What's the strongest argument for atheism?

Author: Fallaneze

Total: 459
MAV99
Debates: 2
MAV99
-->
@3RU7AL
are you suggesting that "spirit" is composed of energy ?
No. I am suggesting it spirit is different from anything material, as the word implies, and it has the ability to interact with what is more fundamentally in things, namely what they are and not what they are made of.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@MAV99
No. I am suggesting it spirit is different from anything material, as the word implies, and it has the ability to interact with what is more fundamentally in things, namely what they are and not what they are made of.
ok, the mechanism one level below the mechanism

sure

but the question remains

is the mechanism of "spirit" influenced by its design (fundamental nature) ?

and

is the mechanism of "spirit" influenced by its experiences ?
MAV99
MAV99
-->
@3RU7AL
is the mechanism of "spirit" influenced by its design (fundamental nature) ?
It is not influenced by its design. It does what it is designed to do. There is  difference to act according to what you are and to act because of an outside influence. Different origins of action.

is the mechanism of "spirit" influenced by its experiences ?
It is not in its design to have experiances. Experiances are for the body. They originate in the senses and then the brain produces an image which the soul, by design, takes unto itself to produce understanding. That is not the same as experiance.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@MAV99
It is not influenced by its design. It does what it is designed to do. There is  difference to act according to what you are and to act because of an outside influence. Different origins of action.

(IFF) OOC designed "spirit" (AND) "spirit" does what it is designed to do (THEN) "spirit" is controlled by OOC
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@MAV99
 takes unto itself to produce understanding. That is not the same as experiance.
"soul" does never learns from experience

but it does learn by osmosis

try this,

does "soul" accumulate data ?
MAV99
MAV99
-->
@3RU7AL
does "soul" accumulate data ?
The soul makes data (if you want to use that word).
MAV99
MAV99
-->
@3RU7AL
(IFF) OOC designed "spirit" (AND) "spirit" does what it is designed to do (THEN) "spirit" is controlled by OOC
That is a fallacy
To design does not mean it necessaily controls. 

All you are trying to do is make the original IF-THEN syllogism fit the philosophy I use, which I have said from the beginning isincompatible with the philosophy I use.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@MAV99
(IFF) OOC designed "spirit" (AND) "spirit" does what it is designed to do (THEN) "spirit" is controlled by OOC
That is a fallacy
To design does not mean it necessaily controls. 

All you are trying to do is make the original IF-THEN syllogism fit the philosophy I use, which I have said from the beginning isincompatible with the philosophy I use.

it seems like you're saying OOC designed "spirit" to be unpredictable

MAV99
MAV99
-->
@3RU7AL
it seems like you're saying OOC designed "spirit" to be unpredictable
That is not really what I am saying. That is something besides the point of what I am saying.

There are causes that exist after the first cause. Those causes are what we immediately see.