Is Faith a Reliable Pathway to Truth?
The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
After 5 votes and with 11 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- One week
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- Two weeks
- Point system
- Multiple criterions
- Voting system
I will be arguing that faith is not a reliable path to truth, my opponent will be arguing that it is. In this debate, Faith means belief in a deity based on a strong conviction and not any evidence. Example:
Person A: "I believe God exists."
Person B: "Do you have any evidence that God exists?"
Person A: "No, I believe based on faith."
1. Strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
1. Consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
1. A way of achieving a specified result; a course of action.
1. In accordance with reality.
1. No Kritiks of the topic.
2. You must follow the definitions in the debate description.
3. No forfeiting rounds.
4. No trolling.
5. Provide sources for quotes or statistics.
Violation of any of those rules is considered bad conduct.
"All paths lead to the truth.Thus any path, including faith in any religion, will lead to truth."
If all paths lead to truth, that means all beliefs is true