Donald Trump is turning America into a dictatorship
The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
After 4 votes and with 12 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- Three days
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Multiple criterions
- Voting system
Actions made by the president over the past 2 years indicate that Trump's vision for America is that of a dictatorship.
Trump and the Republicans have also worked tirelessly to implement elections that subvert the will of the people through unnecessary voter ID laws and gerrymandering, which are making elections increasingly meaningless.
Trump has a complete disregard for the truth. With his constant lying and demonization of the media, he is undermining one of the fundamental elements of a republic: free press.
2. You are correct that Trump is not individually responsible for voter suppression and gerrymandering, but it's important to acknowledge that he is its most powerful purveyor. As the most popular representative of the Republican party, his demonization of minorities has only served to embolden these undemocratic practices.
3. I don't believe the media is peddling fake news, and I'm sure your response to that is to dredge up some stories that CNN mistakenly ran. Mistakes are going to happen, and when CNN makes them they apologize, which is good. If your news source never makes mistakes or apologizes it's likely you watching state-run propaganda. Trump response to the press has never been a measured critique of specific errors, instead we get a wholesale demonization of the news media, which has lowered our countries confidence in the press.
2. Republicans continue to implement voter ID laws which prevent some people from voting, these are the actions of a dictator.
3. CNN is a neutral news source, there is no reason to think that the media has a liberal bias. It's just a fact that Trump does and says bad things so when the media reports it is often negative.
2. Source: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/georgia-election-fight-shows-that-black-voter-suppression-a-southern-tradition-still-flourishes
3. What bias does that mediabiasfactcheck.com have? My point is the media as a whole is not biased against Trump. Fox News is even more popular than CNN and it is completely pro Trump.