Should we be like Christian God?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 42
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
Christians say that their God lets evil happen.

So should we be like Christian God?

Should we just let evil happen?

If I see a drowning child, should I save that child?

Christian God obviously wont.

Should I be like Christian God?

Well, should I?

Or is Christian God wrong????? Yes?????
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Yes, because since God has the power to stop humans from doing evil, but he won't because of how much he loves man, in doing so gives them free will.
But this doesn't mean doing sin won't have punishments. 

I wouldn't look at in that particular way. I would say Christians should strive to be like Jesus. His life is a representation of how we should live ours. 
And Jesus is part of the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). So, it would be like being like God. 

And I would also like to point out that God, and Jesus definitely didn't just let evil happen. There were many times in the Bible where Jesus speaks out against wrongdoings of the Pharoses and others. 

Jesus saved Peter from drowning. So yes, you should save a child from drowning. 

Yep. He will. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Jesus saved Peter from drowning. So yes, you should save a child from drowning
So why doesnt Jesus save the child from drowning? Why does he just watch children drown?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
So why doesnt Jesus save the child from drowning? Why does he just watch children drown?
Because we live in a fallen world, and death is a direct result of man's choice to sin against God. So bad things happen in life. God won't intervene in certain cases because he has a plan and a purpose that only we can live up to, but I can assure you that there are many cases of children drowning and living being saved. Whether you call it by God, or their body's. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I can assure you that there are many cases of children drowning and living being saved
I can also assure you that many children drown.

Because we live in a fallen world, and death is a direct result of man's choice to sin against God.
So God refuses to save child from drowning, but expects me to do it? So God is a hypocrite "rules for you but not for me" kinda guy.
Also, I dont see how someone else sinning makes it justified not to save child from drowning.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
I can also assure you that many children drown.
Yep..........your point? 

So God refuses to save child from drowning, but expects me to do it? So God is a hypocrite "rules for you but not for me" kinda guy.
No, because God is not like you and me. He is a being of infinite wisdom, and infinite power. He must use that power wisely. You save a child doesn't break the free will of the world. 

rules for you but not for me
I mean, kind of, yes. He is literally the creator of the Universe. But he doesn't sin. So, rules we are bound by are rules given to us by our moral conscience that God gave us in his own image. But he created the rules, and is not a human, so is not bound by those rules. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yep..........your point?
That God lets children drown?
Am I speaking spanish here? Do you need a google translate?

No, because God is not like you and me
Nobody is like anyone.

He is a being of infinite wisdom, and infinite power. He must use that power wisely
Yeah, its not wise to save children from drowning.

You save a child doesn't break the free will of the world. 
I dont see how God saving a child from drowning breaks free will of the world.

But he created the rules, and is not a human, so is not bound by those rules. 
Great. An anarch God.

I am going with Lucifer.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
That God lets children drown?
Am I speaking spanish here? Do you need a google translate?
I thought I refuted this point already.
Are you on replay mode? 

Nobody is like anyone.
Humans are like each other. All subject to a similar moral structure, and with similar weaknesses and strengths. 
God is outside of the ballpark. 

Yeah, its not wise to save children from drowning.
If it isn't part of his plan, then yes it isn't. 

I dont see how God saving a child from drowning breaks free will of the world.
Because he would be interfering. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I thought I refuted this point already
You thought wrong.

If it isn't part of his plan, then yes it isn't
So has no rules, has a plan and saving children from drowning is not his plan? But it needs to be my plan?

God is outside of the ballpark
You mean he is a hypocrite?

Because he would be interfering
Like when he interfered when he came as Jesus to save people, or when he created the world in such a way that children drown?

Yeah, your story is getting dumber as we speak.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
I thought I refuted this point already
You thought wrong.

If it isn't part of his plan, then yes it isn't
So has no rules, has a plan and saving children from drowning is not his plan? But it needs to be my plan?

God is outside of the ballpark
You mean he is a hypocrite?

Because he would be interfering
Like when he interfered when he came as Jesus to save people, or when he created the world in such a way that children drown?

Yeah, your story is getting dumber as we speak.

You're not grasping what I am saying. Maybe reread more comprehensively? 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
The Christian GOD is like us.

Because men invented it.

There is no chicken and egg mystery.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea
@YouFound_Lxam

Best.Korea, YouFound_Lxam

YOUR BIBLE STUPIDITY CONTINUES AT YOUR EMBARRASSING EXPENSE:  "So should we be like Christian God?"

H-E-L-L-O?  At the onset of Jesus' creation as God, we were made in the LIKENESS of my serial killer God to begin with:  “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” (Genesis 1:26)

Therefore, the above passage concludes that there were more than one god when said god said "us," and the fact that God had a penis and butt hole just like man Adam did in the beginning since we were created in God's LIKENESS.

I am really getting tired of so many God Damned Bible STUPID pseudo-christians within this forum.

NEXT?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Therefore, the above passage concludes that there were more than one god when said god said "us," and the fact that God had a penis and butt hole just like man Adam did in the beginning since we were created in God's LIKENESS.

Ah but, did  Adam, Eve Or God, have one of these Brother D.? 

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen

YOUR QUOTE RELATIVE TO ADAM OR EVE HAVING A NAVEL: "Ah but, did  Adam, Eve Or God, have one of these Brother D.? "

NO! Neither Adam or Eve could have a belly button because Adam was made from earthly dust by my serial killer Jesus as God ( Genesis 2:19), and Eve was made from ONE, I repeat, ONE of Adams ribs, therefore  Adam should have had only 11 ribs and this godly gene should have been passed on to his children, but as shown, it didn't because men have 12 ribs just like the 2nd class woman Eve!

"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took ONE of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man." (Genesis 2:21-23)

Therefore, with the biblical axioms portrayed above, it is truly embarrassing to see fine artists depict Adam and Eve with navels as shown in this ungodly painting herewith which is BLASPHEME: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPVZN3

Now, watch the Bible Stupid YouFound_Lxam RUN AWAY from this post, just like Miss Tradesecret had to do a while back to try and save face from the contradicting Creation Stories that we were discussing, where in the end, I had Bible Slapped her Silly®️ as usual!

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
@NoOneInParticular
"C.S. Lewis, in agony following the death of his wife, wrote, 
When I lay these questions before God I get no answer. But a rather special sort of ‘No answer.’ It is not the locked door. It is more like a silent, certainly not uncompassionate, gaze. As though He shook His head not in refusal but waiving the question. Like, ‘Peace, child; you don’t understand.’ … Heaven will solve our problems, but not, I think, by showing us subtle reconciliations between all our apparently contradictory notions. The notions will all be knocked from under our feet. We shall see that there never was any problem.[1]"

'Can we be as the Christian God, in the case this topic suggests, when not knowing 'what he is doing?
Can we be as, when we are 'not God ourselves?
Not in his position?

What do we 'see of Gods actions, then, now, future?

This is not to say people cannot follow much of the Bible, and ideals, commandments, character they see in God.
In case people might argue against following 'anything of God and Bible.
. . .

Course myself, I'm still an Atheist,
Just thinking on the logic of the topic.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
What is your source for this? 

Begs the question. 

You let evil happen all of the time. What a hypocrite.  Most of your utterances are evil. As are most of the utterances by others on this page. 
You don't have an issue with abortion. With euthanasia. With worshipping false gods.  With blasphemy. With drunkenness. With orgies. With adultery.  With not paying all of your tax or finding loopholes. You don't have a problem with lying or causing others to look bad.  These are all evil things you ALREADY do. And then you have the gall to say - "should we just let evil happen". You don't need someone else to follow, it already is what your character does. 

And if a Christian sees someone heading for HELL, a place much worse than drowning. what say you? Should they just tell you to stop? 

The Christian God has certainly saved many drowning children in history.  To say he won't is an exaggeration. 

How do you mean, be like Christian God? God does what God does.  God doesn't do what you want him to.  You are his piece of string. Not the other way around. 

Well, should I?

Or is Christian God wrong????? Yes?????

Pointless
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
A character in a fantasy novel can only save the lives of fellow characters from the same fantasy novel.

You're getting fact and fiction all mixed up Trade.

Which isn't to say that fantasy characters do not inspire real people to do stuff.

So, I haven't surveyed a whole lot of life savers, but I'm guessing that people are likely to want to save drowning children irrespective of fantasy literature.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
I hate China.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
You let evil happen all of the time. What a hypocrite.  Most of your utterances are evil. As are most of the utterances by others on this page. 
You don't have an issue with abortion. With euthanasia. With worshipping false gods.  With blasphemy. With drunkenness. With orgies. With adultery.  With not paying all of your tax or finding loopholes. You don't have a problem with lying or causing others to look bad.  These are all evil things you ALREADY do. And then you have the gall to say - "should we just let evil happen". You don't need someone else to follow, it already is what your character does.
Okay, you got me, I am evil.

But the topic was if I should be like your God.

So should I? Its a simple yes or no question. Will you answer it?
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen

Here we go again, where Miss Tradesecret is "trying" in vain to answer Best.Korea in his statements within this thread, where as explicitly shown, she took her Bible Stupid Pills®️ again!  When will it ever stop?!

MISS TRADESECRET’S BIBLE DUMB QUOTE TO BEST.KOREA’S STATEMENT ABOVE:“  What is your source for this?” 

The source is the following Jesus inspired passages, DUH!:  

“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” (Isaiah 45:7)

“For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.” (Colossians 1:16)

MISS TRADESECRET’S ANSWER TO BEST.KOREA STATEMENT ABOVE:  “Begs the question.” 

Huh? Thats the best she could answer for Best.Korea? If she actually knew the Bible, OF WHICH SHE DOES NOT, Miss Tradesecret could have given these passages where TRUE Christians are to be like our Jesus as God!  2+2=4.

Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.” ( 1 John 4:8)

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.” (1 John 4:16)

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God” (Ephesians 5:1-2)

MISS TRADESECRET’S ANSWER TO BEST.KOREA’S STATEMENT ABOVE:  “You let evil happen all of the time. What a hypocrite.  Most of your utterances are evil. As are most of the utterances by others on this page. 
You don't have an issue with abortion. With euthanasia. With worshipping false gods.  With blasphemy. With drunkenness. With orgies. With adultery.  With not paying all of your tax or finding loopholes. You don't have a problem with lying or causing others to look bad.  These are all evil things you ALREADY do. And then you have the gall to say - "should we just let evil happen". You don't need someone else to follow, it already is what your character does.”

I’ll just take one aspect of Miss Tradesecret’s quotes above where she in fact is the HYPOCRITE by mentioning that ORGIES are wrong, where as previous FACT, she admits in being a sexual deviant with family members, which is probably one of the most sinful times that our Christian God has seen with her!!! (Hebrews 4:13)

MISS TRADESECRET’S ANSWER TO BEST.KOREA’S STATEMENT ABOVE: “And if a Christian sees someone heading for HELL, a place much worse than drowning. what say you? Should they just tell you to stop? 

As usual, Miss Tradesecret didn’t address the actual question, but spun it in regards to Hell, where she is going upon her demise because of the blatant unforgivable sins she has done while upon earth! Does Miss Tradesecret being an admitted sexual deviant with her family members ring a bell? Sure it does!

MISS TRADESECRET’S ANSWER TO BEST.KOREA’S STATEMENT ABOVE “The Christian God has certainly saved many drowning children in history. To say he won't is an exaggeration.”

It is NOT an exaggeration towards our Jesus as God murdering millions of innocent zygotes, fetus’, babies, and children in His Great Flood Scenario (Genesis 6:17)  Furthermore, you never hear of the children that drowned without Jesus helping them, do you? Like a gambler, they NEVER tell you about their losses, but only their wins.  Miss Tradesecret's position upon this topic FAILS AGAIN!

MISS TRADESECRET’S ANSWER TO BEST.KOREA’S STATEMENT ABOVE: “How do you mean, be like Christian God? God does what God does.  God doesn't do what you want him to.  You are his piece of string. Not the other way around.”

In this example of Miss Tradesecret’s Bible Stupidity, at least she admits that Christians are “Puppets on a String” where Jesus as God  controls ALL Christians, as explicitly shown within this passage herewith:  “In him we were also chosen, having been PREDESTINED according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will” (Ephesians 1:11)

Well, should I? Or is Christian God wrong????? Yes?????
MISS TRADESECRET’S ANSWER TO BEST.KOREA’S STATEMENT ABOVE:   “Pointless”

As shown many times, when Miss Tradesecret cannot address a question, she either runs away from it and hides in silence, or as shown in this instance, she gives a non answer and RUNS AWAY from a meaningful question!  What did we expect of her?  LOL!

AS EXPLICITLY SHOWN ONCE AGAIN IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP, “MISS TRADESECRET” IS NOT ONLY THIS FORUMS #1 BIBLE FOOL, BUT NOW THE #1 BIBLE HYPOCRITE AS WELL!  JESUS IS NOT SMILING IN HER BEHALF. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Here we go again, where Miss Tradesecret is "trying" in vain to answer Best.Korea in his statements within this thread, where as explicitly shown, she took her Bible Stupid Pills®️ again!  When will it ever stop?!

We are all aware by now of the Reverend Tradesecret's bible ignorance, Brother D.

It is simply a case of him/her spouting for the sake of spouting. I have said it many times, the Reverend ( that now denies being a Reverend) is a spent force since being knocked off that high and mighty perch that s/he had once placed himself on  and has nothing to offer only these silly comments that you have quoted above and that don't mean anything at all while at the same time showing how deep his ignorance of scripture actually  goes.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Praise Jesus's revenge!
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
A character in a fantasy novel can only save the lives of fellow characters from the same fantasy novel.

You're getting fact and fiction all mixed up Trade.
Not at all Zed, Harikrish or Best.Korea or whatever his name is - is evil.  He speaks evil. He does evil. No fantasy there sadly. 

Which isn't to say that fantasy characters do not inspire real people to do stuff.
Okay.

So, I haven't surveyed a whole lot of life savers, but I'm guessing that people are likely to want to save drowning children irrespective of fantasy literature.
Unless they're a murderer of course.  And that happens, quite a lot sadly. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Okay, you got me, I am evil.

But the topic was if I should be like your God.

So should I? Its a simple yes or no question. Will you answer it?
Yes. I will answer your question.  

Should people be like the God of the Bible? Yes. 
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@Best.Korea

Stephen and Best.Korea,

OMG!  Here we go again with Miss Tradesecret proposing that we should be like Jesus, as God!  WTF!

MISS TRADESECRET'S SCARY QUOTE TO BEST.KOREA:  "Should people be like the God of the Bible? Yes."

Okay, talk about Miss Tradesecret opening a HUGE can of worms where I was hoping that she would not go this far into proffering that Christians are to be like our Jesus as God!  Why would I feel nervous in her proposal to be like Jesus as God?  Well, the following is the reasoning why:

IF WE ARE TO BE LIKE JESUS AS GOD, THEN IN PART,  WE HAVE TO MURDER HIS CREATION AS SHOWN BELOW LIKE GOD DID:
EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

"My anger will be kindled, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless." (Exodus 22:24)

"The Lord keeps all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy." (PSALM 145:20)

"And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds." (Revelation 2:23)

"He called to the Lord and said, “O Lord my God, have You also brought calamity to the widow with whom I am staying, by causing her son to die?” (1 KINGS 17:20)

"If one man sins against another, God will mediate for him; but if a man sins against the Lord, who can intercede for him?” But they would not listen to the voice of their father, for the Lord desired to put them to death." (1 Samuel 2:25)

Stephen, maybe Miss Tradesecret will put together a group of Christians from this Religion Forum to actually follow what she said in being like our God Jesus, to go out and murder like Jesus did within the scriptures shown above!  Let us see if she take names for this glorious event in the name of Jesus, praise!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Stephen, maybe Miss Tradesecret will put together a group of Christians from this Religion Forum to actually follow what she said in being like our God Jesus, to go out and murder like Jesus did within the scriptures shown above!  Let us see if she take names for this glorious event in the name of Jesus, praise!
I am reminded of that old English idiom, Brother D. : Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Or more fitting The Reverend Tradesecret. S/he couldn't organise mass in a monastery.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Well.

I don't know where you live.

But around here there aren't a whole lot of reports of evil people drowning children.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
You don't necessarily have to be evil to drown your kids. Although you would have to be mentally disturbed to do so. 

In Australia, we have our fair or unfair share.  It also comes out in different way, intentional, reckless, stupid 

It happens. We had a young immigrant with three children, drove straight into a dam. Sad, pathetic. Evil?
SethBrown
Debates: 23
SethBrown
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
NO! Neither Adam or Eve could have a belly button because Adam was made from earthly dust
I don’t think Adam was created literally from dust, even if he was how does it follow he couldn’t  have a belly button? 
by my serial killer Jesus as God ( Genesis 2:19)
Not necessarily true, “we” could be referring to god & the angels, not necessarily the trinity (although I think it does) ns where you got serial killer from either
and Eve was made from ONE, I repeat, ONE of Adams ribs, therefore  Adam should have had only 11 ribs
Umm, I don’t think so. Every human has 24 ribs in total, so he’d have 23.
and this godly gene should have been passed on to his children, but as shown, it didn't because men have 12 ribs just like the 2nd class woman Eve!
How does it follow the “god gene” (which it isn’t even a gene more of a essence) should’ve been passed down? And why does Adam having 23 ribs show he doesn’t have the “gene”, I agree he doesn’t but that’s poor reasoning

Therefore, with the biblical axioms portrayed above, it is truly embarrassing to see fine artists depict Adam and Eve with navels as shown in this ungodly painting herewith which is BLASPHEME:
I don’t think you understand what blasphemy is.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@SethBrown
I don’t think Adam was created literally from dust, 

Neither do I. So what was he created from?