, its cold embrace seeping into my very bones. In that moment, I knew I had failed. The darkness had won.

And so, as the last flicker of light was extinguished, I faded away, my existence consumed by the very darkness I had fought against. My story ends here, a tale of a knight who fought valiantly but could not conquer the horrors that lurked in the shadows. May my sacrifice serve as a reminder that sometimes, even the strongest of hearts cannot overcome the terrors that haunt our world.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
The other stories it produced have much worse quality.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
AI is "programmed" to learn. I mean, every computer is programmed no matter if it's an AI or not. The only difference is that the AI has much less code but needs more memory for learning data (like a library) . Behind all this learning process of the AI, there are tons of real people feedbacking the data the Ai is using to learn, like teachers teaching a student how to do stuff. 

You must know that AI imitates the way our brain works, we humans learn using patterns which is the most efficient way to learn and process new information. So, the idea of a computer with AI is to be more efficient and quicker than the average computer that use a sequence of instructions (code), that makes the AI very powerful with few resources. That's all. Obviously with that breakthrough lot of things are going to change, but it's not that the AI is going to enslave human beings and take over the world. If that ever happens, there would be for sure a fucking human being behind. 

Besides, there are more mental processes than learning that the AI will never have because it's unique of humans, like intuition, creativity, emotions, conciousness, it's not just a mere synapse, there are biochemical substances and electromagnetic fields involved. Human brain is incredibly complex to be imitated by a bunch of transistors.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
You know that AI imitates the way our brain works.
Systems are being developed for sure.

Just as we developed.

I reiterate....300,000 years compared to 50 or so.

So you and I can remain reasonably confident.

Nice discussing with you.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Yes, but to do so we have to understand perfectly how the brain works. I don't know, Zed, I have my doubts.

You know what I think about it. To me, the energy is over the matter, all the universe is energy and energy creates matter, if you know what I mean. 😁
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
I wouldn't dare to assess a writing that is not written in my mother tongue, or at least a language that I master. It's not just about telling a story but conveying emotions, like a poem. 

I really can't tell anything about your story, Mr. Pedo. 😁
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Best.Korea
I'd bet it could replace 'some human writers.

Some writing is pretty simple.
. . 

Some video games with randomization,
Are pretty fun,
Tell a story of your characters journey,
Even if your 'characters decisions were somewhat randomized, could be interesting to watch.

@NoOneInParticular
South Park- How Family Guy Jokes Are Made
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
AI doesn't have drive or the human spirit.  I'm sure that there will never be a time that an AI robot will look around at the misery of it's fellow AI bots and decide that it's had enough and overthrow the tyrannical bot king for the good of all AI bot populace.  AI's can learn, not feel.  It performs it's tasks, like a program should.  It can get more sophisticated in it's approach, but it will only do what it is programmed to. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@DavidAZ
You describing an old style Hollywood Sci fi movie.

Why would A.I. be a robot?

And why would advanced A.I. require a human programmer?

I think it more likely that A.I. will eventually re-programme humans.

Humans are already becoming slaves to technology

I don't see this evolutionary trend reverting.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

Well, we do know that AI will replace Republicans.

45 days later

QingzhiShi
Debates: 1
QingzhiShi
  AI will not be able to replace human writers at least for recent centuries. Since AI doesn't have sympathy, they could not feel the sentimental conditions through talking or could not know how to evoke human's emotions through words in passage. Writers also need to be creative in spirit but AI literally doesn't have creative side. AI just collects data and learn someone's writing pattern then post them out with some new arrays or rearrangements. AI can not post any original stuff that is why they could not replace human writers. However, they might replace some fundamental positions of writing in which their work doesn't require full attributes of a writer and they always repeat the same work mode.