Let’s face it, MAGA voters are stupid

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 234
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Sidewalker
MAGA now stands for "My Ass Got Arrested".
OMG that is hilarious.  18 down, 60 million more to go.

Lets get them insurrectionist doggies rolling,  movin'em out.....go to 1:30 time stamp for Rawhide, Blues Brother style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUMVJHccBq8

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
Unsurprisingly, you are framing this in two opposing ways simultaneously, depending upon which is more convenient at a point in time. You claim to accept the findings of the investigation which concluded that no whipping occurred. You also claim that video evidence shows whipping occurring.
This is why I've been asking... What is the point you are trying to make with this example?

You've answered it to a certain extent but not to the point where a meaningful dialog can be had, hence the seemingly contradictory statements. But depending on the actual topic, both are correct.

If the point is merely that story X was reported and story X turned out to be false, then the former is what I accept and the conversation stops there. No reason to talk about what the video purports to show.

If the topic is about journalistic integrity and whether that was exercised here, the former is irrelevant and the latter becomes a valid point.

The difference between these two statements is about what point in time we are pointing to. In the immediate aftermath of the video's surfacing we did not have the benefit of an internal investigation which included analyzing other angles that ICE was able to later attain nor interviews with the agents or other witness statements. We had the video, that's it. So the media did what it's supposed to do, report.

Journalists are not omniscient, they are human beings just like the rest of us who can be wrong. But getting things wrong from time to time does not justify a full hand waiving away of everything that follows. Last week my weather app said it was going to rain and it didn't, doesn't mean I stop using it.

This is why I pressed you on this over and over again. If your whole point is that the story turned out to be false, then this conversation was meaningless from the start and I apologize for jumping into it. But if we're talking about journalistic integrity then what matters is whether there was any intent to deceive. Evidence for that in my view is absent for reasons I've already argued.
FLRW
FLRW

Stormy Daniels said she knew Trump was married when they had their sexual encounter but did not think much of it at the time. She said she did ask about Melania Trump, who had just given birth to the couple’s son, Barron Trump, months earlier.
“I mentioned her. I was like, ‘Yeah, what about your wife?’ He goes, ‘Oh, don’t worry about her. Quickly, quickly changed the subject,” Daniels said.
FLRW
FLRW

MAGA Morals!
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
*slow clap*

Wow. You may have just outdone yourself with this latest post of yours. You haven’t read the sophist playbook; I am now convinced you wrote the damned thing. I almost wonder which of us is the greater glutton for punishment— me, for wasting my time on your sophistry, or you, for enduring my (and others’) obvious frustration and exasperation with your sophistry. Only “almost” because sophists don’t endure punishment unless it is worth it to accomplish the goal of dominating others while simultaneously appearing legit and virtuous. The next step in the playbook is to claim projection.

This is why I've been asking... What is the point you are trying to make with this example?
No, this isn’t why. My point is peppered throughout this thread for anyone as curious and honest as they purport to be (more on that bolder word later). No, you continue to ask as a way to invalidate and avoid examining any and every point I might be making. It’s in your playbook. 

Even now, you neglected to quote or address my first paragraph of the post you respond to currently. It’s no wonder, either, because it is an aspect of my point! You fail to take on a lot of what I post. You would rather pretend I didn’t say quite a few salient things. 

You've answered it to a certain extent but not to the point where a meaningful dialog can be had, hence the seemingly contradictory statements. But depending on the actual topic, both are correct.
Here, you masterfully offer an olive branch of sorts, purporting (there’s that word again) to seek “meaningful dialog.” You may have your ideological compatriots fooled, but that’s about it. Actually, you might not even be fooling them; it is highly plausible that they just enjoy seeing “the Re-pube-lican getting owned!” You know, like you accuse me of solely wanting to “own the libs!”

“Depending on the actual topic”— again, implying I have no central focus AND using that as a means to justify your blatant contradiction. Well played!

If the point is merely that story X was reported and story X turned out to be false, then the former is what I accept and the conversation stops there. No reason to talk about what the video purports to show.
You already pretended this was the case at one point in this thread. “The conversation stops there” is a polite characterization of what you do. Rather, you make a parting shot such as “So, you really have nothing meaningful to say, really.” It’s in the playbook. It didn’t end there because I called you out on embellishing (aka lying for added effect), and you “ducked, dived, dipped, and dodged.” (From Dodgeball) All in the interests of having a productive, meaningful conversation, of course.

Here’s where I address the word “purport” again. People purport, not things. I have used the word properly earlier to demonstrate the proper context of it. You make it sound as though the video possesses some sentient intent to mislead its audience. Video can be edited by people, though— people who “purport” to show something other than what might be the case.

It’s as if you blame the video for being dishonest. “It wasn’t the journalists saying whipping occurred, it wasn’t the VP. It was the video’s fault! Blame the video!”

If the topic is about journalistic integrity and whether that was exercised here, the former is irrelevant and the latter becomes a valid point.

The difference between these two statements is about what point in time we are pointing to. In the immediate aftermath of the video's surfacing we did not have the benefit of an internal investigation which included analyzing other angles that ICE was able to later attain nor interviews with the agents or other witness statements. We had the video, that's it. So the media did what it's supposed to do, report.
You misunderstand the whole framework at play here. To elucidate:

Forget about the internal ICE investigation for a moment. It seems you were unaware of it anyway until I cited it. When I first watched the video(s) of the alleged whipping, I knew that the “journalists” were framing it in a sensationalized manner. Embellishing, as one might say. I, and others, did not need to the internal investigation to tell us what did or didn’t happen. I saw… an absence of whipping occurring! As such, that story serves as a glaring example of propagandistic journalism. Using plausible deniability and a hint of misbehavior to then overstate what is happening. Again, something you think only right leaning outlets do. That is quite naive.

So, I cited that as an example of misleading journalism. Here’s the thing:  if not for the investigation and its conclusions, it would have just been your word against mine on this forum. And that is precisely what happened before I made you aware of the investigation’s exonerating results. When I called out the whipping claim as false (ie misleading, suggestive, irresponsible, etc.), you came (over)confidently back with “There were instances of this happening.”

And it would have been your word against mine if not for the third party, objective result of the investigation stating, “No, Double R, there were not instances of whipping happening.” An honest person might reassess, recalibrate, and think “Gee, I was a bit eager to believe that law enforcement was involved in slave era type brutality. Maybe the media is helping to create and exploit preconceived notions in their audience.”

No, your response is “I believe my lying eyes! Police whipping black people was a perfectly valid interpretation… at the time!” Even now, you attempt to frame your interpretation of the video as being just as reasonable and discerning as mine. Perhaps even superior, from the standpoint of compassion for the victims of law enforcement. Unbelievable. Well, actually it should be believed. It’s in the playbook.

Here is what you can’t get around:  the media did not HAVE to say that border agents whipped migrants, especially with the meager evidence they had. Calling it whipping was… wait for it… a hasty assumption— what Denzel Washington was talking about. What this whole tedious line of discussion is about.

Honest headlines (perhaps a contradiction in terms, but you sure believe them!) might look like:

“Border agents wave their reins at migrants”
“Border agents twirl their reigns at migrants”
“Border agents chase migrants on horseback”
“Border agents corral migrants into river”
“Border agents use questionable tactics”

Wait, silly me. You WILL get around all this, just not in a way that reflects a desire for “meaningful discussion.” It’s just boring.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
@cristo71
Sooner than later many here will stop engaging with you D_R. They’re clearly realizing that it’s an utter waste of time to do so because you never admit you’re wrong, you always claim you’re right by claiming another is wrong, and as the others have so aptly pointed out, you clearly enjoy (get off on) your own sophistry tactics (mental masturbation). Which is 100% observable proof that you are as I’ve stated numerous times: an intellectual coward denialist poster child. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
They’re clearly realizing that it’s an utter waste of time to do so because you never admit you’re wrong,
So banal. What an intellectual coward. What a hypocrite. Classic Dunning Kruger effect. Straw-man fallacy 

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Best.Korea
Maybe there are two dimensions, one where whipping occured and one where it didnt.
This reminds me of the Schrödinger’s cat thought experiment where one argues that a cat hidden in a box can be both alive and dead simultaneously:

Perhaps I should coin the term “Double R’s whip”?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Schrödinger's Whip can be both a whip and not a whip at the same time. It's comforting to know Marxist Democrats can only exist on the Quantum level.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

This is like arguing that 4 strands of hey is greater than 1 entire hey stack, because 4 > 1.
No it's like saying 4 stalks of hay are more than one stalk.
Ok, let's try this.

I argue that the 2022 election in Florida was rigged. Ron Desantis lost the race to Charlie Christ but republicans cheated.

My case for this is that in Florida, thousands of ballots were cast in the name of dead people. I have a list of 10,000 examples of dead voters, and that's just from my findings by sifting through public records.

The state of Florida went through my list and found that almost every single one of my examples are of people who are still alive, but did confirm that 5 of them appear to have been fraudulent.

Based on these premises...

Q1: Do we now accept that the 2022 Florida election was rigged?

Q2: Do we still maintain that thousands of dead people voted in Florida?

Q3: Are my 5 legitimate examples of dead voters more meaningful than the investigation which not only uncovered them, but also proved that the vast majority of alleged dead voters is false?

You provided, YOUR SOURCE

4/ 5million URRRRRH fake, that assumes your source infallibly discovered the truth behind every apparent dead voter. FALSE
Q4: Did my source provide credible information? YES or NO?

Q5: If no, then on what basis do you accept that the 4 examples you pulled from my source are themselves credible?

Bonus Question: Since it was your claim that thousands of dead people voted, do you have any actual evidence of your own, or were you just pulling that out of your ass?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Ok, let's try this.
No, you're out of tries with me. My questions:

Q1: Is 4 > 1
Q2: is 1/5 an "overwhelming majority"
Q3: True or False: "circumstantial evidence (of dead voters indicating fraud) had all been debunked"
Q4: Is blatant hypocrisy to say "Here's just one example you will claim is meaningless. I could provide literally hundreds more but that would be a monumental waste of time as you've already demonstrated" and then to claim four examples are meaningless?

Until such time as you've answered these questions correctly, especially #4 speaking to you is a "monumental waste of time as you've already demonstrated".
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
It’s as if you blame the video for being dishonest. “It wasn’t the journalists saying whipping occurred, it wasn’t the VP. It was the video’s fault! Blame the video!”
This is just stupid.

At no point did I suggest or imply anything so ridiculous. I talked about how logic is the tool we have to assess what we believe occurred based on the evidence, and it's not infallible. I talked about how irrelevant it is to harp on which actual tool they used compared to their conduct, and how the words used to describe their conduct was appropriate in the sense of communication. You have disregarded all of that so you can write an entire post about me, all so you can pump your chest about dishonest I'm being.

But I'm the one not worthy of intellectual conversation. You can't be serious.

An honest person might reassess, recalibrate, and think “Gee, I was a bit eager to believe that law enforcement was involved in slave era type brutality. Maybe the media is helping to create and exploit preconceived notions in their audience.”

No, your response is “I believe my lying eyes! Police whipping black people was a perfectly valid interpretation… at the time!”
An honest person is one who is willing to expand their viewpoint by considering additional evidence and adjust their position appropriately. That's exactly what I did. A dishonest person is one who would watch that happen and then shift the focus to strawmaning something else in order to maintain their original assertion.

You act as if you've had anything enlightening to say in this thread. "The media uses sensationalized headlines to capture attention!" No shit. "The media uses preconceived notions in their audience to prop up a story!" Every political story is based on some preconceived notion.

Not a damn thing you've criticized the main stream media for is anything I've denied. You're having a whole debate in your head.

The question I've been interested in discussing is whether this amounts to dishonest journalism, a conversation you clearly have no interest in despite your willingness to write paragraph after paragraph of my perceived sophistry and dishonesty.

So since I'm known for parting shots, I'll just leave you to keep arguing with your imaginary foe. Perhaps you'll write an entire paragraph about that one next.

Good day.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
Good day.
Thanks! This is all I ever wanted.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
That's a lie.
You really wanted this:
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
That's a lie.
You really wanted this:
still not working I see. I suppose there isn’t much need for substitute teachers at the beginning of the school year.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Lol, still worrying about strangers on the internet I see. It's bad for your blood pressure.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Q4: Is blatant hypocrisy to say "Here's just one example you will claim is meaningless. I could provide literally hundreds more but that would be a monumental waste of time as you've already demonstrated" and then to claim four examples are meaningless?
Absent any further context, the above as written would be hypocritical. The issue is that you are egregiously leaving out a key piece of this conversation.

Let's back up, and in an effort to be as charitable as possible, let me start by doing my best to steelman your argument on this particular point.

You have so far argued that 4 examples is greater than 1 and also argued that 1 out of 5 is not an overwhelming majority. The latter was in the context of the 4 examples of dead voters being compared to the one example of a legitimate voter, so I will presume that the one legitimate voter is also your understanding of the 1 example in the 4 > 1 point.

So with that interpretation, you are misrepresenting what I've argued. My one example (that I predicted you were going to and in fact did ignore) was not the one example of a legitimate voter. My one example was the state elections board investigation itself.

Recall the claim: Thousands of dead people voted.

My Rebuttal: this claim has already been investigated and failed to produce any valid evidence sufficient to justify this claim.

Your evidence/rebuttal: 'here are 4 examples of dead voters'

So your first problem is math. In a state where 5 million votes were cast, 4 examples of dead voters does not give rational justification to assert that this is a serious issue. This is statistics 101.

Your second problem I find even more egregious: you are guilty of the exact same hypocrisy you accuse me of. You did not examine these 4 ballots. You did not interview the 4 family members caught of submitting fraudulent ballots. You accept these 4 examples as legitimate for no other reason other than that you were told about them.

But the same people who told you about them are also telling you that they investigated this and found that nearly everyone alleged to have been dead is still alive. Yet you disregard those findings outright.

So when the information you were being fed aligned with what you wanted to hear, you accept it. When it didn't, you closed your eyes and plugged your ears.

So once again. You claimed thousands of dead people voted. Do you have evidence to rationally justify this claim? YES OR NO?
FLRW
FLRW

Isn't Trump's vote count proof that thousands of mentally dead people voted?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
still worrying about strangers on the internet I see. It's bad for your blood pressure.
Remember when you were telling everyone on DART that you were a real teacher? But we are starting a new school year and you are still here.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Absent any further context, the above as written would be hypocritical.
Sophistry.

You have so far argued that 4 examples is greater than 1 and also argued that 1 out of 5 is not an overwhelming majority.
What a steelman, you've acknowledged basic math.

So with that interpretation, you are misrepresenting what I've argued. My one example (that I predicted you were going to and in fact did ignore) was not the one example of a legitimate voter. My one example was the state elections board investigation itself.
Bullshit. You read the headline, you thought it was an example of a dead voter not being dead and that's all you thought.

Your original offer of the link:
Here's just one example you will claim is meaningless. I could provide literally hundreds more but that would be a monumental waste of time as you've already demonstrated:
It is absurd to claim that you could offer literally hundreds of examples category "investigation".

You lie.

Also this revisionism doesn't change a thing. If the findings were supposed to be representative of anything they can only be representative of 4/5 dead voter claims being cases of fraud; something I am not dismissing but you are.

The context fails to erase the hypocrisy. Your answer is incorrect.

Recall the claim: Thousands of dead people voted.
Thousands of ballots were sent in for dead people.

My Rebuttal: this claim has already been investigated and failed to produce any valid evidence sufficient to justify this claim.
False, your claim was that all of the evidence had been debunked (implying every example) and then you tried to provide "just one example" of the evidence being debunked; unknowingly providing 4 examples of it not being debunked.

"your circumstantial evidence had all been debunked."

Your evidence/rebuttal: 'here are 4 examples of dead voters'
Your evidence actually, you entered it into the record.

So your first problem is math. In a state where 5 million votes were cast, 4 examples of dead voters does not give rational justification to assert that this is a serious issue. This is statistics 101.
I say thousands
You say "except this one" while providing 5 examples only one being an exception

I still say thousands
I still say 'dead voters' are only a small fraction of the probable total fraudulent ballots

You attempt the same deception you did for the propaganda list. You say there is no pattern, then you got into an example, are soundly defeated on the example, and then say "well one example doesn't prove anything" when YOU are the one who started with specifics. You predicted I would ignore one concrete example and proceeded to ignore four. Hypocrisy and lies.

Your second problem I find even more egregious
What you find egregious is utterly irrelevant to any honest observer.

You did not examine these 4 ballots.
Examining ballots doesn't catch fraud unless they are printing ballots.

You did not interview the 4 family members caught of submitting fraudulent ballots. You accept these 4 examples as legitimate for no other reason other than that you were told about them.
I wasn't just told, you told me; and I believe specific claims because they are susceptible to fact checks by people like James O'Keefe (last of the investigative journalist as far as I can tell). Officials saying "we looked into it" cannot be fact checked even to the point of knowing what the hell that meant.

But the same people who told you about them are also telling you that they investigated this and found that nearly everyone alleged to have been dead is still alive. Yet you disregard those findings outright.
There are no findings to disregard. Findings would be in the form of a report with the list of asserted dead voters (not chosen by them) and the result of the investigation tabulated with sworn statements from both partisan canvassers for each example.

Acceptable results per example would be of the form "Living voter with same name and address as deceased voter found", "death certificate or funeral record was forged", "fraud confirmed, no suspect", "fraud confirmed, charges pending case#"

That would be the bare minimum to expect from an true democracy.

So when the information you were being fed aligned with what you wanted to hear, you accept it. When it didn't, you closed your eyes and plugged your ears.
Confession by projection.

So once again. You claimed thousands of dead people voted. Do you have evidence to rationally justify this claim? YES OR NO?
You didn't get question 4 right. Try again without the lies.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
If the findings were supposed to be representative of anything they can only be representative of 4/5 dead voter claims being cases of fraud; something I am not dismissing but you are.
The findings are representative of the fact that a republican lead investigation into an alleged dead voter phenomenon which swung the election to the democrats came up almost entirely empty and shared that fact publicly.

Your response was to disregard the entire point, prop up the 5 examples that were given, 4 of which were only given to illustrate how much of a non-issue this is, and argue as if you are working with a sample representative of the phenomenon.

Again, the 4 examples were provided because they were the only 4 examples found. To use that as the basis supporting the claim is cherry picking on steroids. You know this.

your claim was that all of the evidence had been debunked (implying every example)
There is nothing about the statement "all of the evidence has been debunked" that necessitates "there was never a single example of a dead voter". Classic strawman.

To debunk an argument/evidence is to show that it is not valid. Propping up the only 4 examples of dead voters that were found in a statewide investigation is not a valid point to support the claim that thousands of dead people voted. It in fact supports the opposite.

Officials saying "we looked into it" cannot be fact checked even to the point of knowing what the hell that meant.
Let's apply Occam's razor. You're asserting thousands of 'votes were cast in the name of dead people'. So when the officials in charge of ensuring this doesn't happen tell you they investigated it and found next to nothing, is it most likely that;

A) They looked into the claims and found nothing

B) They didn't bother to look into them and just said they did

C) They looked into them, found significant examples and then covered it all up

Acceptable results per example would be of the form "Living voter with same name and address as deceased voter found", "death certificate or funeral record was forged", "fraud confirmed, no suspect", "fraud confirmed, charges pending case#"

That would be the bare minimum to expect from an true democracy.
It's not the responsibility of the state to debunk your conspiracy theories, especially when the evidence you are providing for them came from the states own investigation.

You didn't get question 4 right. Try again without the lies.
It's easy to point to hypocrisy when you give yourself the luxury of interpreting one's point however you want.

I ignored everything you had to say about me and my "dishonesty" because it's all irrelevant to the topic. We can talk about your claim that thousands of votes were cast in the name of dead people or we can talk about how allegedly dishonest I am. Your choice, and I'm not interested in the latter so if you want to stand on your ultimatum I'm fine with that, it just goes to show that you don't believe your own nonsense and know you can't support your claims.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Let's apply Occam's razor.
Occams razor is like your dads gun that you stole. You don't know what you're doing with that thing, put it down before you cut yourself.

It's not the responsibility of the state to debunk your conspiracy theories
Of course not sheep

I ignored everything you had to say about me and my "dishonesty" because it's all irrelevant to the topic.
It's all that's relevant when you display so openly that evidence doesn't move you. You don't care about statistics, you don't care about sources.

Your choice, and I'm not interested in the latter so if you want to stand on your ultimatum I'm fine with that
I bet you are, escape is always preferable to admitting defeat for people like you.

it just goes to show that you don't believe your own nonsense and know you can't support your claims.
I could provide literally hundreds more but that would be a monumental waste of time as you've already demonstrated.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It's all that's relevant when you display so openly that evidence doesn't move you. You don't care about statistics, you don't care about sources.
lol

So the playbook is complete; make up an argument, pretend the thing you made up is what I argued, caricature me based on your made up argument, use your caricature of me as an excuse to walk away from the conversation. 

4 dead voters does not justify your claim that thousands of ballots were cast in the name of dead people. You know this.

Good day.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
I accept your concession.