Democrat is indicted by Biden Dept. of Justice- how could this be?

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 47
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Not to mention, most of these shows use "trusted media" for the source material of the shows....

the purity tests are set at such a high bar, it's a wonder there are any Democrats at all!
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
No. Why would that matter, and if you really think it does a citation would be nice.
Why would that matter?

Does is matter that FOX News is owned by the Murdochs?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
It's political commentary, not really all that different from any of the other prime time cable news shows. 
Hopefully you get your news mainly from Newspapers.

There’s all kinds of political commentary. There’s Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh kind of commentary, and there’s CNN and MSNBC. Big difference.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
I find him just as credible if not more credible than any other prime time host.
I find it hard to believe that he is a credible source of news. What resources does he have at his disposal? Does he have a team of fact checkers and investigative reporters? Does he have an editor to keep him honest? Do you verify any information you get from him? 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Does is matter that FOX News is owned by the Murdochs?
Does it matter that WAPO is owned by a multi Billionaire? Since when did news get more credible the richer the owner was?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No. Why would that matter, and if you really think it does a citation would be nice.
Why would that matter?
You stated that he was funded by Joe Ricketts. First of all what does that even mean? Was Ricketts an advertiser? Are you claiming he owned the show?

Second, when was this? The David Pakman show is funded by it's advertisers, as is every other show. If this was some time ago then that is irrelevant now. If you're saying the guy owns the show now that would be quite a fraud you have uncovered... In which case a citation would be nice.

There’s all kinds of political commentary. There’s Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh kind of commentary, and there’s CNN and MSNBC. Big difference.
Pakman is neither.

I find it hard to believe that he is a credible source of news. What resources does he have at his disposal? Does he have a team of fact checkers and investigative reporters? Does he have an editor to keep him honest? Do you verify any information you get from him?
He reads, just as you suggested anyone interested in "real news" should do.

I don't just listen to him, I get my news from a number of different sources including Fox News. I like to hear every side of an issue because if anyone is going to provide the facts and logic to show you're wrong it's the people passionately pushing for the alternative narrative. It's why I spend so much time here arguing with right wingers.

I find him trustworthy because he always does a good job including and representing opposing viewpoints, has no problem admitting when "his side" is wrong and stresses people utilizing their own critical thinking abilities to challenge him rather than expecting anyone to just take his word for it. He is exactly the kind of commentator our politics needs.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
You stated that he was funded by Joe Ricketts. First of all what does that even mean?

Pakman’s show is part of SAN, Straight Arrow News. Joe Ricketts is the founder and CEO of SAN

Second, when was this?
Now, it’s happening now. Pakman is an employee of Joe Ricketts.

Ricketts is a Trump supporter and a MAGA Moron 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Since when did news get more credible the richer the owner was?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
So you learned something today.

Dave Pakman works for Joe Ricketts. The same way Sean Hannity works for Rupert Murdoch.

And Ricketts is a known Trump supporter and a bigot. A bigot against blacks and Muslims.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Does it matter that WAPO is owned by a multi Billionaire? Since when did news get more credible the richer the owner was?
It’s not that they are rich. The problem is Murdoch and Ricketts are morons. And they are actively involved in their media business.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Dave Pakman works for Joe Ricketts.
I found zero sources for this. In fact, the entire article describing the Pakman Show has no reference at all.

You are taking the ridiculous argument that because a person once knew another person, then they can't be trusted.

Republicans did this with Obama by saying Obama knew Louis Farrakhan and was involved in the weather underground because Obama knew Bill Ayers. Wild claims like these belong in the trashcan.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I found zero sources for this. In fact, the entire article describing the Pakman Show has no reference at all.
Did you got to the Straight Arrow News website? Did you open my links?

Republicans did this with Obama by saying Obama knew Louis Farrakhan and was involved in the weather underground because Obama knew Bill Ayers. Wild claims like these belong in the trashcan.
First of all, don’t pretend to be defending Obama. Second, there is nothing wild here.

Ricketts owns Straight Arrow News

The David Pakman Show is part of Straight Arrow News.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
As far as I know, Straight Arrow pays Pakman a fee for rebroadcasting their content. The Pakman Show existed a lot longer than the the many outlets subleasing the content from them. SAN rebroadcasts more than a dozen internet content creators from all over the political spectrum.

If you can provide an article saying the Pakman Show is created and funded by anything other than what the available articles cite regarding the show, feel free to do so.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
As far as I know, Straight Arrow pays Pakman a fee for rebroadcasting their content. 
And how do you know that? 

I suppose FOX News pays Sean Hannity a fee to rebroadcast his show too.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
There is definitely no shortage of presumptions, I agree.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Straight Arrow News launched in June 2021

The Pakman Show first aired in August 2005 on WXOJ-LP, a radio station located in Northampton, Massachusetts, later being nationally syndicated, and eventually achieving broader international distribution in a number of countries, as well as online.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
The Pakman Show first aired in August 2005 on WXOJ-LP, a radio station located in Northampton, Massachusetts, later being nationally syndicated, and eventually achieving broader international distribution in a number of countries, as well as online.
Yes, no doubt it started long before SAN. Pakman is independent from SAN. I was wrong.