Democrat is indicted by Biden Dept. of Justice- how could this be?

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 47
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
The MAGA Morons are always saying the justice department only prosecutes Republicans. So how can a Democrat get investigated by the corrupt FBI?

“Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and his wife have been indicted on bribery charges, Justice Department officials announced Friday morning, detailing what officials said was a corrupt scheme involving gold bars, stacks of cash, and using his powerful position to secretly help a foreign country.“
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

I bet Gp will start a new topic titled: Bob Menendez EXPOSES WAPO  "reporter"  Pressuring Justice Department To Cancel Him with Bribery Accusations! 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Thank the lord WAPO, our lord and savior.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Thank the lord WAPO, our lord and savior.
Thank the Justice Department for doing their job like they usually do. Unfortunately, the MAGA Morons accuse the FBI and the Justice Department in general of being corrupt when they go after members of their tribe. That is complete nonsense and undermines our democracy.

WAPO reports facts. That is their role. Jimmy Dore and David Parkman have a role to get people angry and tell the MAGA MORONS what they want to hear.
The adults and responsible citizens read WAPO. The morons watch Jimmy Dore and other crap found on line.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
This is one of the many differences between Democrat voters and the MAGA MORONS. 

We live in reality. When a Democrat is indicted by the Justice Department, we tend to believe them. We look at the facts as they are presented and use critical thinking skills to make a judgment. We don’t cry witch hunt or defund the FBI without good reason. We don’t engage in whataboutism to dismiss the facts.

We might object to a MAGA MORON who points the finger at a Democrat when Republicans have done the same or worse to highlight the hypocrisy of the MM, but we don’t deny the facts of the argument if they are real or cry witch hunt or some other bogus response.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
David Parkman
David Pakman, the real world knows who Pakman is. And it most certainly is not anything you described.
Maybe relying on WAPO for all information has some drawbacks....
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
David Pakman tells MAGA morons what they want to hear? That’s a new one. You know what happens when you assume!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Big shocker!
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Maybe relying on WAPO for all information has some drawbacks....
Ya, I read an article in WAPO about David Pakman being the John Melaney of talk radio.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
David Pakman tells MAGA morons what they want to hear? 
Pakman is in the nonsense business. MAGA MORONS want to hear nonsense.

ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
Is it possible for corrupt beaurocrats to simultaneously lock up real criminals, while also railroading people?

Another question.

Is it possible Trump is guilty of many of his charges but it is also potentially true that establishment Democrats and establishment Republicans who are not seen as a threat to the system also get away with similar crimes when in the oval office? 

I don't know much about this Menendez guy. Perhaps he is also being railroaded, but I do not understand this American all or nothing thinking. 

Perhaps things are nuanced. I mean Putin's justice department locks up actual murderers and rapists. I would never claim that he would never target innocent people because he has targeted guilty ones. It's a silly argument.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Pakman is in the nonsense business.
You think so?

“McCarthy’s impeachment stunt lacks any evidence”

“Are Trump’s lawyers really going to make these legal arguments?”

“Be mindful of Ramaswamy’s lying techniques”

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
He’s not a journalist. I would never watch Pakman and think I’m getting real news.

He has no ethical standards to abide by. He has no editor to supervise his “reporting”
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Democrats don’t rally around Menendez and cry Witch Hunt because Democrats live in reality.

Why can’t Republicans be normal?

In his first corruption trial, Democrat voters did not stay supportive of the Senator although he won reelection after a deadlock jury.

“Throughout the trial, poll after poll found that his approval numbers were plummeting, and a Quinnipiac poll released in September showed that 50 percent of likely New Jersey voters said that Mr. Menendez did not deserve to be re-elected”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Pakman is in the nonsense business. MAGA MORONS want to hear nonsense.
Can you believe he STILL thinks Pakman's viewers are "MAGA morons"?
He also has the exact same show format as Sam Seder, another far-left opinionator.
Pakman holds a graduate degree in communications from a far-left University.
Every one of his watchers is a far left, WAPO reading Biden supporter. Most of his shows read off the exact same headlines as WAPO.

Please do not ever let him forget this.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
No No, I take it back, Pakman is garbage "nonsense". Let's watch the snake eat the tail.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Every one of his watchers is a far left, WAPO reading Biden supporter. Most of his shows read off the exact same headlines as WAPO.
As you know, talk radio and other nonsensical types of programming are not particularly popular with liberals because liberals use critical thinking skills and want responsible politics.

There are likely 20 conservative talk shows for every one liberal show.

Serious people who subscribe to WAPO do not listen to talk radio or political podcasters like Pakman. Because we are intelligent adults, not MAGA MORONS 

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
The MAGA Morons are always saying the justice department only prosecutes Republicans. So how can a Democrat get investigated by the corrupt FBI?
Next they'll say Mendez was only indicted because of right wing pressure to arrest the Dems too.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Pakman holds a graduate degree in communications from a far-left University.
That’s another lie. You always lie. He went to Bentley University for his MBA. You always make shit up because Libertarians can’t make an effective argument on the facts.

Bentley University is a private university in Waltham, Massachusetts. Founded in 1917 as a school of accounting and finance in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, Bentley moved to Waltham in 1968. Bentley awards Bachelor of Science degrees in 14 business fields and Bachelor of Arts degrees in 11 arts and sciences disciplines, offering 36 minors in arts and science and business disciplines.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Serious people who subscribe to WAPO do not listen to talk radio or political podcasters like Pakman. Because we are intelligent adults, not MAGA MORONS 
I think you're confused about who Pakman is. His show is entirely catered to the intelligent left wing viewer. He recently wrote a children's book called "think like a detective" to teach kids critical thinking as a way of fighting back against MAGA type extremism.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I think you're confused about who Pakman is. His show is entirely catered to the intelligent left wing viewer. He recently wrote a children's book called "think like a detective" to teach kids critical thinking as a way of fighting back against MAGA type extremism.
Straight Arrow News (Pakman works there) was created by businessman Joe Ricketts. Founder of TD Ameritrade and owner of the Chicago Cubs.

This guy is not a liberal. He is anti-union.

On May 17, 2012, The New York Times published a story by Jeff Zeleny and Jim Rutenberg reporting that The Ending Spending Action fund had been presented with a 54-page proposal entitled, "The Defeat of Barack Hussein Obama: the Ricketts Plan to End His Spending for Good."

“As of mid-2014, his Ending Spending SuperPac had supported only Republicans.”

You need to do more research and be more careful with your critical thinking skills 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Only 3 Senate Democrats have called for Senator Menendez to resign.

36 had called for Al Franken to resign when some women accused him of sexual harassment.

Of course Republicans haven’t called for Menendez to resign. They want to make the case against FBI investigators.

Senate Democrats need to make it clear that Menendez must go. He has a presumption of innocence in a criminal court but not in life in general.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
This is what I meant about "the snake eating the tail"

If there are going to be such strict "purity tests" for a Democrat where an educated person like Pakman with millions of viewers is no longer welcome, that's going to be the eventual end of the left.

At first, I thought this was satire, but I really think now some people really do think this way.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R

David Pakman can’t remember the last time he lost his cool. 

That’s pretty rare for someone who makes a living talking about politics online, which Pakman has done for more than 13 years. Look across YouTube or TikTok and you’ll find videos of him forcefully but calmly making the case for progressive politics, sometimes in digital venues where those politics are not particularly popular.

I'd like to think you and Pakman share a lot in common, as you tend to keep your cool in this forum as well.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
I’m an intelligent left wing viewer and I’ve never heard of this guy until about a week ago here on DART.

Intelligent people who follow politics don’t watch his kind of crap funded by a Joe Ricketts kind of guy.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I'd like to think you and Pakman share a lot in common, as you tend to keep your cool in this forum as well.
I take that as a compliment so thanks. I am told I can be quite dismissive and condensing, something I am working on but it's difficult when people make arguments I just can't see themselves taking seriously, so that's my version of losing my cool I guess.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I’m an intelligent left wing viewer and I’ve never heard of this guy until about a week ago here on DART.

Intelligent people who follow politics don’t watch his kind of crap funded by a Joe Ricketts kind of guy.
Sounds like you have a real bias against any internet podcast type of program given that you never even heard of this guy but have already formed a judgement on his show and his viewers.

Not sure if you'd consider me an intelligent viewer, I am subscribed to his channel and watch his show regularly. In fact I consider him to be the political figure I would align myself with moreso than any other.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
Not sure if you'd consider me an intelligent viewer, I am subscribed to his channel and watch his show regularly. In fact I consider him to be the political figure I would align myself with moreso than any other.
Did you know his show was financed by Joe Ricketts?

I can evaluate a show by knowing its structure. I know a podcast is not as structured as The NY Times newspaper. A podcast is not regulated internally or externally the way a newspaper is. Imagine if the medical profession wasn’t regulated. It would be pretty difficult to trust a doctor’s opinion in that case, right? You couldn’t be sure any given doctor knew what they were talking about or had been properly trained. He could be a quack.

A podcaster is a quack of the News profession. At best it’s a place to hear opinions. It’s not a credible source of news. They can say whatever they want.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
It hasn’t been 24 hours since I posted that only 3 Democrat Senators had called for Menendez to resign.

Now we are up to 18 Democratic Senators and zero Republican. 

Democrats are the party of anti-corruption. Republicans are the party of corruption 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Did you know his show was financed by Joe Ricketts?
No. Why would that matter, and if you really think it does a citation would be nice.

A podcaster is a quack of the News profession. At best it’s a place to hear opinions. It’s not a credible source of news. They can say whatever they want.
It's political commentary, not really all that different from any of the other prime time cable news shows.

Blanket assertions are useless, credibility is judged case by case. I've been listening to him for years now, I find him just as credible if not more credible than any other prime time host.