Women should be the property of men
The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
Winner & statistics
After 2 votes and with 14 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- Two days
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Multiple criterions
- Voting system
- Woman: an adult female human being.
- Property: 1. a. Something owned; a possession.
- Man: an adult male human being.
- Should: used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions. "he should have been careful"
Resolved: Women should be the property of men.
- I will argue the negative.
- In round one, I will introduce my main argument, and we can see what PRO has to offer in his round.
- In every modern society, and we can reference core countries specifically, women are granted different degrees of social and political rights as are men. This is evident. There are many cases in which women do not have rights. Women don't have the right to kill their child in abortion in Poland, for example. But in each of these societies, Women all have the right of the most basic individual freedom, freedom from being the property of another man. This principle would seem to be archaic, but regardless, it is what we are here to debate today.
- Let's discuss slavery.
- According to Britannica; slavery is the "condition in which one human being was owned by another. A slave was considered by law as property, or chattel, and was deprived of most of the rights ordinarily held by free persons"
- Slavery is universally regarded as unethical and immoral. Let's agree that it was one of the worst and most dangerous atrocities committed by humankind.
- And if that is the case then slavery ought not to be practiced in a society.
- given that slavery is the condition in which "one human being was owned by another," it is an ethical potion we should strongly maintain, that one should not be able to own another person, in society to prevent every appearance of slavery.
- CON must provide a sufficient justification as to why women who are free-thinking individuals should be the property, the mere possession of another person.
- All things considered, I am against slavery, and I have no ill will towards any sex, and therefore, I believe that they ought to have the basic freedom to not be owned by others.
- The ball is in your court now.
- Extend the argument(S) from round one on slavery.
- From, round one we were hopefully able to conclude that -given slavery is the condition in which one human being was owned by another, making women the property of men would be allowing slavery and making it/its values permissible.
- I don't hate people, so I don't believe any of them are intrinsically inferior in quality or status as persons.
- The voters must vote for PRO. because CON has forfeited every round, and thus produced no arguments.
- Even if he were to produce something for round 3, I would not be able to engage with it, and it thus would be considered null as it has not been set up previously in the debate.