A gun in the home will make you and your family less safe
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 3 votes and 21 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- Two days
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Four points
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
if you want to be safe , buy an alarm system , or a big dog, or a baseball bat, or a good dead bolk lock, or better yet move to a safer neighborhood , buying a gun is literally suicide https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/
Guns can kill you in three ways: homicide, suicide, and by accident.
Owning a gun or having one readily accessible makes all three more likely. One meta-analysis ”found strong evidence for increased odds of suicide among persons with access to firearms compared with those without access and moderate evidence for an attenuated increased odds of homicide victimization when persons with and without access to firearms were compared.” The latter finding is stronger for women, a reminder that guns are also a risk factor for domestic violence.
I make my own observation s to be honesty in the name of full disclosure i used to be a member of the NRA i did from 1988 to about 2000 i owned many guns handguns and semi automatic rifles with a military style look i was preparing for whatever crazy angry white men are arming up for, then i got help , therapy and proper medication , once i became less psychotic i realized what the whole gun culture was about , anger fear and paranoia, nothing about gun ownership is healthy or normal, stable people don't prepare for armegedden thats why we have police and military in a civilization,thats not to say there are not legitmate reason to own a gun hunting, target shooting, collecting and self defense, yes self defense, but other societies that do allow guns, require safety factors backround checks licensing limits on ammo magazine capacity etc, medical check ups training, registration this libertarian wet dream is a night marescreaming freedom and waving the constitution around like some meth addict or alex jones screaming about gay frogs? thats not an argument for gun rights , its proof you are not mature enough to own a gun , and for the millionth time there is no right to own a gun, there never was, nor should there be, it is a privieldge you earn through good conduct
1. The meta anlysis was done on guns that are readily accessible in the home. The resolution does not lcarifyb ...
- A gun that is accessible
- i.e. not in a gun safe.
- A person that knows how to disengage the safety mechanisms of the gun.
- "There are many types of safeties on today’s modern handguns. " - source
- An unsafe person.
- A person with mental illness
- A person not versed in gun safety
- An irresponsible person
- A person with nefarious ambitions.
- Ammo that is accessible and in the home.
- i.e. not in a gun safe or near the gun
- Responsible gun owners store ammo securely - source
- Knowledge of where the ammo is in the home and the ability to access it
- this limits the user to the gun owner who would have keys or combination lock information.