How Do You Know When The Devil's Playing Tricks?

Author: MagicAintReal

Total: 118
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Logical-Master
Show me the passage where "writing the Bible" is in the devil's house. Failure to do this will result in the end of this conversation.

Are you asking for a passage from the bible? That would be pointless, the bible is full of lies so if that passage existed it would be a lie, or would be the only truthful passage in the bible designed to bamboozle all the bible believers because the devil is the master of the lie.
Which door would your brother tell me to choose?
Logical-Master
Debates: 6
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal

If we're talking about the POSSIBILITY of there being a deceptive trick in the Devil's house, you have to admit that at least the writing of the bible, being that it's a deceptive trick, is POSSIBLE to exist in the devil's house.

If it's the case that the Matrix is in fact a real thing and deceiving humans' life is in the house of the matrix, then yeah it's possible we live in the matrix.
If it's the case that Valdemort being transsexual and a twin of harry potter is in Valdemort's house, then it is possible he is a transsexual twin.
It's almost as if you haven't read a single word I've said throughout this conversation. Either that or you're just trolling me. :\

Why is this type of deception just not POSSIBLE in the devil's house?
This is where you've dodged.
And that's 'mate:

^Straight to the point, but this is the general gists of what I was getting at with the Matrix/Harry Potter example (reductio ad absurdum aside). No sane person spends their life worrying about every single remote possibility out there. It's possible the devil wrote the Bible and also possible that the moon is chocked full of spare ribs!

Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@disgusted
Are you asking for a passage from the bible? That would be pointless, the bible is full of lies so if that passage existed it would be a lie, or would be the only truthful passage in the bible designed to bamboozle all the bible believers because the devil is the master of the lie.
Which door would your brother tell me to choose?

It's full of lies so wouldn't that also subject the notion of the devil being the master of lies as also being lie?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Logical-Master
Yeah it's terribly confusing trying to believe all the contradictory guff you are indoctrinated with, but that's the benefit of indoctrination, nothing you believe needs to make sense.
MagicAintReal
Debates: 12
MagicAintReal
-->
@Logical-Master
Is being made of barbecue food in the house of the moon?
Oh, so you wrote another stupid analogy ignoring that deception is in the devils house again.
Youve flailed and failed to answer how the possibility is very real given what you expect from the devil and not the moon, harry Potter or the matrix.
I knew I was right and you confirmed it here.
Dieect questions sank you due to your futility.
Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal

Why is this type of deception just not POSSIBLE in the devil's house?
This is where you've dodged.

*7 posts earlier*
Straight to the point, but this is the general gists of what I was getting at with the Matrix/Harry Potter example (reductio ad absurdum aside). No sane person spends their life worrying about every single remote possibility out there. It's possible the devil wrote the Bible and also possible that the moon is chocked full of spare ribs!
Like I said,  that's mate,  lol. 
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Logical-Master
remote possibility out there. 

Why is the devil writing the bible a remote possibility?

Seriously, you've not said why.
The moon being made of spare ribs is not expected of the moon.

Why is deception expected of the devil, but not that particular deception?

This is mate on you...you've objectively lost this exchange...I'm sorry, you're of no more intellectual value to this conversation because you've failed to answer.
Noted.
Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal
Why is the devil writing the bible a remote possibility?

Seriously, you've not said why.

MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Logical-Master
It's funny that a guy named logical master doesn't understand that using a special pleading fallacy (it's always expected of the devil to deceive, except for writing the bible) isn't indicative of goalposts being moved.

Logical-master, you have been accused of being illogical because you are special pleading deceptively writing the bible from the general rule that the devil is capable of deception.

This is not moving the goalposts.
This is having you explain how it is that bible writing is exempt from devil deception.

Special pleading is not answering, you should know that given your name.

Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal
It's funny that a guy named logical master doesn't understand that using a special pleading fallacy (it's always expected of the devil to deceive, except for
writing the bible)

;-)
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Logical-Master
When is the devil not expected to deceive?
Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal

MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Logical-Master
John 8:44
 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Hahahaha I beat logical-master at both logic and religion.

1. Logical master special pleads "deceptive bible writing" to the general rule that "the devil is capable of deception."
Logic point lost.

2. Logical master tries to say that claiming that the devil is always deceiving is a strawman, but his own book proved him wrong.

Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal
lol.

=)
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Logical-Master
Right, I cherry picked that "there is no truth in him" which is an absolute, not subject to gradation by anything else.
Do you have any reason to doubt John 8:44 that there is NO truth in the devil?

If there's no truth in the devil, then we would expect him to always be deceitful.
This fits in line with writing the bible deceptively.

Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal
If there's no truth in the devil, then we would expect him to always be deceitful.

See the first two chapters. No deceit involved whatsoever.  And that's mate again. No more (goalpost shifting) mulligans. =)

MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Logical-Master
That didn't negate anything about no truth in the devil.
You've lost sir...bow out now.
Your bible says all lies for the devil, you've admitted deception in his house, you've given no reason to doubt that the devil is capable of deceiving people by writing the bible, and you've special pleaded, contrary to the general rule that the devil is capable of deception, that the devil is incapable of deceiving with the bible.

John 8:44 and logic require that you bow out or just admit that writing the bible sounds like a deception the devil would be capable of.
Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal
You said "it's always expected of the devil to deceive, except for writing the bible." I showed you a whole book of the devil not deceiving anybody. That's mate, again. No more mulligans. =)

MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
Is John 8:44 correct?
"the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in himWhen he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

In Job, the devil says a few things and they were lies, because there is no truth in him, i.e. deception is always expected of the devil.
Is John 8:44 correct or incorrect?

Logical-Master
Logical-Master
-->
@MagicAintReal
Of course it's correct. It's your hyper-literal interpretation of it that is false and the book of Job is proof. Just because the devil is a liar does not mean it is an attribute he always employs. 
Bifolkal
Bifolkal
I know the devil's playing tricks when I see theists ignoring their own book about how he's absolute evil and has no truth.  Aren't the theists supposed to be the bible thumpers...lol.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@MagicAintReal
God created the devil for reasons we will never understand and intentionally made him so he would do bad and bring about bad, knowing he would do so, but through the lense of somebody looking through an infinite timeline, it was for the best. He could destroy satan at any minute but wants him to exist and do what he does.
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Wylted
In your estimation could the Devil have written the Bible?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@MagicAintReal
It sounds possible.
Wylted
Wylted
Not sure why he would paint himself in a bad light though. 
MagicAintReal
MagicAintReal
-->
@Wylted
"It sounds possible."

Explain this to LM
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Wylted
@Logical-Master

See the first two chapters. No deceit involved whatsoever. 

Not sure why he would paint himself in a bad light though. 
It's a common theme in writing for the author to make themselves out as the shameful, the dolt or the bad guy. As LM says, read the first two chapters to see how well the author made out Satan to be shameful, a dolt and a bad guy. The whole story points it out.

The story itself does not read as if it were written by a good upstanding person, but instead someone who is dark, clever and almost morbidly comedic in his presentation.
Castin
Castin
Seems more plausible for the Old Testament than the New.