OMG, Republicans in the Senate actually have a good idea!

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 19
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
“Their bill would raise the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $11 per hour while also requiring employers to check that their employees are legally authorized to work in the United States”

It’s a miracle! Of course $11 is too little and way too late. Should have been $15 five years ago.

And I have been advocating for immigration enforcement at the work place for 20 years!
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
Immigration enforcement are work is the only place to really end illegal immigration. It's not the immigrants who should be punished for trying to make a better life, but employers who drive down American wages by cheating the system and underpayment of illegal aliens

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
i think this was promoted by a small group of moderate republicans. the kind of republicans that most other republicans call RINOs. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
I approve of establishing a minimum wage far higher than the global average for entry-tier unskilled labor. That will hasten the destruction of the global American dollar as a world currency. And the best part is that we can blame Republicans for doing it!
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
That will hasten the destruction of the global American dollar as a world currency.
Please, tell us more about those horrible minimum wage laws.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Gp thinks that if the minimum wage was 50 cents/hr., his pizza would be a lot cheaper.
ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@n8nrgim
Pat Buchanon promoted this ideal atheist 20 years ago. Is Patrick Buchanon moderate?
ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@Greyparrot
I like your ideal. Accelerationism is based
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
Thank you maam.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@ponikshiy
raising the minimum wage is moderate. enforcing labor laws is more practical, which is a moderate virtue. party values evolve so every 20 years u gotta reconsider what r the party values
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Please, tell us more about those horrible minimum wage laws.
Let's say you have an American business, labor is set at 11 dollars for an hour of shit low-tier labor.(the very lowest tier)

Now you have a Chinese company, the labor is set at 8 dollars(being absolutely generous here) for an hour of the very bottom unskilled shit labor.  

Americans shop on amazon and will choose to buy China and NK products. China's and NK money increases value while the US dollar decreases.
American businesses will scramble to replace shit laborers with AI in a desperate move to compete in the global market, but the damage will be done, and they will lose the global market share to BRICS nations.

If you truly support NK, you will support this Republican plan.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Oh great...

Well, hello there Karl Marx.

I am impressed that you are using one of Marx's theories. I thought you capitalists disagree with Marx.

It was Marx who said that wages always drop to minimum because any place that increases wages above minimum cannot compete with other places on the market.

Also, places that increase wages experience buisness drain as investments naturally move to areas with cheaper labor force.

Therefore, any area that increases wages is doomed to have not only less investments, but also more expensive products that cannot compete on foreign markets while foreign products can compete on all markets due to being cheap.

However, the reality of the government regulated market is such that the more minimum wage increases, the more money ordinary person has.

First, countries that dont have minimum wage dont compete well for many reasons.

1. If you sell all your cheap products to other countries, what will local population buy? Nothing. 
Making your own population very poor is actually a terrible way to manage a country.
It creates whats called negative trade of goods.

If I have 5 cookies and you have 1 cookie.
If you have each of your five cookies cost 1 dollar and I have my one cost 5 dollars. If you sell yours to my population, your population then is forced to buy mine.

So we earn the same, but you put much more effort into making those 5 cookies than I did for my 1, and my population ends up having more cookies.

2. There isnt enough Chinese products for entire America and China. The reality is that Americans would still have to buy American products, like they do right now. Plus, plenty of patriots. Not everyone wants Chinese, even when cheaper.

3. Tarrifs - This is what China fears the most.

4. While it is true that US products cannot be cheaper than Chinese ones without government intervention, it is still true that it would be bad for China to try to conquer US market.
In capitalism, "conquering a market" actually means making yourself dependent on said market to earn money. So really, any attempt of China to make itself dependent on USA would be bad for China. USA closes market for China or imposes sudden tarrifs, and China's economy goes to shit instantly with millions of Chinese buisnesses collapsing.

5. There is no history of minimum wage failing. In fact, high wages attract foreign workers and improve buisnesses.

6. You are not beating China by not implementing minimum wage.
Wages in China are like 200 $. So unless you lower wages of Americans to that much, which you wont do, minimum wage law makes very little difference in that particular competition.

Now, I have to say that Marx himself supported minimum wage.

He described the market as bunch of people eating same soup with spoons of different sizes. Minimum wage just gives workers bigger spoons so they eat more, while spoons of capitalists become slightly smaller so they eat less.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
As long as you support NK dominance, you must support this.

Americans may have dominated globally in the past with affordable shit-tier labor, but that needs to change if China and the rest of the BRICS nations are to establish their rightful and just dominance over the global economy. You must support this.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
I support  North Korean success. North Korea is actually a very good country to live in, compared to China.

China? China is literally a shit hole and a wet dream of every capitalist in the world.

In USA, you pay worker over 1000$ per month.

In China, you pay worker less than 200$ per month.

However, there is another catch. In China, worker works 12 hours a day for that 200$ wage, where in USA worker works 8 hours a day for 1000$ wage.

And if you are lucky, Chinese government will print money and sponsor you.

The only fucking government that takes from the poor and gives to the rich. 

The ultimate system of modern-day slavery that breaks its citizens into obedient animals.

Do you want for USA to be like that? No? Then dont support Chinese policies.

If you have to become China to beat China, then better dont play that game at all.

Sure, I support North Korea getting strong. North Korea has very limited trade with other countries. Its an ultimate model of stable hermit state.

China is the ultimate slavery system of this century that got rich by overworking its citizens to death.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I approve of establishing a minimum wage far higher than the global average for entry-tier unskilled labor. That will hasten the destruction of the global American dollar as a world currency. And the best part is that we can blame Republicans for doing it!
Mr. Glib - unemployed and useless in a variety of ways

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
I believe at $100 a day, GP makes less than minimum wage 

Let's say you have an American business (or government job)labor is set at 11 dollars for an hour of shit low-tier labor.(the very lowest tier)

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Americans shop on amazon and will choose to buy China and NK products. 
American companies have their products made in China. Are those products American products or Chinese products?

shit laborers
Talk about projecting 

If you truly support NK, you will support this Republican plan.
What’s the Libertarian plan? Oh right, they don’t have any plans. They just sit on the sidelines bitchin and moaning, wondering why nobody will vote for them.

ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@Best.Korea
I am impressed that you are using one of Marx's theories. I thought you capitalists disagree with Marx.
Capitalists agree with Marx on a lot of points,  particularly the most libertarian capitalists.  His observations are pretty good. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ponikshiy
Well said.