Legends Darth Vader is more powerful than Eren Yeager with the Founding Titan.
The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
After 3 votes and with 14 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- Three days
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- Two weeks
- Point system
- Multiple criterions
- Voting system
- Minimal rating
I realize this is an odd character match-up.
This debate will be considered on-balance.
So this version of Darth Vader is from Legends, but more of a hypothetical Vader. This debate assumes Vader is completely organic (with the exception of his right prosthetic arm.) and fully potentialized.
Up against Season 4 Eren Yeager with all the powers of the Founding Titan (Strongest version of Eren in the series.)
This debate will consider the term ‘Powerful’ to have two contexts, and both will be considered in the debate with equal importance.:
1st definition.: Powerful- Capability of exerting great force or overcoming strong resistance.
2nd definition.: Powerful, as in who’s more likely to overcome who in a fight to the death.
Basic References for Pro & Con:
1. BOP is shared.
2. Sources and evidence can be used from any Star Wars or Attack on Titan lore. But the strength of the evidence will be graded on the accuracy of the source.
3. Voters with knowledge on both characters may share their knowledge or feedback as to how they would counter the resolution, but ultimately, all votes must be non-biased and judge only based on the arguments provided.
4. One forfeit is the loss of a conduct point. Two are an autoloss.
- The default abilities of current Vader in Legends.
- Feats that Legends Vader demonstrated on special occasions.
- What Vader could have become.
- How and why the hypothetical Vader’s abilities far surpass that of the Founding Titan.
- How that version of Vader would overcome the Founding Titan.
- Vader regularly uses his rage to sustain himself and perform incredible attacks. Your standard Titan is just a giant feral humanoid with no special abilities. Vader would dispatch a legion of 1,000 to 300,000 titans through a variety of ways.:
- Force Choke. He uses his mind to crush the throat of one or several titans at once.
- Force Levitate/Push. Through channeling his Force abilities, he can simultaneously lift several titans and hurl them at each other. Or launch them a significant distance away from the battle-field that they pose no threat to him.
- Force Control. Vader is capable of controlling the titans and twisting their limbs to unnatural degrees that would render them immobile, or force them to attack each other.
- Force Cloak. Vader channels the Force to make himself invisible and undetectable to his enemies. He uses this ability in Empire Strikes Back when he is first fighting Luke. 4 (0:16) Or when he fights the Rebels in A Rogue One. 5 (1:11) - (1:13)
- Energy Manipulation. Current Vader cannot channel traditional Force Lightning because the energy required is too much for his vulnerable suit to withstand as a conductor which would ultimately kill him. However, when Vader uses Force Lightning to blast Starkiller, it is different. Because Vader himself is not producing the lightning, but manipulating the Energy Fields to redirect and throw Starkiller’s own lightning back at him. 6 (20:11)
- Kinetite. Vader can produce his own version of Force-Lightning, but not the same kind as Count Dooku and Sidious. The kind they produce is steady and designed to scorch or simply shock the victim to death. Vader’s lightning is thrown in the form of a single blast that is designed to throw or launch the target, temporarily incapacitating them.
“While Force lightning as it is shown in canon burns and electrocutes its victims, Kinetite acts more as a blunt force instrument and is thrown like a solid projectile against the opposition.In Legends, again in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Vader used this move against Luke Skywalker on the planet Mimban. However, Luke, with the aid of Obi-Wan Kenobi, uncovered a weakness with Kinetite. If the target employs the Force defensively against Kinetite, the sphere can be pushed back against its caster. Interestingly, Kinetite was described as the kinetic Force sphere by Foster in Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 1978 before The Empire Strikes Back, in which Vader arguably became iconic.”
- Force Destruction. This power involves conjuring up a wave of energy or energy field that is offensively force-pushed in the direction of the target. The blast radius causes an army of enemies to perish by vaporizing on-sight.
“The Sith-Lord could use Telepathy, such as when he communicated with his son shortly after their duel on Bespin. Vader demonstrated the ability to drain knowledge from his opponents, such as when he discovered that Luke had a twin sister. Vader utilized mind tricks to control the minds of other sentient beings, however, it did not work on individuals who have very strong wills. He used the Mind Probe technique as a means to sift through the thought of sentient beings.”
- Force Drain - Draining the life of other beings and organisms, then absorbing it to sustain one’s own energy. A parasitic and certifiable way of immortality.
“With only a glimpse of how powerful he can be, Anakin would have no one that could beat him — boasting immortality and all-power. On top of that, he would totally be comparable to Gods. Some less powerful than him can even have their knees in front of him.Could Anakin be most powerful in his full potential?Having only his raw potential, Anakin can still dominate and count the number of battles he won. That alone is already impressive. For that reason, it has a strong possibility that he could be the most powerful in the Star Wars universe.Possessing unparalleled force abilities with only his raw potential, Anakin could handle every fight and battle if he had actually reached his full potential.What would Anakin Skywalker’s full potential look like?Describing Anakin's full potential is solely based on a glimpse of his raw potential. If he actually attains full potential it will look like God's powers, making him the strongest and most powerful. Ultimately, there would be nothing that he can't accomplish.”
- Yoda lived to 900 years because of his midichlorian count and mastery of the force.
- Full Potential Vader’s midichlorian count is exceptionally higher than Yoda’s. Especially his Force Mastery.
- He can wait him out and play Tactical Defense.
- Vader can resort to his favorite method of toying with his prey.
- Vader goes for an immediate kill.