Reason and Christian Faith are most assuredly friends. Change my mind.
Participant that receives the most points from the voters is declared a winner.
The voting will end in:
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- Two weeks
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Four points
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
All reasonable men endowed with the blessing of faith are in no contradiction one to the other. All faithful men endowed with the light of reason are indeed at harmony in and among themselves. For there exist no tension or opposition between faith and reason. Indeed, the Christian religion is most reasonable and becoming of the intellect.
- Christian Faith: conformity to the Christian religion
- Reason: a rational ground or motive
- Assuredly: without a doubt, Certainly
- Friend: Two persons or things that go hand in hand and/or related
Must all of us at any time keep the sabbath day holy?Yes: “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.” — Exodus 20:8No: “One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.” — Romans 14:5
Should we ever get revenge?Yes: “…thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. ” — Exodus 21:23-25No: “…ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” — Matthew 5:39
Is Circumcision any beneficial?Yes: “This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10No: “…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2
The dead stay dead?Yes: “…he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. ” — Job 7:9No: “…the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth….” — John 5:28-29
Does the Earth ever get destroyed?No: “… the earth abideth for ever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4Yes: “… the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” — 2Peter 3:10
Is Incest OK?No: “And if a man shall take his sister, his father’s daughter, or his mother’s daughter…it is a wicked thing….” — Leviticus 20:17Yes: “And God said unto Abraham, As for Sara thy wife…I bless her, and give thee a son also of her…” — Genesis 17:15-16
Has anyone seen God?Yes: “… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30No: “No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18
- Bible, in parts, is Unreasonable.
- Thus, Christian Faith and Reason aren't most assuredly friends.
- Christian Faith cannot be assuredly proven, and if it can be reasonably proven, it is not faith at all.
- PRO has forfeited and he should come back if he wants to win.
- Biblical contradictions: https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/biblical-contradictions/
- Unproven Faith vs Reasonable Fact: https://www.bethinking.org/is-christianity-true/christianity-is-completely-irrational-and-not-testable