Social Media corrupts human interaction
Participant that receives the most points from the voters is declared a winner.
The voting will end in:
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- One week
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One month
- Point system
- Four points
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
Social Media: forms of electronic communication (such as websites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (such as videos)
Corrupt: to change (something) so that it is less pure or valuable
Human: of, relating to, or characteristic of humans
(a bipedal primate mammal (Homo sapiens) : a person)
Interaction: mutual or reciprocal action or influence
BoP: Shared. Con must prove that Social Media does not corrupt human interaction in order to win.
- Humans exist
- Humans can interact with each other
- Social Media exist and can be used for humans to communicate
- Electricity is required to make social media
- Electricity creates delay
- Delay makes communication suboptimal
- Suboptimal communication, by definition, is making interaction "less pure" and of less quality, which is definitely corruption
- Thus, Social Media corrupts communication, including human-human interaction.
3. Social media is one thing, and human interaction is another.
Data transfer is in all circumstances subject to a function and a process, and therefore inevitably subject to the effects of said processes of any electronic system of data transfer. Whether that be a physiological system (direct conversation), or a technological system (Social Media).
Electronic processes can corrupt both Social Media and Human Interaction....And thereby also interfere in all aspects of the function and processes that occur. Whereby data might be interfaced and/or transferred between notably different systems of data management and transfer, or between similar systems.
As such, and with reference to point 3......Pro simply suggests that Social Media...Corrupts...Human Interaction.Whereas I would strongly suggest, with reference to point 3....That Social Media is an ongoing multi-optional system of data transfer, with the potential too make readily available and therefore enhance the frequency and ease of human to human data interaction.
The quality and validity of said data, in human terms is directly relative to the primary quality and validity of the primary data source, or a stored data source.And always has been. .......How accurate is Wikipedia, for example.Whether or not electronic processes corrupt either technological or physiological function, is not directly relative to the quality and validity of the data that might be transferred....Whether that's between Social Media Systems, or between Organic Systems, or a Technological/Organic interface.
- My points still stand.
- Even under completely ideal circumstances, electronic means of information transportation still causes delay, which corrupts human interaction. The fact social media makes human lives easier does not hide the fact that even under social media, corruption still exists and social media is the reason these delays exist.
- Thus, social media corrupts human interaction.
Social Media corrupts Human Interaction.And I maintain that Social Media per se and Human Interaction per se, are completely separate issues.And electronic processes and functions, not mentioned in Pro's proposition, are another separate issue.
Data that might be interacted, might be corrupted.....But this is a possibility irrespective of the data source and transaction methodology.....A book might be corrupted for example, and consequently any repetition of data held therein, although sincere will inevitably be corrupted too.
Christmas Cake corrupts Human Digestion.Well...Christmas cake is Christmas cake and human digestion is human digestion.And notwithstanding that corrupted ingredients might give one indigestion.One would nonetheless, still digest.
- Opponent did not give effective refutations to my constructed points. My points still stand.
- Vote Pro.
Con is stating already-stated points.
And nowhere does my opponent clarify (if intended) that corrupt technology function, might corrupt human interaction with social media technology.
Is explicitly an event or events whereby humans interact with each other, and not an event or events whereby humans might interact with functionally corrupted technological devices.
I have agreed that processes might corrupt technological function, and I have also proposed that data might also be corrupted.But these were not the issues that Pro was putting forwards for considerationAnd I reiterate that Pro's contention was only that Social Media corrupts Human Interaction.
I would again suggest that on the whole, Social Media increases the scope of human interaction and therefore enhances human interaction, irrespective of the quality or validity of any data that might be transferred. And also irrespective of the nature/glitches of technological function.
- My points still stand.
- Social media has lessened delay time to still a nonzero amount, so delay still happens and corruption still exists no matter what.
- Reminder that social media, by definition, must run on electronic-based systems. No refutations on this one.
- Electronic communication creates delay. No contention.
- Thus, a normative statement such as this is proven true due to that because social media are always electronic-based and that inevitably creates delays which are corruptions with no contention on this one. Vote Pro.