Instigator / Pro
1480
rating
19
debates
57.89%
won
Topic
#5497

Trumps trial proved that Rich elites are not above the law.

Status
Debating

Waiting for the next argument from the contender.

Round will be automatically forfeited in:

00
DD
:
00
HH
:
00
MM
:
00
SS
Parameters
Publication date
Last updated date
Type
Standard
Number of rounds
3
Time for argument
Two weeks
Max argument characters
30,000
Voting period
Two weeks
Point system
Multiple criterions
Voting system
Open
Contender / Con
1500
rating
6
debates
66.67%
won
Description

I only debate serous people.

Round 1
Pro
#1
I will start by thanking Con for accepting this debate.

Opening argument

Donald Trump has recently been charged and convicted for his bribery of Stormy Daniels and over 35 hush money counts. This event works against the narrative that Trump and many others believed, which was, “Former presidents are exempt from criminal protection.”

We now know through Trump's conviction that former presidents are not immune to the long arm of the law, and Therefore, Trump’s trial shows the American people that Rich elites are not above the law.

Argument 1: The Rich can go to jail

If the narrative that you can get away with anything as long as you are rich were true, we would not see the mounting legal issues that former president Trump has been facing since 2020.

Trump lost in the civil case against Jean Carrol being ordered to pay 5 million. Donald Trump loses civil rape trial, ordered to pay $5 million | Courthouse News Service
Trump later lost to her again being ordered to pay 83.3 million. Trump must pay $83.3 million for defaming E. Jean Carroll, jury says - CBS News.
In addition to this Trump was also found guilty in Civil court for falsifying his wealth. Live updates: Trump ordered to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial | CNN Politics

Aside from all of these civil cases, Trump also went to jail for falsifying business records. Trump was arrested today. Here are the key takeaways. (usatoday.com)
This is all prior to his current situation. What does this all establish? It proves that you cannot just “do whatever you want” just because you have wealth. Even if you are as Rich as Trump and are part of the elite class in the US, the Law still applies to you.

Argument 2: Lack of immunity

If the Rich could do whatever they wanted with impunity, why would they need lawyers? Or even appear in court?

The answer is simple: The rich do not have immunity for their actions. The law does not bend to those who have money. I acknowledge that having money makes it harder to prosecute because the best lawyers can win almost anything. However, we should not confuse the abilities that money affords for social class.

Having the best lawyers is not the same as society saying you can do as you, please because convicting you is hard.
We need to remember that the Rich are only 1% of the population and, like the remaining 99%, are citizens first and foremost, and no citizen is above the law.

Conclusion: The Rich elites are not above the law. The idea that the Rich can be immune from the law has foreverbeen dispelled. The many financial losses, incarceration, and recent criminal convictionsdemonstrate that there is no one above the law In America. For if someone asRich and powerful as Trump can be held and humbled by the court of law, then noone in America, regardless of wealth, can escape the consequences of theirillegal activities.






Not published yet
Round 2
Not published yet
Not published yet
Round 3
Not published yet
Not published yet