Show that scripture that's against "mixed" marriage
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 1 vote and 5 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- One week
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Four points
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
Disclaimer : Regardless of the setup for voting win or lose, The aim of this interaction, Is for those that view it, Learn and or take away anything that will amount to any constructive value ultimately. So that counts as anything that'll cause one to reconsider an idea, Understand a subject better, Help build a greater wealth of knowledge getting closer to truth. When either of us has accomplished that with any individual here, That's who the victor of the debate becomes. Please show where there is biblical basis for the condemning of "interracial marriage" in of it self.
For clarity or questions, Please send a message or comment prior to accepting debate.
CON(mall): Said scriptures in the Bible are NOT against interracial marriage
- Christian race
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.(1 Peter 2:9-10)
- The marriage between a Christian and a Non-christian is discouraged
Do not be unequally yoked(attached, married, bond; especially in a negative sense) together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? What communion has light with darkness?(2 Corinthians 6:14)
And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place.(Acts 17:26)
(1 Peter 2:9-10)
(2 Corinthians 6:14)
“When the Lord your God brings you into the land that you are entering to take possession of it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more numerous and mightier than you, and when the Lord your God gives them over to you, and you defeat them, then you must devote them to complete destruction. You shall make no covenant with them and show no mercy to them. You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, for they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.[1, Deuteronomy 7:1-4]
- I and my opponent both agree that nations can be used to establish ethnicity.
- The Hittites, the Girgashites, etc. are thus people and ethnicity.
- God told the people(Israelites) to NOT marry with any of the seven other people in their respective nations.
- This quote is IN THE BIBLE.
- Thus, this is a scripture of the bible that is against mixed marriages, because God told the Israelites to NOT intermarry with the other people.
- Because ONE sufficient example shown from PRO is enough for him to win the debate, and this paragraph does it, I rest my case.
Then Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and directed him, “You must not take a wife from the Canaanite women.
That I may make you swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell, but will go to my country and to my kindred, and take a wife for my son Isaac.”
- The Bible discourages marriage between his people and the Canaanites.
- The two are not the same ethnicity, and the marriage within would be interracial and mixed.
- God discourages it due to their ethnicity.
- Because God discourages it, it would be scripture in the bible that shows discouragement towards interracial marriage.