it's objectively possible to argue there's no evidence for God, it just lacks common sense

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 51
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
an atheist here made a good point... sometimes things look more like they are 'consistent' with God theory, rather than 'evidence for' God theory. any time you see evdience for God, ask if it would be better or at least possible to not call it evidence but merely consistent with God theory. 

there's lots of philosophic arguements for God. id group those with things like casuality arguments and design arguments. the thing about these is that there's at least plausible arguments that can be made that are counter those. so it's easy to just call these consistent with God and not evidence. 

then you get into more science type arguments. the most straight forward way of looking at these, is that they are in fact evdience for God. things that look like supernatural healing. atheists usually become theists during NDEs.  something impossible happening with healing it looks like, and we dont see that as far as we know coming from atheists, we dont see impossible looking healhings from atheists. and it's almost never the case that theists become atheists during NDEs and NDEs are objectively evidence for the afterlife, so it's at least realistic to say it's also evidence for God. 

with that said, if you have a dark heart and mind, an atheist could say there's no evidence for God with these scientifc things. you could say we only have confirmation bias that healings that look supernatural happen, or that theists only assume those things only happen to theists and not atheists. they make a big assumpion that impossible looking things happen to atheists, but we'd have to admit it's possible and just not reported. and, as far as NDEs, the conventional wisdom is that NDEs are subjective and influenced by the mind... so even if NDEs are objectively evidence for the afterlife, it's also possible to say visions and thoughts of God are merely produced by our psychology and not signs of an objective reality 

with all this said, even if they could plausibly say there's no evidence for the God, atheism still lacks common sense.
-i think there's too much emphasis in NDE research on saying their experiences are based on psychology... it looks more like objective things happen, and any deviations are misinterprataions. for example, christian NDEs are common, but hindu NDEs are just the experiencers interpretation... at least there's not enough deviant types of NDEs to say it's all psychology based. 
-when healings that look supernatural happen, it still looks like impossible things are occurring. you can try to rationalize it, but that's what it looks like. 
-to say humans are merely flesh robots is riduculous. it's obvious we are more than robots. 
-there's no explanation that we know of that can explain how life started on earth, or how something as complicated as human consciousness occurrs. there's theories, yes, but they are weak from atheists on the common sense level.
-even if there are counter arguents for the philosophic arguments for God, they are at least formidable and strong, and help explain the God theory, at least if the God theory is in fact true. eg, causality or the argument from design 

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Almighty protector of the Sun and the sky
I beg of thee, please hear my cry
Transform yourself from your orb of light
And bring me victory in this fight
Envelop the deserts with your glow
And cast your rage upon my foe
Unlock your powers from deep within
So that together we may win
I ask thee grace our humble game
But first I shall call out thy name
Winged Dragon of Ra!
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Common now, summon your God.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgim

Maybe there are a quarter million programmers creating this simulation? When I was in collage and 20 years old I had an NDE after taking 
psilocybin.

FLRW
FLRW

When recollections of drug effects were compared with NDEs, stories about hallucinogens and psychedelics had the greatest similarities to NDEs, and the drug that scored the highest similarity to NDEs was the hallucinogen ketamine.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@FLRW
it's misleading to the point of being wronng to say drugs reproduce NDEs. it's almost never the case that a drug causes an eleaborate afterlife story. rarely a person might think they met God or visited the afterlife, but the experience is random and not clear like NDEs. it's rarely an elaborate afterlife story... it's more like there are similiarities, and that's all there is to it. also, even to the extent that there are similiarities, it's not like a genuine NDE. NDEs have classic elements that drugs dont cause, like tunnels, light beings, life reviews, meeting loved ones, being told it's not your time etc. drugs dont do that stuff. 

it's at best a stretch to compare NDEs to drugs. 
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@n8nrgim

n8nrgim,

My Christian God named Jesus of the Trinity Doctrine exists because of the following two propositions, DUH!

1.  The existence of the “Bibles Universe” is much better explained by the existence of my serial killer God named Jesus’ words within the scriptures as shown in the image below, praise biblical axioms!

2.  The existence of Bible “Objective Morality” is better explained by the existence of my serial killer God named Jesus’ true words as shown below, as only a few examples of many, praise!

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou BEATEST him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt BEAT HIM with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs.23:13-14)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.” (Exodus 21:7)

JESUS AS GOD SAID: “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?  For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.  (Matthew 15: 3-4)

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12) 

Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17) 

Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13) 

Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27) 

Death for Hitting your Father (Exodus 21:15) 

God allows women to be ripped open because they sinned (2 Kings 15:16) 

Death for Cursing Parents (Leviticus 20:9) 

Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT) 

Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9) 

Kill Nonbelievers (2 Chronicles 15:12-13) 

Kill False Prophets Zechariah 13:3) 

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy  (22:20-21) 

Kill Followers of Other Religions (Deuteronomy (13:7-12) 

Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16) 

Gay men Should Die (Romans 1:24-32) 

NEXT MEMBER THAT WRONGFULLY SAYS THAT THE CHRISTIAN GOD NAMED JESUS DOESN’T EXIST, WILL LAUGHABLY  BE …?

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@FLRW
im more curious if you think being an atheist makes sense from a common sense perspective. i've finally concluded after decades of thinking about this sort of stuff, that it's plausible to say there's no evidence for God. but, from a common sense perspective, i'm still as strong a theist as ever. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgim

I follow the thinking of Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgim

Globally, approximately 400,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year.
FLRW
FLRW

How come God isn't talking to people through a burning bush anymore?
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@FLRW
i know i said i wanted to talk about God, but i'm curious about your NDE. do you admit your experience was different than a classic NDE? i dont deny that it's possible to hallucinate afterlife stories, but there's no comparison to real NDEs. you probably didn't have those common elements like tuneels light beings deceased loved ones being told it's not your time life reviews etc. and authentic experiencers almost always say there's no doubt about their experence as real or that the afterlife exists. do you admit you didn't expereince these hallmarks of authentic experiences? i dont evven know your details, but if you had an authentic experience, then i know enough to say that your drug trip caused you to die and that you are an extrememly rare person who thinks it wasn't real when they experience it. drugs dont cause NDEs point blank, so anyone who did drugs and had an NDE must have died... at least that's the overwhelming way the evidence points.
the better explanation, is that you know it and we all know it, at best you hallucinated an afterlife experience that's nothing like a classic NDE. do you admit all this?

maybe God doesnt talk to people in a burning bush, cause that story was made up in the bible. i like to think the new testament is where the truth is, and jesus liked to heal people. there's not a lot of evidence of non healing miracles in the new testament. i like to think jesus still heals people with things that look like miraculous healing. to the extent that God does miracles that aren't healings, he's not going to do something that dispels all faith except in special circumstances. we're meant to walk by faith to a large degree. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Thats what I always wondered.

People throughout the Bible's history have seen God many times. They saw many miracles, such as water turning into wine, Jesus feeding 5000 people, burning talking bush, angels, God talking from cloud...

But today, there are no such miracles nor has God ever showed himself to us. Could it all be a lie and people just fell for it due to a lack of reason? People in those days didnt just believe in God. They also believed in evil spirits, vampires, monsters, fairies, werewolves, wizards, witches, giants, talking animals... well, we dont see those today either, so yeah... ancient people really liked to make things up.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
How come God isn't talking to people through a burning bush anymore?

Zipporah the wife of Moses was a flaming red head, so maybe it wasn't  a desert  bush that he was conversing with.?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgim

I guess I would call it an out of body experience. I walked up to the second floor of the apartment we were doing drugs in.
I looked down and saw myself sitting there with my girl friend. It was all observation and I didn't feel anything.
Also there was actually no second floor in the apartment.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@FLRW
But those scientifics you mentioned are not atheists, imho.

What do you believe in, FLWR? 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

I believe in the Friedmann–Lemaître–Robertson–Walker metric.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@FLRW
then i think it's misleading to the point of being wrong to say you had an NDE. at best you had an OBE and not NDE. but even on the OBE out of body experience point, in scientific research, the strories are almost always accurate or at least consistent with reality. if you had an OBE that wasn't consistent with reality, then it was probably just a drug trip and not an autehntic OBE. 

ive read enough of NDE OBE research to know your story wasn't going to make sense, even before getting the details. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

Albert Einstein said in 1954, the year he died : “The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@n8nrgim
maybe God doesnt talk to people in a burning bush, cause that story was made up in the bible. 
The most accepted theory about these silly stories is that Moises had an encounter with an alien being. There are lot of videos in YouTube explaining that, aside from History channel. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

“There is no God. No one directs the universe,” Stephen Hawking writes in “Brief Answers to the Big Questions.”
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@n8nrgim

n8nrgim,

YOUR QUOTE OF BIBLE IGNORANCE:  "maybe God doesnt talk to people in a burning bush, cause that story was made up in the bible. i like to think the new testament is where the truth is, and jesus liked to heal people."

The factual burning bush was made up according to your Devil Speak?  Just where in the hell do you get the authority to say it was made up, when Jesus' inspired words say the following: “Now when forty years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, in a flame of fire in a bush. When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight, and as he drew near to look, there came the voice of the Lord: ‘I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob.’ And Moses trembled and did not dare to look. Then the Lord said to him, ‘Take off the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and have heard their groaning, and I have come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send you to Egypt." (Acts 7:30-34). 

Therefore, the above passage is in the NEW TESTAMENT where you say the truth is, remember?  Then the burning bush narrative is NOT MADE UP like you stupidly proposed! Now, wipe the proverbial egg from your face for being so God Damned Bible Stupid! LOL!

n8nrgim, the Bible fool, put this biblical passage into your lacking memory bank so you won't be so Bible ignorant next time: "EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him." (Proverbs 30:5). EVERY word includes Jesus' Old Testament, so do not slap Him in the face just because of your Bible Stupidity, understood?!

NEXT DUMB ASS PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "N8NRGIM" THAT STATES BIBLICAL AXIOMS WERE MADE UP, AND CONTRADICTS JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS, WILL BE ...?

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@FLRW
Albert Einstein said in 1954, the year he died : “The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”
I think this is true, but you've got to consider he refered to the Christian God. 

I have the impression though that Einstein believed in the Spinoza God, but I'm not so sure, let me check that out. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgim

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@n8nrgim
I also think that atheism doesn't make sense because it's basically an ideological movement that appeared as a virulent reaction to religions.

Then, if religions for some reason disappear, so do atheism. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

In 1945 Guy Raner, Jr. wrote a letter to Einstein, asking him if it was true that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert from atheism. Einstein replied, "I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist. ... It is always misleading to use anthropomorphical concepts in dealing with things outside the human sphere—childish analogies. We have to admire in humility the beautiful harmony of the structure of this world—as far as we can grasp it, and that is all."

FYI, I am related to Einstein through the Koch family.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@IlDiavolo

Then, if religions for some reason disappear, so do atheism. 
No, it's, if religions for some reason disappear, then atheism is correct.      Remember that Bill Gates is an atheist.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@FLRW
is there something in that article you want to argue? from what i see, they are proposing a theory that parts of our brain cause different NDE expereinces, but even the paper admits it's all speculative. 

it's always the same song and dance, NDE researchers establish science to back NDEs as real, and skeptics at best provide weak philosophical arguemnts and are weak when it comes to actual science. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgim

Remember that your Afterlife will be the same as your Beforelife.

The goal of life is to make as much money as you can and have the most sex you can.

OMG, I'm a Trumper.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@n8nrgim

Stephen,

As we can see, poor n8nrgim made a bible fool of themselves, especially since n8nrgim glossed over my post #7 that explicitly shows my Jesus' universe as depicted at the time of Him walking the earth as shown herewith again: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPFLAY   Then, n8nrgim didn't comment upon the Bible's "Objective Morality" that I have learned to accept, even though it is brutal and bloody at best.  :(

Do you think that n8nrgim was just to SCARED to discuss the the two propositions of mine in showing that my serial killer JESUS AS GOD exists?   Or, is n8nrgim taking the road to RUN AWAY from biblical axioms like Miss Tradesecret and Critical-Tim have to do all the time to try and save face relative to actual Bible FACTS?  LOL!

Your comment upon Zipporah, the wife of Moses, having flaming red head, so maybe it wasn't  a burning bush that he was conversing with I am sure made Jesus smile.
Thank God that you didn't use the term burning bush relative to Zipporah needing a sexual union post haste at the time!