The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
After 7 votes and with 7 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- Three days
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- One month
- Point system
- Winner selection
- Voting system
Resolved: The US should make voting mandatory
Voting: To cast a ballot in the general election
Should: Denotes moral obligation
Mandatory: Required under penalty of law.
1. No forfeits
2. Citations must be provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final speeches
4. Observe good sportsmanship and maintain a civil and decorous atmosphere
5. No trolling
6. No "kritiks" of the topic (challenging assumptions in the resolution)
7. For all resolutional terms, individuals should use commonplace understandings that fit within the logical context of the resolution and this debate
8. The BOP is evenly shared
9. Rebuttals of new points raised in an adversary's immediately preceding speech may be permissible at the judges' discretion even in the final round (debaters may debate their appropriateness)
10. Con must waive in R1 and Pro must waive in R5.
11. Violation of any of these rules, or of any of the R1 set-up, merits a loss
R1. Con waives; Pro's Case
R2. Con's Case; Pro generic Rebuttal
R3. Con generic Rebuttal; Pro generic Rebuttal
R4. Con generic Rebuttal; Pro generic Rebuttal and Summary
R5. Con generic Rebuttal and Summary; Pro waives
I don't know if you ever seen the movie "Rocky". The "Apollo Creed" character won by default. He wasn't satisfied though because he didn't actually beat Rocky. That's exactly what this is here, a technicality. Why not boast over a real knockout, a t.k.o., food for thought.
Virtuoso is being somewhat of a dick to you IMO considering that it's clear you're new here and didn't quite catch onto the side switching stuff and whatever but there's not escaping it. Virt sacrifices honour, gains some rating, good for him or bad for him depending which matters more.
That's all to say, life is tough.
I win the debate by default since you FF and violates the terms of the debate
What is the "vote con" about? A debate hasn't taken place.
No I wouldn't be participating .
Oh boy. Mall you better start playing devil's advocate.
oooooh mod vs. mod
I might take this over the weekend if it hasn't been accepted by someone else.
I think that if you don't care about politics by the individual's standards, you shouldn't vote. It saves you the effort and the only people that should participate in the government should actually care. This way, the people that don't care don't screw the representation of Congress.