-->
@bsh1
like it
KingLaddy01
Debates: 0
KingLaddy01
-->
@Vader
Ok calling somebody "hitler" is often a heartily exaggerated joke and shouldn't be taken too seriously. I am aware that he has commited multiple offenses prior to the ban, but that is more of an opportunity to mock him for his piss poor attempt at comedy than to report him. I am not trying to bash you bud, but people will side against you if you do that in the future.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@KingLaddy01
Fair point. I don't care tbh but SHES a hypocrite and an over reactor 

Everything I say she decides to respond to it with a snarky comment. Then she said the most stupidest thing since Trump wet hurricane. She said I write my poems about the people on here! That shit was funny and I called her stupid and she attacked me more until she said "Hitler was a fascist poet." That crossed the line for someone who could take that to offense. I reported her bc it was something to find her guilty of

Do I care, No she is obviously crazy.
Do I like her, No
Was this an opportunity to ban her, yes. so i took advantage of it
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@Vader

I wouldn't be saying that.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@David
If I recall correctly you don't need to confirm the email address to use your account. This is something that definitely should be looked into. 
Of course you do, we're not some garbage website :). The only time you don't need to is when I get it from the social network that is used to log in, because in this case I trust that it's already been confirmed.

David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@DebateArt.com
Ah lol. I couldn't remember if I had to confirm my email or not.

In that case who in their right mind would create 30+ different email accounts just to bog us down?
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@David
I think he should have been banned for far longer.
David
David
-->
@KingLaddy01
Yeah. bsh is too nice of a guy...
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@KingLaddy01
If he repeats, the ban will be much, much longer. But, again, I would prefer to err on the side of not being heavy-handed. But multi-accounting is, in my mind, a serious offense, and so after this slap on the wrist, there is not much room for leniency.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
So far, the longest ban issued to any specific user has been 10 days. 
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@bsh1
I would agree with you if he didn't create 30+ accounts, that is just inexcusable. He would be banned for months under my moderation.
Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
-->
@Vader
If I'm ever banned, please initiate a very large hyper-dramatic public thread demanding answers. 

Infer that whatever answer you get is a lie. 

Then accuse the mods of stealing your sandwich. 

Thank you in advance.
David
David
-->
@Raltar
rofl
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@Vader
Good...I applaud you for your service against her
Maybe you didn't commit any bannable offenses and what she did was worse, I don't know enough about the situation, but you can't seriously pretend to take the moral high ground here. You used a gendered slur, participated in active cross-contamination and flame wars distracting from the discussion my thread was trying to deal with, and publicly threatened moderator action (which isn't permitted by the CoC). You should feel terrible. 

Castin
Castin
-->
@Vader
Fair point. I don't care tbh but SHES a hypocrite and an over reactor 

Everything I say she decides to respond to it with a snarky comment. Then she said the most stupidest thing since Trump wet hurricane. She said I write my poems about the people on here! That shit was funny and I called her stupid and she attacked me more until she said "Hitler was a fascist poet." That crossed the line for someone who could take that to offense. I reported her bc it was something to find her guilty of

Do I care, No she is obviously crazy.
Do I like her, No
I will never believe this was a significant factor of why the mods banned Poly. Unless a mod makes a clear post saying "This was a significant factor in why we, the mods, banned Poly. Signed, Virt or bish." And even then I'll be like, srsly?

Vader
Vader
-->
@David
Then he created 30+ emails. Holy shit
Vader
Vader
-->
@KingLaddy01
Well that technically is not against the CoC when a bannable offense is there to point it out

Vader
Vader
-->
@Tejretics
I dd not start it, she commented on what I said and I fired back. I did not use any mis gendered verbs, believe me. I know what I say and I did not say that. I will take moral high ground. She started it. Plus the forum was a flamewar to start off with, way more than I contributed to the situation. But yea I will go cry in the bathroom stall for how horrible I feel for getting her banned after she attacked my poems and called me a fascist poet. I'll cry myself to sleep even though I contributed barely anything to your apology expect when Poly called me out. I'm SO SORRY I have sinned in the name of our lord

Vader
Vader
-->
@Raltar
Noted
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@Tejretics
cross-contamination and flame wars distracting from the discussion my thread was trying to deal with, 
I can agree with other things you said but RM being a thin-skinnd crybully is what ruined your thread. This is why he is such a detriment to everyone around him.
Vader
Vader
-->
@KingLaddy01
Like I said before, I did not initiate the flame war. Poly attacked me so I fired back
Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
I agree to a certain degree. However, it could have hit the nail on the coffin
Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@Vader
I dd not start it, she commented on what I said and I fired back.
"Firing back" is not an excuse in any sense. Kindergarten children retaliate when insulted on the playground. People who're not kindergarten children ought show some maturity. In particular, as per the CoC, "If you are having a dispute with another site member, the appropriate response is to inform moderation. It is not appropriate to respond with invective." 

I did not use any mis gendered verbs, believe me. I know what I say and I did not say that.
I didn't accuse you of misgendering. I accused you of using a gendered slur (specifically, "bitch").

Plus the forum was a flamewar to start off with, way more than I contributed to the situation. 
That isn't an excuse to participate in the situation. 

I also pointed out another CoC violation of yours; as per the code of conduct, "Misconduct should be reported to moderation rather than complained about in the forums. Even if an accusation or complaint is justified, it is not permissible to threaten another user on the basis of those accusations or complaints. Allow moderation to handle the situation. Threats are, for the purposes of this policy, personal attacks. They are not tolerated. Threats include (but are not limited to) . . . [t]hreats of moderator reporting or moderator action."
Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@Vader
To be clear, I'm not defending Polytheist's actions. They undoubtedly deserved the temp-ban, based on their conduct in the thread in question.

But calling out one person doesn't mean I can't call out another. You can point in another user's direction all you like. The fact is that you have no right to take the moral high ground. You behaved in an immature way and actively contributed to the cross-contamination of another thread. None of those are bannable offenses and, at best, they might be borderline CoC violations, but that doesn't make your behavior justified. 
Vader
Vader
I dd not start it, she commented on what I said and I fired back. 
"Firing back" is not an excuse in any sense. Kindergarten children retaliate when insulted on the playground. People who're not kindergarten children ought show some maturity. In particular, as per the CoC, "If you are having a dispute with another site member, the appropriate response is to inform moderation. It is not appropriate to respond with invective." 
Noted: Defending yourself versus someone attacking you is against the rules. I will greatly note of that I can not defend myself

I did not use any mis gendered verbs, believe me. I know what I say and I did not say that.
I didn't accuse you of misgendering. I accused you of using a gendered slur (specifically, "bitch").
She attacked my personal problems, worse than me calling her a bitch

Plus the forum was a flamewar to start off with, way more than I contributed to the situation. 
That isn't an excuse to participate in the situation. 

I also pointed out another CoC violation of yours; as per the code of conduct, "Misconduct should be reported to moderation rather than complained about in the forums. Even if an accusation or complaint is justified, it is not permissible to threaten another user on the basis of those accusations or complaints. Allow moderation to handle the situation. Threats are, for the purposes of this policy, personal attacks. They are not tolerated. Threats include (but are not limited to) . . . [t]hreats of moderator reporting or moderator action."
I did not participate in the big flame war. I commented once and she got me into beef

Vader
Vader
-->
@Tejretics
I am not saying I am morally correct for saying those things. I am saying I had a right to defend myself am at a more moral high ground than her
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Vader
I'd say on past evidence PW has issues and wont/cant change.

i like PW. 

My attitude would be that she was too scattergun and indiscriminate to take seriously and a ban will have no effect whatsoever.   i'b ban people for reacting to her badly, so it's a good job i will almost certainly never have anything to do with running this place!

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@David
In that case who in their right mind would create 30+ different email accounts just to bog us down?
maybe the answer is already in the question...
Dealing with nutters is another reason i don't want to run a board.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Whenever Bsh explains a ban, it sounds like this:

He abandoned an academic career in 1969 to pursue a primitive lifestyle. Between 1978 and 1995, he killed three people and injured 23 others in an attempt to start a revolution by conducting a nationwide bombing campaign targeting people involved with modern technology.

He was banned for 4 days.
Not to say it’s wrong - just to point out the things being done are often excessive followed by moderation attempts to be, well, moderate.