Circumcision doesnt hurt? Yeah, how about another joke, Murray?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 19
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Circumcision is a very painful procedure for newborns.

For example, if you look at this video, you will see baby crying in pain while doctor cuts his penis.

Its so painful for the baby that the baby seems to be losing breath while screaming.

The video looks more like a scene from horror movie.

The fact that there is anyone out there claiming that all newborn boys should be circumcised, is not only completely evil and retarded, 

But we are actually witnessing with our own eyes that society we live in is a corrupt society. The people are all evil sadistic psychos.
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
I will reword your argument into a syllogism. Tell me if I am understanding you correct

premise 1- If something is extremely painful to infants, it should not be done to infants.

premise 2- circumcision is extremely painful

conclusion- circumcision should not be performed on infants

If this is your argument than you have done a great job supporting premise 2, but have done noting to support premise one.

I don't think you can successfully defend premise 1 anyway. clearly some painful things should be done to infants, for example if they are burned in a fire and need skin grafts. If I had to steelman your argument, I would change it to the following.

premise 1- if a medical procedure  is painful to infants and unnecessary for the infants well being, it shouldn't be done to the infant.

premise 2- circumcision is painful and unneccessary

conclusion- Circumcision should not be done

The second version of the argument is known as a "strong argument". This means that it isn't always true but mostly is and it appears cogent at first glance, assuming you can support the procedure being unnecessary most of the time.

Am I properly steel manning your argument?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
It actually doesn't if anesthetics are used.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
Yeah, babies scream in pain because it doesnt hurt.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ponikshiy
premise 1- If something is extremely painful to infants, it should not be done to infants.
premise 2- circumcision is extremely painful
conclusion- circumcision should not be performed on infants
Yes. Thats the argument.

I gave up upon using p1-p2-c because its a lot of work.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ponikshiy
premise 1- if a medical procedure  is painful to infants and unnecessary for the infants well being, it shouldn't be done to the infant
Stop putting words in my mouth please.

Steelman? More like strawman lmao

I never claimed an exception to "necessary for the infants well being".

I think you and I very well know that "well being" doesnt matter if you have to live in pain.

Others may be stupid and not know it, but we do, so dont play dumb.
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@Best.Korea
I think you and I very well know that "well being" doesnt matter if you have to live in pain.
So you took the first version of the argument and rejected the better version of your argument. Great because your argument fails on premise 1 in a more obvious way

for one, people that have circumcisions are not living in pain, but are temporarily dealing with pain so I am not sure why you are stating well being does not matter if you live in pain.

The skin graft example I gave is another example of increased and intense temporary pain that prevents more pain down the road due to exposed sensitive areas underneath being covered up.

We can also look at other areas where it is okay to accept increased temporary pain for some sort of long term advantage. There is the psychological pain from trauma that can be blunted by smoking crack. We have the pain of exercise that prevents the pain we cause to our relatives when we have a heart attack at a young age.

so your P1 fails and remember your P1 is

This was proven wrong mostly with the skin graft example but there are other examples I gave you to strengthen my argument that something painful is not necessarily to be avoided.

Of course you can come back and then argue that circumcision is a temporary pain with no great long term advantage, but that would be the steelmanned position I  gave you and you rejected, so without thed steelmanning your argument fails, even if you insist your conclusion is true. So really you should change your mind or go back to the drawing board to build a stronger argument.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ponikshiy
Fuck circumcision.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
The baby seems to be ok after the procedure, so I don't know what you complain about. It's like piercing a toddler's ears.

By the way, are the people in the video your folks? They look asians.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
The baby seems to be ok after the procedure
No.

It's like piercing a toddler's ears.
No, but thats also wrong.

By the way, are the people in the video your folks? They look asians.
No.
sadolite
sadolite
Its not that it doesn't hurt, its that the baby doesn't remember it ever happening. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite

I don't remember getting circumcised.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@FLRW
Perhaps we can take a cue from Sandra Bullock, and use the foreskin facial--specifically the foreskin of Korean male infants--to attract more females to this website?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Ya. neither do I.   I should have said, Its not that it "does or doesn't hurt", the baby doesn't remember it.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Athias
Uh stop stealing Korean foreskins!!!
Athias
Athias
Truly appalling that foreskins are being used in cosmetics. And if the target consumer base is the "backbone of society," and they control for an overwhelming majority of consumption, then I suppose infant Korean foreskins in part play a vital role.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Athias
Whats so special about Korean foreskins? Cant Japanese work instead?

Athias
Athias
-->
@Best.Korea
Ask Sandra.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Athias
I hope Sandra dies in a car accident.