Debates: 0
FLRW

OMG, I'm a Trumper!
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
That is the strangest defense for Trump I have seen in a while.
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@Greyparrot
In Russia, do they use the National Guard to keep order?
In mother Russia we take care of things ourselves. A few years ago it made international news when a man tried to rob a hair salon, and the hair salon owner kept him cuffed in the basement for 2 weeks and raped him repeatedly. 

We believe in law and order here, so nobody get away with crime
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Greyparrot
'When the looting starts, the shooting starts' has a well established racial component to it historically. Plus, this isn't the first time Trump has uttered this sentiment in a context where the perception was non-whites would be on the receiving end of hot lead.

This is a dog whistle.

You're too smart to play this dumb. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@SkepticalOne
So what? Do you think I support authoritarian violence from either extreme wing?

I think your arguments are evolved from a false sense of presumptions.

This is a dog whistle.
Out of all the hackneyed phrases to gain popularity in the last decade, this deliberate cop out for an actual argument and a blank justification for any unsubstantiated claim is my pet peeve.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Greyparrot
Out of all the hackneyed phrases to gain popularity in the last decade, this deliberate cop out for an actual argument and a blank justification for any unsubstantiated claim is my pet peeve.
That would be a great response if I hadn't provided the historical precedents providing context. Words and phrases have connotations built on previous usage. Previous usage of this phrase ("when the looting starts, the shooting starts") is ugly.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@SkepticalOne
Previous usage of this phrase is ugly.
And continues to this day. 

IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@Greyparrot
So you know your place, and have surrendered quietly. What a good person.
This is what we call karma. Lol.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
From what I know, the police in the States are really brutal and the law seemingly allows them to be so. That's why I ask if it's possible to shoot a looter when is caught red handed considering that most of them are unarmed and according to human rights you can't shoot an unarmed person. Maybe it's possible given that americans don't give a shit to human rights (you still have death penalty), but on the other hand maybe it's not because most of the looters are black and the victimism can arise. That seems to be a dilemma.
The law of course doesn't allow police officers to shoot looters, all alleged criminals are legally entitled to due process. The problem in our laws is that police officers are allowed to shoot a perpetrator if they "fear for their life", but there seems to be nothing governing such criteria so they can make up any excuse they want and it doesn't really matter of their fear was reasonable. That's what needs to change.
ponikshiy
ponikshiy
-->
@Double_R
This is a myth. There is clear policies for when an officer can shoot. If he thinks you are going to drive a car away and potentially hit him with it in the process for example, he could shoot you to prevent that. 

If you are told to put your hands in the air and don't then it is also reasonable to think sudden movements are for a gun. 

The law says that a reasonable person would have to think their life was under threat or that of innocent bystanders. There is also the use of force continuum, which is why it is stupid when people say "he got shot over a ticket" no they have to enforce the law, be got shot for not complying and making the need for use of force to escalate. 

In America in particular, the police assume every single person they interact with have a gun and so they come in with this mindset, as they should.

These race batters have lied to you and you are gullible enough to believe it. For example you still think "hands up, Don't shoot was accurate" when the evidence points to that suspect reaching through the car window and trying to go for an officers gun while the officer is in a vulnerable position.