My argument for why girls should be allowed to join is pretty simple and straight forward,
1. Girls get an opportunity to become an eagle scout which is rather useful for job applications.
2. The troops aren't coed, so this means the girls and boys get to choose whether or not they want to do events with one another
The reason why I bring this up is that one of the strongest arguments I've heard is that it's pushing girls into boy scouts,
When in reality if anything it gives troops even more freedom of choice since now boys and girls can interact in a camp/meeting setting which in turn brings unity between the sexes.
3. Girls get to learn useful skills in Boy scouts that they wouldn't otherwise learn in girl scouts.
- Survival skills IE pocket knife safety and how to start a fire
- Leadership through planning meetings and organizing campouts and hikes. Not to mention useful courses such as NYLT ( National Youth Leadership Training ) and getting inducted into the order of the arrow.
- They also get to have lots of fun.
These are arguably the bulk of why I think it would be a good idea for girls to join the BSA, or now SOA.