Christians, before you support Israel, just realize they hate you

Author: ponikshiy

Total: 70
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Lemming
Who was occupying the land before god gifted the land to the descendants of Abram?

Which turned out to be not a gift at all. No, they had to take the already occupied land that had it own established towns, cities and a  king/s,  by force and butchering "every living thing that breaths" in their path Deuteronomy 20:16, it was called Canaan.

I just recently heard a  political commentator ( Melanie Phillips I think?)  suggest that there was no one there but  Bedouins with a few camels, goats, tents, pots and pans for cooking.  This has to be a bare faced lie if the bible is to believed.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Intelligence is a state of mind relative to the acquisition and application of knowledge.

Stupidity is a state of mind relative to the acquisition and application of knowledge.

Sensible is a state of mind relative to the acquisition and application of knowledge.

So humans can either be Intelligent and stupid or intelligent and sensible.

So as I see it, intelligent people killing each other on the basis of memories and  contrived differences are stupid.

Whereas forgetting the past and sharing a beer and some food is sensible.

Sadly humans have a preferential propensity for the former.

Intelligent, but still in the cave fighting monsters.
FLRW
FLRW

In a speech in the early years of his rule, Hitler declared himself "Not a Catholic, but a German Christian". The German Christians were a Protestant group that supported Nazi Ideology. Hitler and the Nazi Party also promoted "nondenominationalpositive Christianity.

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Stephen
I am not willing to consider your post #61 in depth,
Due to the gist of it and past posts by you,
I don't think there is value in it for me.

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
People have values,
To protect those values, tribalism is necessary.

It is not "contrived differences", it is fundamental differences in values.
From my view anyway.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Lemming
I am not willing to consider your post #61 in depth,

I think you mean you not willing to consider my post -  at all.

Frankly, Lemming, my post #61 was put out there for the consideration of anyone that may be interested.

Interestingly, I looked into the political commentator that I  mention in my post#61.

Melanie Phillips
Currently writes for The TimesThe Jerusalem Post, and The Jewish Chronicle, covering political and social issues from a social conservative perspective.
Her family is Jewish and emigrated to Britain from Poland and Russia.

That may well explain her comments  concerning the land  that god promised to Abram and his descendants and why she stated that  there was nothing there "but a few nomads with couple of goats camels and tents". She is  obviously  going to steer clear of any questions of how the Israelites came to be the occupants of that part of the world in the first place.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
There's very little about humans and their developed societies that isn't contrived.

Separatism is a result of the past and therefore a result of ongoing contrived memories.

Values are no more or less contrived...From my view anyway.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
As an example,
(This is not a reference to any culture or group in specific)
I would prefer not to be part of a tribe that rapes women, then forces them to marry their rapist,
I would prefer not to be part of a tribe that takes civilians hostage and executes them,
I don't 'care if values are contrived or not,
Whether nihilism is true or not, doesn't really seem to matter much towards the human condition,
Humans 'generally continue to care about their values.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Your preferences are based upon your conditioning.

So you prefer what you are used to.

As does the other guy.

So separate societies developed with different values.

And no doubt the other guy can make up their own dramatic examples of your society, which they do not regard as preferable.

So even if you choose to start the clock in 1948. I still don't see the Israeli as necessarily the good guy.

But let's be realistic...The conflict started thousands of years before that.

And who cast the first stone?
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
Islamophobic Christian here.

The correct side for Christians to support is Palestine. Many Arab Palestinians are Christian and support Palestine, Israel occupation has been the hardest on them. Even militant Islamists in Palestine are cordial with Palestinian Christians because it’s fundamentally a unified national and anti-apartheid struggle.

American Evangelicals are fake Christians and are a bunch of Zionist d***riders that simp for people who hate them. They hate and spit on Palestinian Christians and support Jewish apartheid over them because they’re not true Christians but are satanist, zionist cucks.