TDS effect

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 44
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
It's no secret here that I hate Trump, and to that end, I generally avoid talking about him because that tends to suck the oxygen out of all rational discussion about politics and the scrutiny of all other politicians. Not to mention it's also a total waste of time.

My question to you guys is thus: what is the basis of the dopamine rush for continuing the 7 straight years of TDS analysis; and how do you think it affects the country when no other politician is given any notable discussion time?

What is it that gives you that cerebral high that justifies the apathy of all else, and thus, the atrophy of everything else political?

Specifically, I want to hear from the major TDS users on this site.

Your turn!
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
I dont understand what you say, but we hate Trump so we throw verbal poop at him every day. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Also because its funny.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
In conversations, we need topic and Trump is a good topic. I hope this explains it. If not, oh well then, ask Trump.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Does anybody else think Greyparrot is really Mike Lindell?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I don't understand what you say...
That's by design.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Tell us how you really feel!
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Did you know that the origin of the term is traced to conservative political columnist and commentator Charles Krauthammer, a psychiatrist, who coined the phrase Bush derangement syndrome in 2003 during the presidency of George W. Bush?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Eh, small victories.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Eh, small victories.

Or small tragedies.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
I like talking about Trump because he reminds me of Hitler, and thinking about Hitler makes me feel smart.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Ask anyone. If you hate Hitler, then you have a ticket to paradise!

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Putin thanks you for your service.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@cristo71
Hey, Russia is a nice place to live, no?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
With enemies like Putin, who needs friends?
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Greyparrot
Specifically, I want to hear from the major TDS users on this site.
If you specify who the major TDS users are it would be easier to respond... and laugh at too. 😁
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IlDiavolo
Hmm... guess that would be FLRW, IWRA, and BK.

RR is borderline because he doesn't always deflect when asked about his favorites.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
It's no secret here that I hate Trump, and to that end, I generally avoid talking about him because that tends to suck the oxygen out of all rational discussion
Bullshit. You criticized everyone and everything except Trump. You’re a lying Libertarian 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
@iwantroosevelt

Bullshit. You criticized everyone and everything except Trump. You’re a lying Libertarian
Well stated.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Thank you , I thought my OP stated my position very well.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
😜  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
💗💗💗
FLRW
FLRW

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@cristo71
" Trump because he reminds me of Hitler,"    Everyone citizen and soldier that  died in WW2 died for nothing.  Their deaths meant nothing.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
what is the basis of the dopamine rush for continuing the 7 straight years of TDS analysis
He incited an attack on the US Capitol, stole the country’s nuclear secrets and tried to hide them from the FBI, tried to steal an election, and is right now pledging to effectively turn the US into a dictatorship, among so many other things. And yet, right now he stands about a 50/50 shot of taking the White House in 2025. I think that’s worth talking about.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
7 years is a long time to be interested in any form of entertainment though. Most Hollywood shows these days are lucky to get past 3 seasons.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
You asked why people here on this site talk about him so much. That has nothing to do with whatever the Tonight Show is joking about.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
What about the second part? That the exclusion of all other talk allows for apathy and atrophy of everything else political. I know you didn't have Biden as your first choice. What do you think could have changed to get someone better than Biden to represent the left tribe?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
What about the second part? That the exclusion of all other talk allows for apathy and atrophy of everything else political.
I don’t concern myself with it because that isn’t a decision any individual made, it’s a social force. Trump is a different kind of character so that garners attention, he’s also incredibly buffoonish so he’s a comedian’s dream. People are going to talk about someone like this, so there’s no sense in asking what if people didn’t.

What do you think could have changed to get someone better than Biden to represent the left tribe?
Biden won the democratic nomination because he was best suited to defeat Trump which he did. I have mixed feelings about him running again, but my concerns there are mostly political. At this point I would gladly take President Chris Christy if it means getting rid of Trump.

I honestly don’t think it matters when it comes to who represents the left right now. Seems kind of pointless to argue about what the top tax rate should be when the alternative is to elect someone who’s pretty much running on a platform of using the government for political retribution. The political right doesn’t live in reality, so they don’t need real world reasons to attack whoever is the left’s standard bearer.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Biden won the democratic nomination because he was best suited to defeat Trump which he did...
See this is the problem when the bar is set that low. Democrats should have demanded more than just being able to beat Trump, which just about any competent Democrat could have easily done in 2020. But the Democrats chose the one that could barely get it done over one that could have done oh so much more if the people demanded it. What happened in Hawaii where Biden sent Billions of dollars overseas but only a one time check of 700 dollars to Americans in Maui...Democrats could have done much better than that and they should have demanded someone who could do more than simply "beat Trump"

Who is at fault for these low standards?