Best Games For PC - From my perspective (PC vs Playstation)

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 8
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Now, I know many will say that playstation > PC, and for the most part, I agree.

As a kid, I was given a choice to either get PC or PS.

I couldnt have both, so I picked PC. 

At that time, I didnt know that playstation would have been better choice, since I was a kid.

Playstation obviously has much better games and controls.

However, over time, I found some exceptions where PC actually wins. There are some games that are so good on PC, that make PC very pleasant to play on.

So here is my list.

1. Vampire the masquerade bloodlines

Probably the most perfect PC game ever made. The reason its perfect is because its addicting. You complete the game once, you get desire to play again as a different vampire. I probably completed the game at least 30 times. Its one of those games that charms you into playing it over and over again. Even if you have enough and stop playing for a year or two, you come back to it simply because of the addicting combat, feeling and the perfect story. The story and combat is good because the more you progress in game, the better it becomes. Dodging bullets and freezing time, or transforming into wolf, or becoming almost unkillable using shield powers... you can fight with sword, gun, flamethrower. You can even complete the game using fists alone, although I dont recommend that for beginners.
Of course it needs to be said that a new game is about to come out soon. After 20 years of waiting for it, it is happening. Lets hope it will be as perfect as the first game.

2. Dishonored

On PC, this game is awesome. The mouse control for sword fighting is perfect. I dont know if PS version is better, but on PC the game is too good to be true. Of course, I always took issue with powers in the game being unbalanced and inconsistent. Certain powers dont work on all enemies, on some bosses certain powers like stop time have no effect at all. Fortunatelly, for most part, boss fights in this game are surprisingly rare. The game can be played as stealth, but you can also play non-stealth and fight all the way.

3. Fable The Lost Chapters

I know many people dont find this game to be much good, but I do. Its a very old game, but it has so many elements to it that I consider it one of best. The story is one of best presented I ever saw in video game. The combat is good, kinda addicting. The game is easy, which is important. Not all of us like playing difficult games. The story has many plots, it feels like watching a movie while playing a game. The game feels lively.

4. Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

Lightsaber combat with mouse makes this game best of its time. You actually felt like a Jedi with so many lightsaber moves available to you. The game has balance issues in online play, but single player is perfect.

5. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (new and old)

Maybe it doesnt have some advanced Jedi combat, but being able to play as any character, droid or stormtrooper in big battles is simply fun.

6. Star Wars Kotor

Let me just say that I am not a big fan of kotor. I consider the game playable, but also kinda boring at certain point. The main problem I have with it is horrible force powers setting that makes certain force powers utterly useless against bosses. Of course, one can focus on lightsaber combat instead of force combat, which is kinda more interesting to be honest. Still, a fun game to play once or twice.

7. Age of mythology

I am not a fan of strategy and building games. I consider them poison for mind, since they usually involve long battles that seem to have no end and you are stuck doing same thing over and over every long battle.
With age of mythology, I find some exception. The battles are long, yes, but it feels kinda better because the game brings some story to it. It offers variety of gameplay and displays ancient Gods and societies. It makes you feel there is more to it than just building and long battles. Different Gods, different powers, different ways and options.

8. Universe at war: Earth Assault

Whats fun about this game is single player. The game follows simple gameplay, with somewhat interesting story. The battles are rather colorful. 

9. Batman Arkham series

There is just some joy about being dressed like a bat and beating people up.

10. The Amazing Spiderman

I cant say that the game is perfect, but it surely is fun to be spiderman.

11. Max Payne 2

Shooting game with perfect story. Plus, lets you stop time. That is fun for some reason. 

12. Arma 2

There is some joy about being able to design the battlefield and units, and then fight in that battlefield as one of the soldiers in first person. The game is realistic war simulation. 

13. Skyrim

Well, just couldnt not to mention the obvious one. Skyrim may be a bit boring when you have to travel long distances, but the combat is amazing. Magic, swords, arrows... take your pick. Of course, certain classes are much better than others, and story probably could have been less about lots of running from quest to quest. Still, Skyrim remains one of those games which players spend hundreds of hours on.

14. Bloodrayne

Repetitive combat and simple nature, yet this game is addicting. It was fun enough for me to include it on this list. The game simply displays pure insanity of repetitive battles, enemies that seem to have no brain at all, almost like they are drugged.

Now, I understand that playstation has better games and is more fun to play, but PC isnt dead in terms of gaming and has a lot to offer with more on the way. Now, PC also has emulators that enable it to play games from other consoles.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Best.Korea
Fable The Lost Chapters 'was pretty fun,
Though I like Jack of Blades voice in the original, more.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lemming
I wish Fable 2 was released for PC. 

I like Fable 1 a lot too. Fable 1 gave me a sense of role in the game.

Fable 3 was horrible in my view. Too much politics, too much mini games, too little of actual game.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Best.Korea
I liked the customized weapons, in Fable 3.

What would you say is the 'game in the Fable series?

It's been a while since I played any of the three,
So they all merge a 'bit in my head,
Not 'completely,
But they were all third person, melee and ranged and magic,
Quests, meet NPCs,
Little details different,
Stylistic differences in art.

Fable 3 seemed to have longer loading screens though, to my memory.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lemming
I didnt play Fable 2, not available for PC.

I played Fable 1 and Fable 3.

Fable 1 I played completely and multiple times to the end. I liked it a lot. Made me feel like I am some hero. So Fable 1 I would label as best. I liked the magic powers, some were overpowered.

Fable 3 was not same for me. I didnt like the gameplay at all. Magic powers didnt seem like much. Maybe I should go back to it, give it another chance. Still, I dont like politics in that game. I dont like the entire setup that is there. The game feels like it complicates things which in other games are rather simple. 

I dont like complicated games, to be honest.

196 days later

CronicPain2
Debates: 2
CronicPain2
-->
@Best.Korea
Age of mythology is the bomb
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
I always recommend Terraria.

22 days later

JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@Mharman
Everyone always compares terraria to Minecraft. I just don’t see how it’s a 2d copy. It’s got way more weapons,bosses,building options, it’s got CLASSES, and that’s all I got rn.