Why I don't think I have to or shouldn't be religious

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 21
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
There are 2 possibilities: God burns ordinary people in hell for God does not burn ordinary people in hell.

If the 1st is true, then Christains are bootlickers for worshipping a God that enacts cruel and unusual punishment, and I worship tyrants; the constitution is a better source of legal ideology than the bible and all constitutional conservatives agree with this.  

If the 2nd is true, I don't have to worship him because I'm not going to hell if I don't.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@TheUnderdog

Well, I guess you are smart.  Albert Einstein says: “The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
One has to wonder why would smart God create such a poorly designed world.

There are these options:

1. World can be better

2. World cannot be better

1 means that the world's creator isnt the smartest guy.

2 means that every brutal crime on Earth is essentially the best thing that could have happened to us.

There are 2 possibilities: God burns ordinary people in hell for God does not burn ordinary people in hell
Christians pretty much destroyed themselves after claiming that every non-Christian burns in hell.

Its an impossible position to defend.

Its not even a sane position.

How would I enjoy heaven knowing that all my atheist friends are burning alive in fire?

What person could enjoy in such outcome?
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@TheUnderdog
There are 2 possibilities: God burns ordinary people in hell [or] God does not burn ordinary people in hell.

If the 1st is true, then Christains are bootlickers for worshipping a God that enacts cruel and unusual punishment, and I worship tyrants; the constitution is a better source of legal ideology than the bible and all constitutional conservatives agree with this.  

If the 2nd is true, I don't have to worship him because I'm not going to hell if I don't.
I think your assumptions are incorrect.  And that is based on the definition of ordinary. 

What is ordinary? And why should God make a determination to burn people in Hell on the delineation of ordinary? 

I could say - God burns sinners in Hell or God does not burn sinners in Hell. 

If the first is true, then we are all in trouble except Jesus. 

If the second is true, then who does God burn in hell? 

In other words, I reject your logic, since your presumption and definition are so vague that it makes your entire argument invalid.  After all, who says that you are ordinary? What makes you ordinary? Is that your definition or someone else's? From most posts here I would say you were not ordinary. 
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
Stupid circle reasoning jerk thread. waste of space at DART exemplifying a lack of original thinking.

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
I'm still an atheist, I just think your logic is flawed.

Maybe people burn themselves.

"One day a man said to God, “God, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.”
God showed the man two doors. Inside the first one, in the middle of the room, was a large round table with a large pot of vegetable stew. It smelled delicious and made the man’s mouth water, but the people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.
The man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. God said, “You have seen Hell.”
Behind the second door, the room appeared exactly the same. There was the large round table with the large pot of wonderful vegetable stew that made the man’s mouth water. The people had the same long-handled spoons, but they were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.
The man said, “I don’t understand.”
God smiled. It is simple, he said, Love only requires one skill. These people learned early on to share and feed one another. While the greedy only think of themselves…"

Hell can be the choices of an individual,
Self destructive,
Vicious world view, being an enemy to everyone, having enemies everywhere,
No comfort but self, but in greed, material, and cruel thoughts.
Bed of nails and glass.

Lot of game theory works in the Bible, to my view.

Lot of values that deal with empathy,
Lot of people care about empathy, care about others and their pain,
'Basic human concept.

"The reason why I say that all humans have hearts that are not unfeeling toward others is this. Suppose someone suddenly saw a child about to fall into a well: anyone in such a situation would have a feeling of alarm and compassion—not because one sought to get in good with the child’s parents, not because one wanted fame among one’s neighbors and friends, and not because one would dislike the sound of the child’s cries. From this we can see that if one is without the feeling of compassion, one is not human. (Mengzi 2A6; Van Norden 2008, 46)"
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@TheUnderdog

TheUnderdog,

YOUR MISGUIDED QUOTE RELATIVE TO CHRISTIANITY: "If the 2nd is true, I don't have to worship him because I'm not going to hell if I don't."

WRONG!  As usual, the uninformed non-believer like you will be burning in the sulfur lakes of Hell upon your earthly demise; so saith our ever loving and forgiving God named Jesus, because of his inspired words as shown below, GET IT?

Jesus stated: “So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 13:49-50)

Jesus warned His creation of Hell:  “My friends, don’t be afraid of people. They can kill you, but after that, there is nothing else they can do. God is the one you must fear. Not only can he take your life, but he can throw you into hell. God is certainly the one you should fear!” (Luke 12:4-5)

Jesus stated: “Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.” (Matthew 25:41)

YOUR MISGUIDED QUOTE RELATIVE TO FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION:  "......  the constitution is a better source of legal ideology than the bible "

WRONG AGAIN!  True Christians are to follow this passage, and the hell with the Constitution and man's laws!:  "But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

Simply put, if you are not a TRUE Christian, like myself, then you will be burning in HELL upon your death, praise Jesus' revenge upon the non-christians!

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
One has to wonder why would smart God create such a poorly designed world.
As if you built a game or virtual reality out of nothing, you have to start from a primitive version, then advance according to the results, it's a trial and error process. The "God" Christians depict is not omnipotent, not omniscent, in other words it's an entity that doesn’t exist, it's pure imagination from people that lived in fear. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

Well stated.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
There are multiple possibilities.

Including.

No GOD.

No hell

And no burning
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Tradesecret
What is ordinary? And why should God make a determination to burn people in Hell on the delineation of ordinary? 
In this context, ordinary is anybody who is not a murderer, rapist, or similar.

If the first is true, then people who willingly worship God are bootlickers.  If the 2nd is true, then worshipping God won’t save you from hell, so what’s the point?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
Presumably GOD gets the Devil to do the burning.

Or is the Devil outfit just a role play thing.

I bet GODDO gets really miffed by cremation.

Are souls are inflammable, do you know.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@zedvictor4

zedvictor4,

YOUR QUOTE REGARDING THE DEVIL TO DO THE BURNING WITH JESUS' HEBREW CREATION: "Presumably GOD gets the Devil to do the burning."

CORRECTION:  JESUS SAID: “My friends, don’t be afraid of people. They can kill you, but after that, there is nothing else they can do. God is the one you must fear. Not only can he take your life, but he can throw you into hell. God is certainly the one you should fear!” (Luke 12:4-5) 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

I'm a big fan of his Nudest Camp Ministry.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@TheUnderdog
In this context, ordinary is anybody who is not a murderer, rapist, or similar.
I thought as much by your general statement. It doesn't actually mean much though, does it?  After all, a murderer might have lived an impeccable life except for one minor moment of rage.  Why would that make them extraordinary?  And the same might apply to anyone else.  For me, it seems like you just want to make an exception for yourself. To make yourself the victim.  Rather than someone who is in rebellion against God. I think really that is the issue. God will burn people who are in rebellion against him. It's the kingly thing to do. Rebellion is an ACT of Treason. And if people want to live their own way in a place where God reigns, then ipso facto - they accept the consequences if caught. 

If the first is true, then people who willingly worship God are bootlickers.  If the 2nd is true, then worshipping God won’t save you from hell, so what’s the point?
Would you care to articulate what you mean by those who worship God are bootlickers in this scenario? After all, sinning isn't exactly a good thing, is it? You suggested in the previous answer that people like murderers and rapists ought to be burnt in hell, so - do you think people who don't kill people are bootlickers? Do you think that people who don't rape people are bootlickers? 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Got it.

It's a roleplay thing then.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Ok nearer the equator.

Here in Wales I generally prefer to keep well covered.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

MISS TRADESECRET SAID THE FOLLOWING TO UNDERDOG THAT OPENS A CAN OF WORMS TOWARDS JESUS:  "a murderer might have lived an impeccable life except for one minor moment of rage.  Why would that make them extraordinary? "

Jesus lived an impeccable life while upon earth, but His minor moment of rage made Him an outright accomplice to murder when He told His disciples the following:  “But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.” (Luke 19:27)

Jesus' modus operandi is allegedly all loving and forgiving, whereas, in me being a TRUE Christian, I have to accept that this assumed premise is NOT true because of the killing  passage by Jesus above!

MISS TRADESECRETS NEXT QUOTE TO UNDERDOG THAT PUTS CHRISTIANITY IN QUESTION:  "After all, sinning isn't exactly a good thing, is it? "

No, sinning isn't a good thing, BUT, it doesn't matter because all Christians believe in Jesus and therefore are forgiven of ALL of their sins continually, where there is no incentive not to sin, as this passage so states: “To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” (Acts 10:43)

I truly wish that Miss Tradesecret wouldn't bring up topics that question the faith in Christianity, but as continually shown, she just can't help it.  Sad indeed.

30 days later

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Tradesecret
After all, a murderer might have lived an impeccable life except for one minor moment of rage.  Why would that make them extraordinary?
I was using the term, "ordinary" as just normal, not in contrast to "extraordinary".  Murderers are horrible people that should face the death penalty.  Burning them in hell FOREVER is against the 8th amendment (and the constitution is much better than the bible as a source of legal morality).  

Rebellion is an ACT of Treason.
You speeding 1 mph above the speed limit is rebellion.  I'm pretty sure the state shouldn't put you to death for it.

Would you care to articulate what you mean by those who worship God are bootlickers in this scenario?
Bootlicking means that they love a god who burns normal people in hell (not just murderers and rapists, but normal people).

To love such a God is to love Kim Jun Un willingly; it's bootlicking.

You suggested in the previous answer that people like murderers and rapists ought to be burnt in hell
Temporarily; but not permanently.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@TheUnderdog
Ok. 

well, let's agree to disagree. 

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->